Living Proof no frizz conditioner

3.5

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, PolyflouroEster, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance/Parfum, Quaternium-87, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hezyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Burtylphenyl Methylpropional

on 8/6/2016 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am someone who spends far too much time and money on the hunt for conditioners which will control and soften my thick, coarse, unruly curls, and its rare any one product checks the boxes for me. I was VERY surprised how well this conditioner performs, and how soft it left my hair. Although it's a bit spendy, I believe it's worth it.

I put off trying this conditioner out for a loooong time. I felt it was far too expensive for daily use because of its size; my hair is long and thick, down to my butt, which means I go through conditioners much quicker than most. I also figured it was overhyped and may not be formulated for my kind of hair anyhow since all of the photos and adds depicted gals with thinner and shorter hair than I have [Read: No Latina's or mixed women so I didn't figure it would do sh*t for my Puerto Rican mane]. Anyway, the other day I decided to give it a try and I was/am not disappointed! I am pleasantly surprised... The immediate slip you get from this is the tell-tale sign of its high quality IMO, and it wasn't a deceiving silicone-ish type silkiness either. I was also amazed that a little goes a long way - I barely needed any of this to cover/work through my hair, which is highly unusual. When combing my hair in the shower, my hair was noticeably less tangled and it was a lot easier to glide through than usual, which also resulted in less breakage. When my hair dried, it was left very soft, manageable, and the curls were very well defined even though this isn't advertised for curly girls. It was a pretty humid day when I first used this so I skipped the additional products in order to see if this could stand up as advertised, which it did! After running around doing errands for 2 hrs and then hitting a bar where I sat outside as the wind blew like crazy for another 3 hrs, I came home to find no additional frizz and I was sans the usual "poof head".

I only have two complaints about this conditioner, one of them may just be my own quirk of insanity and have no baring for anyone else... Problem 1: The price. I really do love this but I do feel at $26.00 for 8 oz, that's rather steep. A more realistic price point for this would be around $18. On the flipside, the 24 oz size is $49.00 and when compared to the smaller bottle that's a pretty good deal at 3X. Now that I know how much I dig this product, I will go for the larger size which I feel is better and more realistic, again considering as I said earlier that a little goes a long way. Problem 2: This smells like raid to me. Raid - you know, the crap you spray to kill ants. To be fair, I said this to a couple people and had them sniff my coils and they told me I am crazy to think this. So perhaps that's just my odd sense of smell. At any rate the smell did dissipate - scent crisis quickly averted.

I highly recommend trying this if you struggle with frizz and have thick or curly hair. Yeah its spendy but I can honestly say this is a product wherein you really do get what you pay for. And that's a rarity as those who spend $$$ on hair products are well aware. This is excellent stuff and I am looking forward to trying other products (for curls, the leave ins, etc) from this brand.

on 7/15/2016 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Immediately after I washed and blow dried my hair, I didn't see a great (if any) difference from what I get from my usual hair products - like L'Oreal Professionnel and TIGI, that are still expensive brands, but still significantly cheaper than this one. Yes, it did look good and somewhat tamed, but it wasn't the "wow, I cannot recognize my own hair" effect I expected to get, and it wasn't very different from what I get with my TIGI conditioner which is half the price.
It was my second day hair that impressed me, though. It still felt as soft and looked as voluminous as if I had just washed it. I don't think any of my previous conditioners have achieved this - my second day hair usually gets back to its straw-like dry and shineless self.
Overall, it is a great product but I expected much more for its hefty price. I would buy it again, but only after I try some other products in search of my HG.

To Read all 40 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have just one thing to say about this - ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I have curly hair which is prone to frizz in the summer due to humidity and in the winter due to drying radiators, so basically all year long I'm looking for something to combat the frizz. I've tried a lot of stuff, including Moroccanoil (this has been downgraded to my #2 favorite after Living Proof). I'm usually not a fan of conditioners, because they weigh my fine hair down, but this is absolutely different - it leaves my hair silky, with just the right amount of curl (more of the loose, relaxed kind rather than ringlets), and it definitely does extend time between shampoos. Overall, that's what I've been looking for all this time, it really enhances the way your hair looks and the bottle looks like it'll last a long time.

on 6/11/2015 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this conditioner along with the "No Frizz" shampoo after getting my hair dyed. I have long, thick, and frizzy hair and this conditioner is AMAZING. I got this at Ulta for $24 and let me tell ya, a little bit goes a LONG ways. The bottle is very well-designed and it smells wonderful! It makes my hair super manageable and helps detangle it as well. I love this system from Living Proof and will continue to use.

I've been using this for about a week.

My hair is long, thick, coarse, and prone to frizz. Before we get to the dog days of summer, I wanted to start some preventative action. I have not had a chance to use it yet during some of the nasty, really humid days here. I did get rained on while working in the yard, and the sun came out made a sauna. This product did not help the ensuing frizz...but I think that is too much to expect out of any product.

What has changed, is that my hair feels really soft, and shiny. It seems to make my second day hair look a lot less grubby, as well. I'm excited to see how it holds up to this summer, within reason. When I run out of shampoo, I'll try the Living Proof version to see if my results are even better.

I used this about 4-5 times before I decided that I needed to review it. I absolutely love it! My hair is naturally straight and to the middle of my back but it has so much frizz... This has reduced my frizz by 90%. I use it more generously where I get more frizz, which is from the neck up. Just like most products, it really depends on your hair and texture. Not all hair will like the same products, but I think it is really worth a try!

Reading the reviews reminds me NOT to pay too much attention to reviews!! I am in utter disbelief that anyone could rate this product poorly!! From day one of use, Living Proof has delivered like NO OTHER, all without crappy silicones!! Hands down THE BEST product out there! (I like the Nourishing No Frizz too, as well as the Perfect Hair Day.) In my opinion there is no reason to try any other line again...ever. And I've tried em all...so I'm thankful that my search is done because this line WORKS!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

LOVE this! There are so many hair products out there that claim to do all these magical things to your hair and rarely deliver. This one is truly anti-frizz. I let me hair air dry with no product in it and was in love with the results. (This is how I test whether a product TRULY works or not.) My hair is generally a bit frizzy/wavy when air dried/natural. It is very long and damaged obviously at the ends, especially when I'm slacking on my trims. It did not weigh down my hair or make it greasy, which can often happen with anti-frizz products. The smell is delicious, too! Sephora is constantly pushing Living Proof, and I'm glad I finally gave it a chance! Definitely would repurchase! I took away a lippie for the price, $25 for a bottle of conditioner seems silly, especially since I use a huge handful each time I wash since my hair is so long.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is the first anti-frizz product that actually works! Makes my grey/white fine permed straight hair smooth, even as it grows out. Lovely smell and texture. Always used with the shampoo.
Avail in UK from SoaceNK for 20 a pop, worth stocking up in US Sephora for $24

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought the no frizz shampoo, conditioner, leave in, and phd styling cream. The shampoo and conditioner did make my hair easy to comb through but the line in general made my hair greasy looking at the roots and dry and frizzy at the ends.