4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I have read the other reviews with interest. I think reds appear as different shades on different people. To me, Alarm is not a true red. It is a bit bright for my tastes and has too much pinky blue in it. But it is nowhere as blue as Russian Red. It is not a color that I can wear alone, but I wear it all the time. How is that? I mix it with brown. Works every time. I usually mix it with Revlon ChocoLicious, which to me is too brown to wear alone but makes a great mixer. It only takes a second to mix, and it looks very nice. I have not noticed any problem with transfer. It stays on very nicely when mixed with the brown.

About reviewer (201 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

3 years ago

i buy this bec it said to be the dupe for Mac Russian Red but Russian red are more true blue base red compare to this alarm. this shade in my lip come out looking cheap and i have usd 2 lipstick that pretty much the same with this. like any rimmel lipstick, it apply smoothly, evenly , feather a bit and have this strong smell when first applied but gone in 1 minute but i prefer the kate moss line just because the color more classy

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

4 years ago

I bought this lipstick about a year ago, I definitely don't use it much (not an every day colour) but I would still say it has lasted me a long time. The formula is great, very pigmented but equally moisturising and creamy. I found the application to be easy and precise (for someone who is generally not very good at this stuff) and it does stay on for quite a few hours. I recommend applying more than one layer simply because when you eat or drink it does have some serious transfer so as long as you've applied a bit more than you normally would you won't find yourself losing all your lipstick on cups and napkins. In terms of the colour, the only reason why I wouldn't purchase it again is because it isn't a true true red. Some days I think it looks to pinkish/magenta, other days I think it looks to orange/coral. Either way it wasn't the colour I was after but I've still enjoyed using it. The price is incredible, as with all other rimmel lipsticks so as long as you're not looking for a classic red lip but more of a bright red then this is definitely worth buying!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

from

5 years ago

I had bought this ages ago but never used it because I thought it was too bold and bright. But lately I've been trying out more bold lipsticks and discovered this in my make-up stash to my delight! It looks amazing on my olive/indian skin tone. Definitely worth the price!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

EyesBlack

6 years ago

I really dont think this shade is a true red -- there is some pink going on in there that kinda turns me off, especially since i was hoping for a true red. However, i must say that the smooth, velvety finish is lovely & long-lasting. The colour transfer is insane: youll leave significant stains on cups, glasses, etc. But i guess thats not that big of a deal. The staying power is amazing -- and this is coming from one who cannot get lipstick to stay & fade nicely on her lips. (Oh yeah, this fades to a reddish/magenta colour, imho). Overall, i am impressed with this rimmel formula & will buy another -- hopefully one that is a true, true red.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBrunette

6 years ago

I looooove this lipstick! It is the most beautiful sexy, classy red. Not too bright or dark, not too orange or too blue - just as it should be. I think it would work for every skintone. I'm very pale (almost paper white) and this lipstick looks gorgeous against it. Lipstick is long lasting as it promises and it has matte finish. Will repurchase! :)

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Fine

6 years ago

This is value for your money. A great red shade that can be weared in daytime. Beautiful velvety finish and moisturizing lasts only if you do not eat or drink but for 4 pounds it's a great deal!

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

6 years ago

This is generally an average lipstick. Nice pigmentation. I couldn't really stand the scent in it but it was odourless, I would reconsider repurchasing. Also, in Australia, it's around $10 per tube or lipstick, so I would have expected more product in the tube. Be careful if you have yellow undertones because it will accentuate the yellow hue in your skin.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

7 years ago

A solid red lipstick. Lasts over 5+ hours for me, and appears as a pure, true red. It's rather opaque, but I'd imagine your natural lip color will have some effect on how it appears on your lips. It's drugstore, so very affordable. I'd definitely recommend trying this before you consider purchasing a higher end red lipstick of similar color/texture.

About reviewer (51 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

Hmm...I don't really know what to think of this lipstick. Not the worst on the market but for some reason I just didn't like it! First of all, the color...looks red. To me it looks more like a chestnut brown with a lot of red to it and a yellow undertones. I can't believe people say it's a Russian Red dupe... The thing that I just hate about this lipstick is that I get annoyed every time I wear it: I am not sure what undertones it has! Sometimes they are yellow, most of the time chestnut, sometimes both and it bugs me a lot. I just don't like the color that much. An other point is the transfer...holy cow! The transfer is ridiculous. The other day I was drinking a beer straight from the can as usual and the golden can looked like I have been kissing a vampire who just had his meal. Or like my periods where coming out from the wrong side, yes that gross. It gets everywhere, I ruined one of my favorite scarves. But I have to admit that it has a texture that I love, very creamy and moisturizing, it feels like a lip-balm, you know that healthy-pharmacy-kind-of-lip-balm. And if you are looking for a not so ordinary/true "red" then maybe you might like this one. I might wear it at night for an easy casual look so I don't have to use my expensive stuff (you know, a casual evening not worth using a good Ruby Woo) but as long as I am concerned, this is a lipstick I am not buying again, not this shade.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinOily, Dark