Living Proof no frizz conditioner

No Image

3.5

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, PolyflouroEster, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance/Parfum, Quaternium-87, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hezyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Burtylphenyl Methylpropional

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Received both the shampoo and conditioner as a gift. My Sephora friend has always attempted to push this line on me and I've resisted, just going with a gut feeling. Now I know why. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.
Anti-frizz? Try pro-frizz immediately even when you don't have it. I've only had one other shampoo react so badly with my hair and that was a drugstore brand(not saying drugstore brands are bad- I pick and choose from low to high end all the time), but this is definitely not worth the money charged.
I could not easily comb thru after using the conditioner and my hair is only chin- length. Fragrance is ok. Slip is harder than I expected. After blow-drying, my hair looks so dry and unmanageable, I am forced to use ridiculous amounts of styling product to over-compensate for the dryness imposed by Living Proof. I used the left-over shampoo/conditioner to hand-wash sweaters so as not to waste it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Garbage. I can't believe this goes for the price that it does. Thankfully this came in one of those monthly subscription boxes so I paid a fraction of the price.

Pros:
- Smell—subtle and fresh, BUT doesn't last long
- The bottle is designed with a flat top so you can flip the bottle upside down—ensuring that you can get every last drop of the shampoo

Cons:
- Does nothing to stop frizz. I have naturally straight hair but when it's humid, can get a tad bit out of control. Ends up making my hair look drier than normal. I've also used this w/ the conditioner which also is crap.
- The price. $20/bottle is outrageous for shampoo that's garbage. But even if it wasn't still outrageous pricing for something that's being used daily.

Save yourself the money.

I have used the product for more than a month. And I begin to notice that I loose more hair with this product.

on 3/15/2012 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I tried this along with the shampoo, and it dried my hair out and made it hard to detangle. The smell is weird. I just was not pleased with this product and it had to go back. My hair type is 4a/b.

on 8/20/2010 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have thick curly hair with a strong inclination to frizz so I'm a bit of a sucker when it comes to anti-frizz products. I tried this product in different ways.

1. I washed my hair as normal (once) then used it as a leave in conditioner. No difference at all. And this stuff is expensive so you'd get through a bottle pretty quickly especially as girls with thick hair tend to wear it a bit longer.

2. I washed and conditioned my hair with my usual Pantene shampoo and conditioner and then used the product as an additional leave in conditioner. It takes a lot to weigh my hair down so I was prepared for a bit of extra oiliness. Again - no difference.

3. I used the product as a leave in conditioner and then used a diffuser. The curls looked ok but no different or longer lasting than when I use a homemade bottle of half conditioner/half water to add some zing to the curls.

I want a product that I can use at home without having to always spend hours blow drying and that will make my thick curly hair look nice and not just frizzy. This stuff is 18 in sterling and about $27 in dollars - way way too much for what it does. Which is sod all in my case.

Waste of money. I will not be repurchasing.

on 2/24/2010 5:56:00 PM

I bought the (EXPENSIVE!) travel size of the shampoo, conditioner, and spray treatment from Sephora. The shampoo didn't impress me all that much BUT used in conjunction with the conditioner and spray treatment - WOW! BEST EVER! These products are expensive, but like most pricey products, a little does go a long way. The more I've used the shampoo, the more I've come to like it. In the beginning I felt it striped my hair; left it a horrible tangled mess. With time and use it's not feeling so dramatic that way. I don't notice any odor from any of the products. The conditioner is absolutely terrific - light-weight, fantastic de-tangling (my biggest problem), NOT greasy. The spray treatment adds a long-lasting "coating" to my hair (again, not greasy or heavy). My hair is very shiney, very smooth and NO TANGLES - I can brush right through it (what a relief!). I re-purchased the full size products when I was about halfway through the travel-size. I recommend that you at least try these products.
***LATER*** I'm changing my ratings on these three products -- after using them for about 2 weeks all the shine is gone from my hair. And I have VERY shiney hair. Back to my usual and favorite ol' stand by hair care....

on 3/30/2018 2:10:00 PM

I tried this at a friend’s house. It probably isn’t exactly right for my hair type (fine, long, straight), but still...left my hair feeling filmy, weighed down, and not properly moisturized/deranged. A never buy for me!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought the no frizz shampoo, conditioner, leave in, and phd styling cream. The shampoo and conditioner did make my hair easy to comb through but the line in general made my hair greasy looking at the roots and dry and frizzy at the ends.

on 6/1/2013 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

There are far better conditioners out there for frizzy hair. Also the shampoo is not gentle at all for my hair. My hair really thick, dry, and wavy.

on 5/20/2013 9:02:00 PM

I have longish, mature, dry hair. As I've aged my straight hair has turned curly and fuzzy underneath. I am always looking for products that smooth and sooth the hair. I used this with the shampoo this morning. The shampoo left a heavy feeling to my hair which I really disliked and while the conditioner had a good slip, when I got out of the shower I could see the 'dryness' through my wet hair. Those with dry hair may understand what I mean. I clearly needed moisture and I quickly realized that my hair was going to dry all fuzzy. I blew out my hair using the no frizz styling creme. I had to flat iron the h*ll out of my hair to smooth it down. I got the no frizz trial pack for 30 bucks and what a waste of money that was. This was all just a big 'NO' for me.