Living Proof no frizz conditioner

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

3.3

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, PolyflouroEster, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance/Parfum, Quaternium-87, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hezyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Burtylphenyl Methylpropional

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is the first anti-frizz product that actually works! Makes my grey/white fine permed straight hair smooth, even as it grows out. Lovely smell and texture. Always used with the shampoo.
Avail in UK from SoaceNK for 20 a pop, worth stocking up in US Sephora for $24

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought the no frizz shampoo, conditioner, leave in, and phd styling cream. The shampoo and conditioner did make my hair easy to comb through but the line in general made my hair greasy looking at the roots and dry and frizzy at the ends.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Made my hair feel silky and smooth. Smells very nice. Great packaging. Quality ingredients that are healthy for hair.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have fine, wavy, mixed-texture hair that I used to get chemically straightened in high school, and now that I'm older and trying not to damage my hair as much, I only get the BKT every 4 months.

I used this conditioner both in Miami (humid), DC (medium humidity during fall), and LA (no humidity). I have to be honest and say that the only place I felt my hair looked smoother and less frizzy after I blow dried it was LA, which naturally has no humidity. I'm not sure why this didn't work for me, but glad I only bought the travel size to try.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using Living Proof shampoo and conditioner pretty much exclusively since they came out (I'll use something else once or twice a month if I feel the need for a clarifying shampoo). I've also used almost all of the styling products, which I'll review separately. I originally bought Living Proof s&c on a business trip, when I saw my reflection in a store window and was so horrified at the size of my hair that I scurried into the Sephora on the next block. The Living Proof line had just come out the month before, and although it was expensive, anything that promised "no frizz" sounded pretty good to me right then. It turned out to be an inspired purchase and I've never strayed since. It's actually completely transformed my hair. Living Proof is CG (Curly Girl) - friendly -- it contains no SLS and no silicones. When I switched over to using CG-friendly haircare for several years, my formerly lackluster, wimpy waves turned into gorgeous tumbling curls. (Note: this isn't unusual -- check out the NaturallyCurly.com forums for amazing before and after photos!). In addition, the Living Proof products delivered on their "no frizz" claim -- my hair is soft, glossy, and frizz-free. Expensive stuff (though I do my best to stock up during the F&F sales), the candy-orange scent isn't really my cup of tea, and the packaging could be improved (flip-tops on the bottles snap off very easily, allowing water to get in/bacteria to grow if the product is not transferred to a different bottle, which is a pain), but I'll keep buying anyway, because my hair has *never* looked this good.

on 8/20/2010 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have thick curly hair with a strong inclination to frizz so I'm a bit of a sucker when it comes to anti-frizz products. I tried this product in different ways.

1. I washed my hair as normal (once) then used it as a leave in conditioner. No difference at all. And this stuff is expensive so you'd get through a bottle pretty quickly especially as girls with thick hair tend to wear it a bit longer.

2. I washed and conditioned my hair with my usual Pantene shampoo and conditioner and then used the product as an additional leave in conditioner. It takes a lot to weigh my hair down so I was prepared for a bit of extra oiliness. Again - no difference.

3. I used the product as a leave in conditioner and then used a diffuser. The curls looked ok but no different or longer lasting than when I use a homemade bottle of half conditioner/half water to add some zing to the curls.

I want a product that I can use at home without having to always spend hours blow drying and that will make my thick curly hair look nice and not just frizzy. This stuff is 18 in sterling and about $27 in dollars - way way too much for what it does. Which is sod all in my case.

Waste of money. I will not be repurchasing.

on 5/19/2010 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I tried this along with the shampoo and wasn't very impressed. After rinsing out the conditioner, my hair didn't feel soft at all. After styling it, my hair still didn't feel soft but felt coated and was weighed down. My hair is naturally fine/thin, I think this would be better for those with thick hair who need the help with coating/weighing their hair down.

Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PolyfluoroEster, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance, Quaternium-87, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional.

I started with the expensive travel size from Sephora, and returned a week later to purchase a full size. I have long, highlighted, fairly- coarse hair. This lovely conditioner truly does keep the frizzies at bay, and leaves my hair shiney, soft, and full of body. I was reluctant to try this because I thought, like lots of other frizz-control products, this would flatten my hair. Not so! The scent is not overwhelming, either. A little bit of this product truly does go a long way. Overall I feel it is an expensive conditioner, but I will repurchase.

on 2/24/2010 5:56:00 PM

I bought the (EXPENSIVE!) travel size of the shampoo, conditioner, and spray treatment from Sephora. The shampoo didn't impress me all that much BUT used in conjunction with the conditioner and spray treatment - WOW! BEST EVER! These products are expensive, but like most pricey products, a little does go a long way. The more I've used the shampoo, the more I've come to like it. In the beginning I felt it striped my hair; left it a horrible tangled mess. With time and use it's not feeling so dramatic that way. I don't notice any odor from any of the products. The conditioner is absolutely terrific - light-weight, fantastic de-tangling (my biggest problem), NOT greasy. The spray treatment adds a long-lasting "coating" to my hair (again, not greasy or heavy). My hair is very shiney, very smooth and NO TANGLES - I can brush right through it (what a relief!). I re-purchased the full size products when I was about halfway through the travel-size. I recommend that you at least try these products.
***LATER*** I'm changing my ratings on these three products -- after using them for about 2 weeks all the shine is gone from my hair. And I have VERY shiney hair. Back to my usual and favorite ol' stand by hair care....

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I was amazed at the "slip" my hair had after conditioning a few minutes with Living Proof conditioner. It continued after my hair dried, giving a smooth and shiny appearance.

Other pluses, the fragrance and the beautiful packaging.