Maybelline Color Sensational- Make Me Pink

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Maybelline Color Sensational- Make Me Pink

3.3

"Make Me Pink" is a bit misleading of a name in my opinion. If I could give it a better name, I'd choose Make Me Mauve.
This purplish, mauve-y color doesn't have much pink at all. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty color but I don't understand why it's called Make Me Pink. So the color was definitely disappointing seeing how they advertized it as a pink.

Even though the color didn't live up to its name, it's still a stellar formula - very creamy and smooth, which helps it looks very natural on the lip, like a My Lips But Better.
Since I didn't want to use this lippy due to the unexpected shade, I decided to wear it as blush because it looks less purple when its blended into my skin, so I was able to get some use out of it! I wear it every day on my face under my highlighter! It lasts longer than a powder blush thanks to its creaminess

Bottom line: if the only pinks you like are true pinks, steer clear. If you like mauves, give it a try!

on 3/5/2015 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This lipstick is a really pretty light cool toned pink tinged with lilac. The formula isn't drying and it seem to wear for a decent amount of time. Since changing my hair from red back to its natural light ash brown, I've been looking for cooler toned makeup. This definitely fits the bill. I really think this would work for anyone with fair to medium cool skin and ash or neutral hair. If you have obviously warm hair and skin, this shade would be a dud.

I really like this product but i wish the color would stay on longer. The package thing is soooo pretty!!!! I think i could do better, but i would buy this again.

on 10/11/2009 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Color:
Very pretty bright, lavendar-tinted pink. It can be an attention grabber so you may want to tone down the rest of your makeup. Just barely works on my skintone. No shimmer to this one.

Features:
These smell like a mixture of honey and vanilla to me, or play-doh to my fiance, either way I love the scent, it doesn't smell drying. The lipstick is so creamy and smooth but doesn't smudge outside your lip line, and is quite long-lasting for not being matte. Also very moisturizing, no feathering or settling into little lines in your lips. The finish to this is a creamy, barely shiny healthy look. The non-shimmer colors seem to be true to what is in the packaging. Yeah, I've been collecting these like crazy and would recommend bogos! Also check out Maybelline's site for suggestions on colors for your skintone, so far it has been very useful for me.