Maybelline Color Sensational- Make Me Pink

Filtered by age: 25-29
Maybelline Color Sensational- Make Me Pink

4.1

"Make Me Pink" is a bit misleading of a name in my opinion. If I could give it a better name, I'd choose Make Me Mauve.
This purplish, mauve-y color doesn't have much pink at all. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty color but I don't understand why it's called Make Me Pink. So the color was definitely disappointing seeing how they advertized it as a pink.

Even though the color didn't live up to its name, it's still a stellar formula - very creamy and smooth, which helps it looks very natural on the lip, like a My Lips But Better.
Since I didn't want to use this lippy due to the unexpected shade, I decided to wear it as blush because it looks less purple when its blended into my skin, so I was able to get some use out of it! I wear it every day on my face under my highlighter! It lasts longer than a powder blush thanks to its creaminess

Bottom line: if the only pinks you like are true pinks, steer clear. If you like mauves, give it a try!

on 8/16/2015 6:20:00 PM

I'm actually warm-toned but this color worked for me! It is a pretty natural pink that is not too bright and not too neutral. For me, it was just right and was my everyday go-to color for months! The only downside is that it is slightly drying so make sure your lips are well moisturized. I've tried other lipsticks that were much more drying so it wasn't a huge caveat for me. Price point is not bad. Your local drugstore always has deals so just keep an eye out and pick one up!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW13. True Summer.

This is a fantastic pink lipstick, leaning rose on my pigmented lips.

This color is cool toned. I can wear this during the day, as a polished look. It looks natural-ish, this is no MAC Saint Germaine, but is not a nude, like I see many people saying. It also is not a mauve, it is definitely pink, not purple.

It is a medium-depth pink-rose.

Wears very well, does not show dry patches. Lasts and fades well.

on 6/24/2014 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this color. Im about an mac nc45/revlon rich ginger. This color is such a pretty mauve almost cool toned pink. I was surprised that this color didnt show up as too ashy, too light or too cool lilac/purple. Its a nice light to medium pink. Its practically full coverage and the finish is between a satin and gloss. So far I have been thoroughly happy with the maybelline color sensational pink lipsticks. All thus far have good color payoff and work with my skintone. Most are neutral slightly leaning either cool or warm toned. This makes them easier to work for most people.

If I could get a maybelline nude lipstick to work like the pinks, then I would be in heaven. I swear, that I feared this pink would be like rimmel airy fairy and not look good on me. Im just so happy. I do prefer warmer pinks but this colors looks pretty darn good. Looking at swatches online didnt help me. On a lot of people my skin tone and darker, this pink looked too cool and the reviews werent as nice.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

OMG OMG OMG! I love this shade so much. It's the perfect, cool toned pink that I've been looking for. I finally found my HG pink lipstick. Color payoff is good and I love that it doesn't have any shimmer. I always wear mine with clear gloss on top and my lips look lovely and kissable. Staying power is good. I've really got nothing to complain about.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I love this color because it suits my dark complexion unlike many other pink lippies. I dont really care for the playdough like smell, but overall the product is great and I recommend to women of any color!!!

on 6/21/2011 6:47:00 AM

This shade is really pretty in the tube, and it's nice on my lips too but definitely not natural looking.... which is okay with me. The thing I really don't like is that it smells like play-doh. It really stinks and compels me to wear strawberry lip smackers over top of it. I tend to wear lighter pinks and this is sort of a medium pink with a lavender tint. I like wearing it alone or mixed with other lipsticks. A good addition to my pink lipstick arsenal.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

First off I love these lipsticks I really do but this color is not for me and my skin tone,it is a lavendar-tinted pink.I liked the way the color looked in the tube but when I got home and put it on and saw the lavendar come out im like no way.Lavendar lips come on that's not cute. Maybe for night time tho I also grabbed pink peony and that looks decent on me but I wont even wear this. The lavendar looks like im about to die and im not getting any oxygen or something not a healthy look more like what a dead persons lips would look like..on me anyway I see everyones else seems to be enjoying this shade. I will continue to buy color sensational and I recommend these lipsticks because they dont dry my lips out and I feel they last very well so I will continue to play around with shades from this line

on 1/30/2011 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this color! It is very subtle on the lips, it's not a bright pink it's more of a mauve pink, but a very wearable every day color. These lipsticks do not dry my lips out and they go on very smooth. One of my most worn colors.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is a cream pink w/ lilac undertones. I find it a little darker than MAC's Bubblegum & not shimmery. It does have a lot of pigment so if I apply too much, it looks real mod/back to the 80's on me. I like this one if I use a light hand & a light gloss over it. Nice for the price.

(For reference, I'm an NC25/C3 w/ yellow undertones)