Maybelline Color Sensational- Make Me Pink

Maybelline Color Sensational- Make Me Pink

4.3

"Make Me Pink" is a bit misleading of a name in my opinion. If I could give it a better name, I'd choose Make Me Mauve.
This purplish, mauve-y color doesn't have much pink at all. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty color but I don't understand why it's called Make Me Pink. So the color was definitely disappointing seeing how they advertized it as a pink.

Even though the color didn't live up to its name, it's still a stellar formula - very creamy and smooth, which helps it looks very natural on the lip, like a My Lips But Better.
Since I didn't want to use this lippy due to the unexpected shade, I decided to wear it as blush because it looks less purple when its blended into my skin, so I was able to get some use out of it! I wear it every day on my face under my highlighter! It lasts longer than a powder blush thanks to its creaminess

Bottom line: if the only pinks you like are true pinks, steer clear. If you like mauves, give it a try!

on 8/16/2015 6:20:00 PM

I'm actually warm-toned but this color worked for me! It is a pretty natural pink that is not too bright and not too neutral. For me, it was just right and was my everyday go-to color for months! The only downside is that it is slightly drying so make sure your lips are well moisturized. I've tried other lipsticks that were much more drying so it wasn't a huge caveat for me. Price point is not bad. Your local drugstore always has deals so just keep an eye out and pick one up!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a muted light purple that is quite wearable. (I am NC 20.) I still cannot get over the obnoxious smell of Maybelline lipsticks, but they are of the highest quality, really. SUPER pigmented, quite moisturizing, long-lasting, and even the shape is perfect for precise application. However!!! Estee Lauder Electric Mauve is even better than this; it is moisturizing with pretty good color payoff that does NOT make you look sick or washed out.

on 3/5/2015 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This lipstick is a really pretty light cool toned pink tinged with lilac. The formula isn't drying and it seem to wear for a decent amount of time. Since changing my hair from red back to its natural light ash brown, I've been looking for cooler toned makeup. This definitely fits the bill. I really think this would work for anyone with fair to medium cool skin and ash or neutral hair. If you have obviously warm hair and skin, this shade would be a dud.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW13. True Summer.

This is a fantastic pink lipstick, leaning rose on my pigmented lips.

This color is cool toned. I can wear this during the day, as a polished look. It looks natural-ish, this is no MAC Saint Germaine, but is not a nude, like I see many people saying. It also is not a mauve, it is definitely pink, not purple.

It is a medium-depth pink-rose.

Wears very well, does not show dry patches. Lasts and fades well.

on 6/24/2014 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this color. Im about an mac nc45/revlon rich ginger. This color is such a pretty mauve almost cool toned pink. I was surprised that this color didnt show up as too ashy, too light or too cool lilac/purple. Its a nice light to medium pink. Its practically full coverage and the finish is between a satin and gloss. So far I have been thoroughly happy with the maybelline color sensational pink lipsticks. All thus far have good color payoff and work with my skintone. Most are neutral slightly leaning either cool or warm toned. This makes them easier to work for most people.

If I could get a maybelline nude lipstick to work like the pinks, then I would be in heaven. I swear, that I feared this pink would be like rimmel airy fairy and not look good on me. Im just so happy. I do prefer warmer pinks but this colors looks pretty darn good. Looking at swatches online didnt help me. On a lot of people my skin tone and darker, this pink looked too cool and the reviews werent as nice.

on 4/14/2014 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just discovered this shade and I have no idea how I missed it for so long. I like Maybelline's lipsticks a lot and I have quite a few. This one is a nude pink on me; I'm NW20. It reminds me somewhat of Cream Cup from MAC but not exactly. It just looks about the same on me. It seems to be a more neutral pink but light. Nudey-pink with slight cool undertones? I am not sure, but it flatters me a lot.

Very beautiful every day color and the formula on these is amazing. You really can't go wrong with any of these. Very smooth, moisturizing, and wears well. No patches or streaking. This is one of those must-have colors.

on 12/5/2013 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My go to lipstick. The formula is amazing! pigmented and moisturising. The color is absolutely beautiful!! It lasts for about 2 hours which is fine for a drug store product. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who's looking for a nude-pinkish. It's amazing, I couldn't love a lipstick more than this one!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This lipstick moisturizes my lips and at the same time has a nice not to out there or to washed away pink it is the perfect shade of pink I would definitely tell you to but this....and for the price its so good...I actually like this better than MAC- Steady Going, but I still like that I just like this one better

on 11/24/2013 11:57:00 AM

This is one of my top favorite drugstore pink lipsticks ever! The formula is awesome; super creamy and moisturizing -- it is definitely my go to drug store brand. I'm in love with pink lip colors that have blue undertones, and this is a beautiful example of that. I wouldn't call it a Barbie pink because I think it's more wearable than that. I would totally buy this again...