Maybelline Color Sensational- Make Me Pink

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Maybelline Color Sensational- Make Me Pink

4.3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a muted light purple that is quite wearable. (I am NC 20.) I still cannot get over the obnoxious smell of Maybelline lipsticks, but they are of the highest quality, really. SUPER pigmented, quite moisturizing, long-lasting, and even the shape is perfect for precise application. However!!! Estee Lauder Electric Mauve is even better than this; it is moisturizing with pretty good color payoff that does NOT make you look sick or washed out.

on 4/14/2014 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just discovered this shade and I have no idea how I missed it for so long. I like Maybelline's lipsticks a lot and I have quite a few. This one is a nude pink on me; I'm NW20. It reminds me somewhat of Cream Cup from MAC but not exactly. It just looks about the same on me. It seems to be a more neutral pink but light. Nudey-pink with slight cool undertones? I am not sure, but it flatters me a lot.

Very beautiful every day color and the formula on these is amazing. You really can't go wrong with any of these. Very smooth, moisturizing, and wears well. No patches or streaking. This is one of those must-have colors.

I've to say that it is ''perfect'' except packaging. A creamy, pigmented and durable result in a bad package. I wonder why they produce like that, because it's almost as good as a luxury brand's rouge..

on 1/20/2012 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite maybelline lipstick and I've tried a lot of them.This is a pretty cool toned pink that is very wearable.

on 6/21/2011 6:47:00 AM

This shade is really pretty in the tube, and it's nice on my lips too but definitely not natural looking.... which is okay with me. The thing I really don't like is that it smells like play-doh. It really stinks and compels me to wear strawberry lip smackers over top of it. I tend to wear lighter pinks and this is sort of a medium pink with a lavender tint. I like wearing it alone or mixed with other lipsticks. A good addition to my pink lipstick arsenal.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Gorgeous mauve-toned pink. Very creamy smooth formula and glides on easily. It compliments my skintone nicely and wears well on it's own. I like that it isn't too bright since I find it harder to pull those shades off. Would work for many different skin-tones especially for medium to tan. It has a weird smell, but I can live with that. Is a creme finish.

I love this color. But I must have gotten one from the bad batch because the consistency is AWFUL! Dry and smells like plastic. Like rubbing a crayon on your lips. I am keeping it tho...the color is that beautiful: a cool medium/lilac pink. Reminds me of mac lovelorn.

This color just doesn't seem to work well on me. It might be a little too cool toned for my skin. I can kind of play around with lipliners and glosses and get it to sort of work, but it's just not my favorite pink on its own. I think I will try Born With It.
UPDATE: I think I figured out a way for this to work afterall. I just apply it very lightly now, then top it with a light pink gloss. I think I was trying to layer this on too thick and it looked too bright on me. Using it almost as a lipstain gives a nice medium mauvish pink.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is a cream pink w/ lilac undertones. I find it a little darker than MAC's Bubblegum & not shimmery. It does have a lot of pigment so if I apply too much, it looks real mod/back to the 80's on me. I like this one if I use a light hand & a light gloss over it. Nice for the price.

(For reference, I'm an NC25/C3 w/ yellow undertones)

on 2/2/2010 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

When I was girl, all the other girls had Barbie dolls. My mom decided that the Ideal Co. "1965 Grown-up Tammy" was for me. And I truly enjoyed her. Nowadays, whenever gals looks for that "Barbie pink" lipstick, I revert to my Tammy doll days and try to find "Tammy pink." Well, this Color Sensational by Maybelline, Make Me Pink, is my Tammy pink lipstick.

This color is my third in this line and, like the others, it is smooth, creamy, and long-lasting. The shade is bright pink with a soft lavender undertone which truly does tone down the brightness of the pink. It has a sheen which is very natural-looking, not high-gloss. I have pigmented lips and on me this shade is girlish but in that "Grown-Up Tammy" way. (Oh, my gosh, I've got the pageboy too!)