Living Proof no frizz conditioner

No Image

3.5

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, PolyflouroEster, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance/Parfum, Quaternium-87, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hezyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Burtylphenyl Methylpropional

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Over the years, I have tried way too many product for my frizzy hair. I have really thick, wavy and frizzy hair. I don't really have curly hair but the frizz makes it look so. Yes. It's that frizzy. But this conditioner did what others didn't . It tames the frizz and makes my hair appear soft and manageable.

I had undergone smoothening treatment for my hair and this product really helped me to manage the difference in moisturization of my normal hair against the smoothened hair. I only wish it gave more shine to the hair .

This along with John Frieda's anti frizz serum works best for my hair.

on 8/6/2016 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am someone who spends far too much time and money on the hunt for conditioners which will control and soften my thick, coarse, unruly curls, and its rare any one product checks the boxes for me. I was VERY surprised how well this conditioner performs, and how soft it left my hair. Although it's a bit spendy, I believe it's worth it.

I put off trying this conditioner out for a loooong time. I felt it was far too expensive for daily use because of its size; my hair is long and thick, down to my butt, which means I go through conditioners much quicker than most. I also figured it was overhyped and may not be formulated for my kind of hair anyhow since all of the photos and adds depicted gals with thinner and shorter hair than I have [Read: No Latina's or mixed women so I didn't figure it would do sh*t for my Puerto Rican mane]. Anyway, the other day I decided to give it a try and I was/am not disappointed! I am pleasantly surprised... The immediate slip you get from this is the tell-tale sign of its high quality IMO, and it wasn't a deceiving silicone-ish type silkiness either. I was also amazed that a little goes a long way - I barely needed any of this to cover/work through my hair, which is highly unusual. When combing my hair in the shower, my hair was noticeably less tangled and it was a lot easier to glide through than usual, which also resulted in less breakage. When my hair dried, it was left very soft, manageable, and the curls were very well defined even though this isn't advertised for curly girls. It was a pretty humid day when I first used this so I skipped the additional products in order to see if this could stand up as advertised, which it did! After running around doing errands for 2 hrs and then hitting a bar where I sat outside as the wind blew like crazy for another 3 hrs, I came home to find no additional frizz and I was sans the usual "poof head".

I only have two complaints about this conditioner, one of them may just be my own quirk of insanity and have no baring for anyone else... Problem 1: The price. I really do love this but I do feel at $26.00 for 8 oz, that's rather steep. A more realistic price point for this would be around $18. On the flipside, the 24 oz size is $49.00 and when compared to the smaller bottle that's a pretty good deal at 3X. Now that I know how much I dig this product, I will go for the larger size which I feel is better and more realistic, again considering as I said earlier that a little goes a long way. Problem 2: This smells like raid to me. Raid - you know, the crap you spray to kill ants. To be fair, I said this to a couple people and had them sniff my coils and they told me I am crazy to think this. So perhaps that's just my odd sense of smell. At any rate the smell did dissipate - scent crisis quickly averted.

I highly recommend trying this if you struggle with frizz and have thick or curly hair. Yeah its spendy but I can honestly say this is a product wherein you really do get what you pay for. And that's a rarity as those who spend $$$ on hair products are well aware. This is excellent stuff and I am looking forward to trying other products (for curls, the leave ins, etc) from this brand.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have just one thing to say about this - ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I have curly hair which is prone to frizz in the summer due to humidity and in the winter due to drying radiators, so basically all year long I'm looking for something to combat the frizz. I've tried a lot of stuff, including Moroccanoil (this has been downgraded to my #2 favorite after Living Proof). I'm usually not a fan of conditioners, because they weigh my fine hair down, but this is absolutely different - it leaves my hair silky, with just the right amount of curl (more of the loose, relaxed kind rather than ringlets), and it definitely does extend time between shampoos. Overall, that's what I've been looking for all this time, it really enhances the way your hair looks and the bottle looks like it'll last a long time.

on 6/11/2015 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this conditioner along with the "No Frizz" shampoo after getting my hair dyed. I have long, thick, and frizzy hair and this conditioner is AMAZING. I got this at Ulta for $24 and let me tell ya, a little bit goes a LONG ways. The bottle is very well-designed and it smells wonderful! It makes my hair super manageable and helps detangle it as well. I love this system from Living Proof and will continue to use.

I've been using this for about a week.

My hair is long, thick, coarse, and prone to frizz. Before we get to the dog days of summer, I wanted to start some preventative action. I have not had a chance to use it yet during some of the nasty, really humid days here. I did get rained on while working in the yard, and the sun came out made a sauna. This product did not help the ensuing frizz...but I think that is too much to expect out of any product.

What has changed, is that my hair feels really soft, and shiny. It seems to make my second day hair look a lot less grubby, as well. I'm excited to see how it holds up to this summer, within reason. When I run out of shampoo, I'll try the Living Proof version to see if my results are even better.

I used this about 4-5 times before I decided that I needed to review it. I absolutely love it! My hair is naturally straight and to the middle of my back but it has so much frizz... This has reduced my frizz by 90%. I use it more generously where I get more frizz, which is from the neck up. Just like most products, it really depends on your hair and texture. Not all hair will like the same products, but I think it is really worth a try!

Reading the reviews reminds me NOT to pay too much attention to reviews!! I am in utter disbelief that anyone could rate this product poorly!! From day one of use, Living Proof has delivered like NO OTHER, all without crappy silicones!! Hands down THE BEST product out there! (I like the Nourishing No Frizz too, as well as the Perfect Hair Day.) In my opinion there is no reason to try any other line again...ever. And I've tried em all...so I'm thankful that my search is done because this line WORKS!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is the first anti-frizz product that actually works! Makes my grey/white fine permed straight hair smooth, even as it grows out. Lovely smell and texture. Always used with the shampoo.
Avail in UK from SoaceNK for 20 a pop, worth stocking up in US Sephora for $24

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using Living Proof shampoo and conditioner pretty much exclusively since they came out (I'll use something else once or twice a month if I feel the need for a clarifying shampoo). I've also used almost all of the styling products, which I'll review separately. I originally bought Living Proof s&c on a business trip, when I saw my reflection in a store window and was so horrified at the size of my hair that I scurried into the Sephora on the next block. The Living Proof line had just come out the month before, and although it was expensive, anything that promised "no frizz" sounded pretty good to me right then. It turned out to be an inspired purchase and I've never strayed since. It's actually completely transformed my hair. Living Proof is CG (Curly Girl) - friendly -- it contains no SLS and no silicones. When I switched over to using CG-friendly haircare for several years, my formerly lackluster, wimpy waves turned into gorgeous tumbling curls. (Note: this isn't unusual -- check out the NaturallyCurly.com forums for amazing before and after photos!). In addition, the Living Proof products delivered on their "no frizz" claim -- my hair is soft, glossy, and frizz-free. Expensive stuff (though I do my best to stock up during the F&F sales), the candy-orange scent isn't really my cup of tea, and the packaging could be improved (flip-tops on the bottles snap off very easily, allowing water to get in/bacteria to grow if the product is not transferred to a different bottle, which is a pain), but I'll keep buying anyway, because my hair has *never* looked this good.

I started with the expensive travel size from Sephora, and returned a week later to purchase a full size. I have long, highlighted, fairly- coarse hair. This lovely conditioner truly does keep the frizzies at bay, and leaves my hair shiney, soft, and full of body. I was reluctant to try this because I thought, like lots of other frizz-control products, this would flatten my hair. Not so! The scent is not overwhelming, either. A little bit of this product truly does go a long way. Overall I feel it is an expensive conditioner, but I will repurchase.