Philosophy On a Clear Day Super wash for Oily Skin [DISCONTINUED]

Philosophy On a Clear Day Super wash for Oily Skin [DISCONTINUED]

3.0

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this stuff! I use this every day. I think a lot of philosophy skin care products smell really nasty, but this product doesn't bother me at all. I will continue to re-purchase this product.

on 1/18/2009 7:43:00 PM

I bought the whole kit from Sephora. Not only was it expensive but it made my acne worse than it had ever been in my life, seriously. The face wash stinks of sulfur and leaves your face smelling like it all day.

on 9/8/2008 9:20:00 PM

An absolute waste of money! After rave reviews about the Philosophy brand, I came home with a bottle thinking it was going to do wonders for me. I figured, spending a good amount of money on something that works is okay, right? After a week of use, I was completely dissatisfied. Instead of my face getting "less" oily, it was making my face more oily because it stripped away too much, and my oil glands started producing more to compensate. I've now switched to an organic face wash (Aubrey Organic's Natural Herbal Facial Cleanser), which works much more effectively AND it's way cheaper.

Absolutely awful FOR ME. I had oily skin when I was younger and still get a little oily every now and then, but since taking birth control pills for a few years, my skin has really cleared up. I initially bought the kit to KEEP my skin clear, not necessarily to make it clear. This made my skin feel so tight and irritated and I feel like it made my skin worse. It literally felt like it was eating my skin, so I gave it to my mom whose skin has gotten really oily over the years. If your skin is only mildly oily or normal, don't use this, because the dehydration you get from it WILL make your skin oily. The other products in the kit are alright, but I'm not sure the hefty pricetage is worth it.

on 6/16/2008 11:34:00 AM

Overall this a great cleanser, i have been using it for years! it helps with oily skin! you get used to the smell. very few ingredients too.

on 4/18/2008 11:30:00 PM

I use this in the morning to keep the oilies away during the day. I find it works well - I only use it in the morning, though, and use Purity Made Simple at night, so as not to overdry. My skin responds well to sulfur and poorly to all other oil/acne medications like benzoyl peroxide and salycic acid. It does have a very strong smell, but worth it - since using it and Purity my skin has become more clear and rosy.
EDIT: So last month my skin started freaking out and breaking out like crazy, so I decided to try a different approach - I started using natural products like jojoba oil and tea tree oil and have seen a HUGE improvement in just a week!! Now I only use Purity Made Simple to cleanse and I just add a drop of tea tree oil, which controls acne and oil. At night I moisturize with jojoba oil with a drop of tea tree and in the morning I use Desert Essence Daily Essentials moisturizer (which has jojoba and aloe vera). All I have to say is, why didn't I hear of this sooner??

on 4/13/2008 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product when I was pregnant. I have acne and the pregnancy made it worse. This did absolutely nothing for me. I bought the whole line, what a waste of money.

Like it, works very well on my skin, and I've tried a lot of different kinds of face wash. My skin is NOT super oily, but combination which can get extremely dry, red, and irritated with products made for oily skin. But I can't stand the feeling of any kind of oil on my skin, and wearing any kind of face makeup (foundation or cover up) makes everything worse, so I tend to over-wash my face. This stuff doesn't eat away at my face despite that. Makes towels smell gross though if you dry your face on them after you wash.
I definitely recommend people try it though, this product has worked the best on my weird skin, and if you can't find a face wash that works, I recommend you try it at least once.

on 3/20/2008 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i buy this as part of their acne kit. a waste of money they were. my face broke out with cystic acne, everyday 2-3 will pop out after using this product for a week. my forehead which had never had any blemishes, started to break out and covered with little painful pimple. until now, even after stopping using this regiment for 2 months, my face are still recovering and my forehead texture are never the same...same goes with my jawline and chin... i stumble into a website that said something about bismuth chloride might caused cystic acne for some people, i went to check the ingredients, it indeed contains bismuth. to the trash it goes...i figure that i had a reaction to bismuth....i don't understand why they put bismuth as part of ingredient to fight acne???

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have Rosacea that I could not get under control. Bumpy forhead and red, bumpy cheeks. I did cold light laser, finacea, Eminence, and everything else. My skin is realy oily in the forehead area, and dry around my mouth. I bought this because sulfur products like the proactiv mask seemed to work on my rosacea. BEST PURCHASE EVA!!! It has smoothed the bumps on my forehead and cheeks and taken the redness from my face. It was a little drying around my mouth at first, but not anymore. It smells like Vics VaporRub. I would like better packaging though, so I could get every last drop.

Mayb the people who thought it was too drying didn't have oily enough skin.