Maybelline New York Color Sensational- Make Me Pink

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Maybelline New York Color Sensational- Make Me Pink

on 6/24/2014 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this color. Im about an mac nc45/revlon rich ginger. This color is such a pretty mauve almost cool toned pink. I was surprised that this color didnt show up as too ashy, too light or too cool lilac/purple. Its a nice light to medium pink. Its practically full coverage and the finish is between a satin and gloss. So far I have been thoroughly happy with the maybelline color sensational pink lipsticks. All thus far have good color payoff and work with my skintone. Most are neutral slightly leaning either cool or warm toned. This makes them easier to work for most people.

If I could get a maybelline nude lipstick to work like the pinks, then I would be in heaven. I swear, that I feared this pink would be like rimmel airy fairy and not look good on me. Im just so happy. I do prefer warmer pinks but this colors looks pretty darn good. Looking at swatches online didnt help me. On a lot of people my skin tone and darker, this pink looked too cool and the reviews werent as nice.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

COLOR: light, cool-toned pastel pink
TEXTURE: smooth and creamy
FINISH: smooth, but flat (not matte) and one-dimensional, no shimmer, not glossy

This is a pretty lipstick, and I love all things pink. However, it just doesn't look nice on me. I'm about an NC42 and I can't get it to work. My sister who is a bit darker than me loves it, and it looks way better on her. The finish was somewhat problematic for me, both with this shade and 'Pink Me Up'. Since they were flat, it looked kind of like play lipstick on me - but I think it's just me, as I know this finish works well on others. As mentioned, the other pink shade I purchased was 'Pink Me Up' and it's more warm-toned than this shade, and slightly peachy/coral, but still pink (for anyone debating colors).

I should add that this product has good color payoff, and feels very nice when you have it on. Staying power is average. I will purchase more in different shades (and have already!)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

First off I love these lipsticks I really do but this color is not for me and my skin tone,it is a lavendar-tinted pink.I liked the way the color looked in the tube but when I got home and put it on and saw the lavendar come out im like no way.Lavendar lips come on that's not cute. Maybe for night time tho I also grabbed pink peony and that looks decent on me but I wont even wear this. The lavendar looks like im about to die and im not getting any oxygen or something not a healthy look more like what a dead persons lips would look like..on me anyway I see everyones else seems to be enjoying this shade. I will continue to buy color sensational and I recommend these lipsticks because they dont dry my lips out and I feel they last very well so I will continue to play around with shades from this line

on 10/1/2009 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

A pretty bubblegum pink with some shimmer. I really like this a lot. It's not that kiddish looking pink but it's good enough for the office or casual for every day. I have Born With It but I like this one better; this one is pinker and slightly darker.

on 8/24/2009 12:03:00 AM