Living Proof no frizz conditioner

Filtered by age: 44-55
No Image

3.7

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, PolyflouroEster, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance/Parfum, Quaternium-87, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hezyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Burtylphenyl Methylpropional

on 8/6/2016 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am someone who spends far too much time and money on the hunt for conditioners which will control and soften my thick, coarse, unruly curls, and its rare any one product checks the boxes for me. I was VERY surprised how well this conditioner performs, and how soft it left my hair. Although it's a bit spendy, I believe it's worth it.

I put off trying this conditioner out for a loooong time. I felt it was far too expensive for daily use because of its size; my hair is long and thick, down to my butt, which means I go through conditioners much quicker than most. I also figured it was overhyped and may not be formulated for my kind of hair anyhow since all of the photos and adds depicted gals with thinner and shorter hair than I have [Read: No Latina's or mixed women so I didn't figure it would do sh*t for my Puerto Rican mane]. Anyway, the other day I decided to give it a try and I was/am not disappointed! I am pleasantly surprised... The immediate slip you get from this is the tell-tale sign of its high quality IMO, and it wasn't a deceiving silicone-ish type silkiness either. I was also amazed that a little goes a long way - I barely needed any of this to cover/work through my hair, which is highly unusual. When combing my hair in the shower, my hair was noticeably less tangled and it was a lot easier to glide through than usual, which also resulted in less breakage. When my hair dried, it was left very soft, manageable, and the curls were very well defined even though this isn't advertised for curly girls. It was a pretty humid day when I first used this so I skipped the additional products in order to see if this could stand up as advertised, which it did! After running around doing errands for 2 hrs and then hitting a bar where I sat outside as the wind blew like crazy for another 3 hrs, I came home to find no additional frizz and I was sans the usual "poof head".

I only have two complaints about this conditioner, one of them may just be my own quirk of insanity and have no baring for anyone else... Problem 1: The price. I really do love this but I do feel at $26.00 for 8 oz, that's rather steep. A more realistic price point for this would be around $18. On the flipside, the 24 oz size is $49.00 and when compared to the smaller bottle that's a pretty good deal at 3X. Now that I know how much I dig this product, I will go for the larger size which I feel is better and more realistic, again considering as I said earlier that a little goes a long way. Problem 2: This smells like raid to me. Raid - you know, the crap you spray to kill ants. To be fair, I said this to a couple people and had them sniff my coils and they told me I am crazy to think this. So perhaps that's just my odd sense of smell. At any rate the smell did dissipate - scent crisis quickly averted.

I highly recommend trying this if you struggle with frizz and have thick or curly hair. Yeah its spendy but I can honestly say this is a product wherein you really do get what you pay for. And that's a rarity as those who spend $$$ on hair products are well aware. This is excellent stuff and I am looking forward to trying other products (for curls, the leave ins, etc) from this brand.

Reading the reviews reminds me NOT to pay too much attention to reviews!! I am in utter disbelief that anyone could rate this product poorly!! From day one of use, Living Proof has delivered like NO OTHER, all without crappy silicones!! Hands down THE BEST product out there! (I like the Nourishing No Frizz too, as well as the Perfect Hair Day.) In my opinion there is no reason to try any other line again...ever. And I've tried em all...so I'm thankful that my search is done because this line WORKS!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is the first anti-frizz product that actually works! Makes my grey/white fine permed straight hair smooth, even as it grows out. Lovely smell and texture. Always used with the shampoo.
Avail in UK from SoaceNK for 20 a pop, worth stocking up in US Sephora for $24

on 5/20/2013 9:02:00 PM

I have longish, mature, dry hair. As I've aged my straight hair has turned curly and fuzzy underneath. I am always looking for products that smooth and sooth the hair. I used this with the shampoo this morning. The shampoo left a heavy feeling to my hair which I really disliked and while the conditioner had a good slip, when I got out of the shower I could see the 'dryness' through my wet hair. Those with dry hair may understand what I mean. I clearly needed moisture and I quickly realized that my hair was going to dry all fuzzy. I blew out my hair using the no frizz styling creme. I had to flat iron the h*ll out of my hair to smooth it down. I got the no frizz trial pack for 30 bucks and what a waste of money that was. This was all just a big 'NO' for me.

on 2/14/2013 10:52:00 AM

I am reviewing this probably too soon, I used it and found that my hair possibly got even frizzier, but the next day and even later on that day it was much better and the next day is was soft and manageable. I tried it with the Style extender and both products together was AWFUL. dry fly away and very frizzy but soft, I was about to write this whole line off but the next morning I looked in the mirror and my hair looked beautiful, it didn't look like my hair. My hair didn't have the shine it usually does and its a little limp without as much control as I usually have, but there is great potential here for a HG product, and its worth it to play with it and try to get the right combo for my hair -- a little argan oil with the leave in treatments perhaps? I will update, with the price, I think the angels should start singing but I'm willing for a little bit anyway to try to figure these products out.

on 8/20/2010 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have thick curly hair with a strong inclination to frizz so I'm a bit of a sucker when it comes to anti-frizz products. I tried this product in different ways.

1. I washed my hair as normal (once) then used it as a leave in conditioner. No difference at all. And this stuff is expensive so you'd get through a bottle pretty quickly especially as girls with thick hair tend to wear it a bit longer.

2. I washed and conditioned my hair with my usual Pantene shampoo and conditioner and then used the product as an additional leave in conditioner. It takes a lot to weigh my hair down so I was prepared for a bit of extra oiliness. Again - no difference.

3. I used the product as a leave in conditioner and then used a diffuser. The curls looked ok but no different or longer lasting than when I use a homemade bottle of half conditioner/half water to add some zing to the curls.

I want a product that I can use at home without having to always spend hours blow drying and that will make my thick curly hair look nice and not just frizzy. This stuff is 18 in sterling and about $27 in dollars - way way too much for what it does. Which is sod all in my case.

Waste of money. I will not be repurchasing.

on 11/12/2009 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a sample of this from Sephora, and I LOVE it (so far)! I plan on buying a full bottle of this on my next trip 2 the mall. I hope that the "sample-is-better-than-the-full-sized-product" jinx does not apply to this product like it did to so many other products I've tried in the past. (Of course, I ALWAYS update & take away lippies when this happens.) The fragrance in this conditioner does make me sneeze in the shower, though... but I like the lift and smooth texture it gives to my fine, short hair. Normally, I mix Moroccan Oil or Argan Oil into my hair gel in order to get this same result; but the 2 days I used this conditioner, I just used hair gel and skipped the oil and got even better results after blowdrying than I do using the oil & the gel. My hair looked shiny and had more body with no frizz! I definitely intend to buy a full bottle since I only have one more application left in my sample packet. :o)