Lanolips 101 Ointment Multipurpose Superbalm

4.3

Lanolin (100 ultra medical grade), Sweet Almond Oil, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Cera alba, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Grape Seed Oil, vitamin E, Aroma, CI 77891, CI 15850, CI 19140, CI 77491, CI 17200, CI 45410, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 42090, RicinusCommunis (Castor) Seed Oil.

I wanted to love this lip balm, but i was so disappointed. First of all, i regretted not buying it with a scent apple or coconut. I don't know what happened but it started smelling like water that stays in place for a long time, maybe from hot and cold temperatures that make it go hard or loose, which make me want to throw it out. Whats more, it needs frequent reapplication for my lips to stay hydrated. It's not cheap so I had higher expectations! I'm gone stay with my HG nuxe reve de miel and stop experimenting with B**ls**t!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I always loved lanolin but couldn't get over the awful scent. This doesn't have that gross lanolin smell whatsoever. I have very dry/peeling lips and lanolin seems to be the only thing that helps "cure" them
Stays on your lips for a long time & gives them a slick wet look (think MAC lipglass). Overall I'm very pleased with it. It probably will last me a very long time so I'm sure I won't be repurchasing very soon.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I’ve used this for the past couple of years as a lip balm/gloss and loved it, it keeps my lips from chapping and leaves a wet look that I love. But now it has superseded my expectations even further! After having trouble with my eyelids for a month (they had reacted to something and were dry, flaky, sore and inflamed) I had tried various different creams with no luck. It occurred to me to give this a try and I’m so glad I did. After 24 hours my eyes had cleared up! I thought this balm was great but now think it’s miraculous and it will be my go to whenever I have any skin complaint.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've really been enjoying lanolips lately. It's summer now and it's not hard to squeeze at all. There is no smell or taste. My lips feel protected for a long time and look smoother than before. My only real complaint is that I'm not a big fan of the initial shiny finish and miss the sensory pleasure I get from beautifully scented lip balms. I also see no reason than the cute packaging to repurchase lanolips as any other pure refined lanolin like purelan would work exactly the same. I can't deny that lanolin works and will probably use it at night along with Nuxe Reve de miel in the morning.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Tried this out during travels and it’s definitely something different from traditional balms & ointments but highly effective in a majority of situations where one needs to soothe irritations or treat dry bits.
I used it mainly as a hand & lip treatment and on the hands about a 1/4” portion from the tube is generous. It soaks in with a bit of work and leaves hands soft. The major perk of lanolin: it doesn’t leave a greasy film behind. It even lasts through a hand washing. A dab for lips leaves a nice coating and will last several hours, longer if you don’t drink from anything. However, I prefer the lanolips lip products for the applicator and the softer formula.
I have a bad habit of running my hands through my hair and wanted to try this as one of the “101” uses (all of which are not specified) and it helped tame my frizzies without making my fine blonde hair look or feel greasy. I also smoothed a little over my nighttime moistturizer one evening and it definitely works well as a moisture booster.
Not sure what exactly all of the “101” used are and this particular version of straight lanolin is a very pricey choice to use in large quantities. The only honest complaint I can make at this time is the cap of the tube kept on popping off inside of my clutch bag. Fortunately this wasn’t a problem, thanks to its forementioned complaints of being difficult to squeeze from the tube. I already have purchased a backup because I want to continue to use it for my face.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Trying to squeeze this stuff from the tube put me in mind of BITE Beauty's Agave Lip Mask....a near impossibility. I ended up dipping a bodkin into the tube to get product because I was afraid the tube was going to burst, I was squeezing that hard! I've since learned that warming/massaging the tube helps soften the product and I transfer a bit of it to a sample jar to make it easier to use. I've tried the Lanolips lemony lip balm but I much prefer this Superbalm as it is much smoother (I found the balm sort of gritty feeling, much like Nuxe lip balm). Superbalm is really soothing and moisturizing on my lips and on a dry, cracked patch on one of my elbows, and is amazing as a cuticle cream/softener. I've tried quite a few cuticle creams but I think this is the best of them all and at just over $20 CDN, the price is not too bad as the tube will last a long time.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is very thick, the thickest occlusive balm you can imagine and when you slather a thin layer on your lips it isn’t going anywhere. You can also use this on your skin but should probably be reserved for super dry, rough patches. It will soften and repair skin to a large degree after just one use. I love that this is all natural and can be used (as the name states) for multiple purposes. I got a generous sample and have been using this daily on my lips ever since. When my sample runs out I will be purchasing this, it’s amazing stuff.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

While I do think that this product is a perfectly good lip balm, and I mainly purchased it in my never-ending quest to find a lip product that stands up to bitter New England winters, without requiring a reapplication every hour on the hour, I actually gave it five lippies for one of the other 100 uses they tout for it. Granted, 101 might a bit of a stretch, but I get the marketing. Anyway, as I said, I live in an area with very cold winters, and I do a lot of walking no matter the weather. This year, in particular, I've had a lot of problems with the tip of my nose and my nasal passages getting chapped and raw. It's really unpleasant, and with the skin peeling, it is hard to manage. My regular moisturizers, which I love, weren't cutting it, and even when I was using Aquaphor and the thick Nivea cream in the tin, the results were marginal at best. So, enter lanolips, which lists 'dry nasal passages' as one of its uses. I was not particularly convinced that rubbing sheep oil on and in my nose was going to be enjoyable, but I decided to give it a try. I put on the first little layer around 9:30 pm, and went to be. Within 24 hours, the difference was incredible, and had been pretty dramatic overnight as well. I did reapply pretty often (maybe every 3-4 hours when I was awake), but that was more because I was desperate to keep it working. For the first time in a month+ my nose doesn't have any noticeable peeling. I will keep applying it sparingly over the next few days to try and keep everything happy, but I'm really thrilled. All in all, it's been a success.

As for the product itself, it's a bit stiff coming out of the tube, which I don't think is the easiest to squeeze, although maybe that's a good thing, so I don't end up using too much product. It's more expensive than I'd like to pay for lip balm, but so far, I think it's worth it. The packaging is pretty cute, and there isn't any smell really, and that is definitely a plus for me. Because I'm using it on my skin directly, and not just my lips, I'm on the look out for any kind of breakouts, but have not had any issues so far. I think this will be a winter staple for me!

I bought this in Strawberry, the pink tube with the gold cap. I wouldn’t buy the strawberry version again because the smell isn’t long lasting and there’s no reason to buy a scented product if the scent doesn’t last, in my opinion (even though the tube is cute). It was about $14 for the strawberry one. I would purchase the plain lanolips instead, which is 0.52 oz and a little more expensive ($17) than the strawberry one (strawberry= 0.35 oz).

As far as performance, I like this because it’s thick and keeps my lips soft. If I put this on overnight and sleep in it, it’s still on my lips in the morning. I put this on over a lip stain throughout the day and it keeps my lips shiny and supple. I have a hard time finding lip products that keep my lips from being chapped and peeling, but this works for me. I will repurchase even though it’s expensive because it works.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This ointment put me in the vicious cycle off applying it, my lips drying out more because of it so I apply more...rinse and repeat. I don’t find it offers immediate relief either. Also, I hate how much the consistency changes depending on various circumstances. It’s cold outside and this happens to be in your pocket? It’s rock solid so good luck getting it out. You left it in the back pocket of your pants while inside? Have fun squeezing out the greasy mess. Only time I appreciate this was when I had a dry patch on my skin and was able to apply this.