Maybelline New York Color Sensational- Make Me Pink

Filtered by hair type : Other
Maybelline New York Color Sensational- Make Me Pink

4.1

"Make Me Pink" is a bit misleading of a name in my opinion. If I could give it a better name, I'd choose Make Me Mauve.
This purplish, mauve-y color doesn't have much pink at all. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty color but I don't understand why it's called Make Me Pink. So the color was definitely disappointing seeing how they advertized it as a pink.

Even though the color didn't live up to its name, it's still a stellar formula - very creamy and smooth, which helps it looks very natural on the lip, like a My Lips But Better.
Since I didn't want to use this lippy due to the unexpected shade, I decided to wear it as blush because it looks less purple when its blended into my skin, so I was able to get some use out of it! I wear it every day on my face under my highlighter! It lasts longer than a powder blush thanks to its creaminess

Bottom line: if the only pinks you like are true pinks, steer clear. If you like mauves, give it a try!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW13. True Summer.

This is a fantastic pink lipstick, leaning rose on my pigmented lips.

This color is cool toned. I can wear this during the day, as a polished look. It looks natural-ish, this is no MAC Saint Germaine, but is not a nude, like I see many people saying. It also is not a mauve, it is definitely pink, not purple.

It is a medium-depth pink-rose.

Wears very well, does not show dry patches. Lasts and fades well.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I love this color because it suits my dark complexion unlike many other pink lippies. I dont really care for the playdough like smell, but overall the product is great and I recommend to women of any color!!!

on 4/3/2011 7:09:00 PM

This is a mauvey-pink that pops, but in a classy way, it is not too fuschia, nor is it too lilac, not too pale nor too dark. It gives me an edgy youthful feel - with my 50-something fair skin and silvering hair. I normally go for high end lipsticks - I actuallty 'never' buy Maybelline and this little lippie has me pretty impressed. It is a tad drying but that can be remedied by topping it with my Cle de Peau or Juicy Tubes gloss.

on 1/30/2011 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this color! It is very subtle on the lips, it's not a bright pink it's more of a mauve pink, but a very wearable every day color. These lipsticks do not dry my lips out and they go on very smooth. One of my most worn colors.

on 11/11/2009 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

i just got this color and i love it.its a perfect color for work.
and the texture is verrry smooth ,

my only complaint is that its very matte so make sure you scrub your lips and use lip balm before applying. i found that because its so matte you can see every wrinkle and cracks if your lips are even slightly dry.

on 10/1/2009 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

A pretty bubblegum pink with some shimmer. I really like this a lot. It's not that kiddish looking pink but it's good enough for the office or casual for every day. I have Born With It but I like this one better; this one is pinker and slightly darker.