Maybelline New York Color Sensational- Make Me Pink

Maybelline New York Color Sensational- Make Me Pink

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

"Make Me Pink" is a bit misleading of a name in my opinion. If I could give it a better name, I'd choose Make Me Mauve.
This purplish, mauve-y color doesn't have much pink at all. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty color but I don't understand why it's called Make Me Pink. So the color was definitely disappointing seeing how they advertized it as a pink.

Even though the color didn't live up to its name, it's still a stellar formula - very creamy and smooth, which helps it looks very natural on the lip, like a My Lips But Better.
Since I didn't want to use this lippy due to the unexpected shade, I decided to wear it as blush because it looks less purple when its blended into my skin, so I was able to get some use out of it! I wear it every day on my face under my highlighter! It lasts longer than a powder blush thanks to its creaminess

Bottom line: if the only pinks you like are true pinks, steer clear. If you like mauves, give it a try!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW13. True Summer.

This is a fantastic pink lipstick, leaning rose on my pigmented lips.

This color is cool toned. I can wear this during the day, as a polished look. It looks natural-ish, this is no MAC Saint Germaine, but is not a nude, like I see many people saying. It also is not a mauve, it is definitely pink, not purple.

It is a medium-depth pink-rose.

Wears very well, does not show dry patches. Lasts and fades well.

on 1/14/2013 7:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This is my favorite lipstick. I wear it constantly and am always replacing it. The color is a soft pink that looks good on just about everyone. It's very natural and soft looking. I highly recommend it. :)

on 2/23/2011 9:29:00 PM

If I had to pick one lipstick to wear for the rest of my life, this would be it. I LOVE this color and it works with all of my makeup looks.

I tend to get about 3-4 hours of wear out of it and it never makes my lips dry nor does it bleed. It's a very nude color but has enough pink to make your lips 'pop'. Love this formula.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a nice everyday mauvey pink cream lipstick. It's very flattering on my pale skin, but I think it would work equally well on just about any skintone.

on 10/27/2010 1:27:00 AM

Really nice creamy pink. Not really super bright Barbie but really nice :]

on 6/20/2010 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this lipstick. The color is a beautiful cool baby pink with purple undertones which works well on my fair skin.

The formula is nice and creamy, it lasts quite a while and the gradual fade down looks nice too.

I think drugstore lipsticks are getting better and better recently. I prefer this lipstick over some of my MAC ones!

on 2/2/2010 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

When I was girl, all the other girls had Barbie dolls. My mom decided that the Ideal Co. "1965 Grown-up Tammy" was for me. And I truly enjoyed her. Nowadays, whenever gals looks for that "Barbie pink" lipstick, I revert to my Tammy doll days and try to find "Tammy pink." Well, this Color Sensational by Maybelline, Make Me Pink, is my Tammy pink lipstick.

This color is my third in this line and, like the others, it is smooth, creamy, and long-lasting. The shade is bright pink with a soft lavender undertone which truly does tone down the brightness of the pink. It has a sheen which is very natural-looking, not high-gloss. I have pigmented lips and on me this shade is girlish but in that "Grown-Up Tammy" way. (Oh, my gosh, I've got the pageboy too!)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This lipstick is a super gorgeous pink with a hint of lavander, its so pretty and amazingly flattering. So its definately not the color int he add but its gorgeous if you look at it for what it is on its own. Cheap in price but the tube looks nice and functions.

I had really did wanting to try a color sensational lipstick since they came out,and 3 or 4 weeks ago I finally got one.I reallly wanted the light bubble gum pink on the model on the display.I swattched most of the pinks and this one seemed to be my best bet.I LOVE it!! Baby pink,shiny, and long lasting.The pigment is amazing for a drugstore brand.The stick is kind of short, but with the great pigmentation it will last awhile.I will buy this again and again!!!!