Maybelline Color Sensational- Make Me Pink

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Maybelline Color Sensational- Make Me Pink

4.4

"Make Me Pink" is a bit misleading of a name in my opinion. If I could give it a better name, I'd choose Make Me Mauve.
This purplish, mauve-y color doesn't have much pink at all. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty color but I don't understand why it's called Make Me Pink. So the color was definitely disappointing seeing how they advertized it as a pink.

Even though the color didn't live up to its name, it's still a stellar formula - very creamy and smooth, which helps it looks very natural on the lip, like a My Lips But Better.
Since I didn't want to use this lippy due to the unexpected shade, I decided to wear it as blush because it looks less purple when its blended into my skin, so I was able to get some use out of it! I wear it every day on my face under my highlighter! It lasts longer than a powder blush thanks to its creaminess

Bottom line: if the only pinks you like are true pinks, steer clear. If you like mauves, give it a try!

on 3/5/2015 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This lipstick is a really pretty light cool toned pink tinged with lilac. The formula isn't drying and it seem to wear for a decent amount of time. Since changing my hair from red back to its natural light ash brown, I've been looking for cooler toned makeup. This definitely fits the bill. I really think this would work for anyone with fair to medium cool skin and ash or neutral hair. If you have obviously warm hair and skin, this shade would be a dud.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW13. True Summer.

This is a fantastic pink lipstick, leaning rose on my pigmented lips.

This color is cool toned. I can wear this during the day, as a polished look. It looks natural-ish, this is no MAC Saint Germaine, but is not a nude, like I see many people saying. It also is not a mauve, it is definitely pink, not purple.

It is a medium-depth pink-rose.

Wears very well, does not show dry patches. Lasts and fades well.

on 11/24/2013 11:57:00 AM

This is one of my top favorite drugstore pink lipsticks ever! The formula is awesome; super creamy and moisturizing -- it is definitely my go to drug store brand. I'm in love with pink lip colors that have blue undertones, and this is a beautiful example of that. I wouldn't call it a Barbie pink because I think it's more wearable than that. I would totally buy this again...

on 1/14/2013 7:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This is my favorite lipstick. I wear it constantly and am always replacing it. The color is a soft pink that looks good on just about everyone. It's very natural and soft looking. I highly recommend it. :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

OMG OMG OMG! I love this shade so much. It's the perfect, cool toned pink that I've been looking for. I finally found my HG pink lipstick. Color payoff is good and I love that it doesn't have any shimmer. I always wear mine with clear gloss on top and my lips look lovely and kissable. Staying power is good. I've really got nothing to complain about.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Yay!! I finally found my go-to lipstick! I've been looking for one that is close to my lip color but isn't too bright (for school), so I found this and am totally happy with the results!! I also love the smell, the feel, and how it doesn't make my lips look extremely dehydrated.

Edit: It does dry out your lips a bit, especially after you drink water and it dries down. Same thing with all color sensationals.

I really thought this is lighter...maybe because i've seen it on darker skin tones. i'm very pale with yellow/green undertones.
i actually like it anyway although on me it isn't bubble-gum, it's like a medium lavender-pink, cool, but not scary cool.
it's creamy and doesn't dry out my lips.
last 3 pics are mine.those with my face n lips and the lippie

on 4/3/2011 7:09:00 PM

This is a mauvey-pink that pops, but in a classy way, it is not too fuschia, nor is it too lilac, not too pale nor too dark. It gives me an edgy youthful feel - with my 50-something fair skin and silvering hair. I normally go for high end lipsticks - I actuallty 'never' buy Maybelline and this little lippie has me pretty impressed. It is a tad drying but that can be remedied by topping it with my Cle de Peau or Juicy Tubes gloss.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a nice everyday mauvey pink cream lipstick. It's very flattering on my pale skin, but I think it would work equally well on just about any skintone.