Ion Conditioning Ionic-Ceramic Curling Iron 1"

Ion Conditioning Ionic-Ceramic Curling Iron 1

on 5/19/2010 5:06:00 PM

I was on the quest to find the perfect curling iron and purchased the Ion Curling Iron at Sally's or $39.99, however, out of all the curling irons I have purchased (and returned) the Ion created the worst curls .... this "curling iron" actually straightened my naturally wavy hair instead of curling it and left dents (I do admit that this left my hair incredibly soft, however, regardless of how I would curl my hair, when I would unwrap the iron, I noted that it worked in straightening my normally wavy hair, and the "curls" just looked like pieces of hair that were straight and some pieces had dents)..... I was surprised as the sales associate highly recommended the Ion, but instead I was left greatly disappointed and I quickly returned it for a refund. Luckily, I found the perfect curling iron for me in another brand. (please note that the Ion Curling Iron I purchased was the 1 1/4" size.)

on 7/29/2009 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I got this curing iron a long time ago in 1.5" but it was just too big even for my long hair so I exchanged it for a 1" which is much better. I got this iron because it is ceramic, claims to be conditioning and healthier for hair, gets very hot quickly, has a built-in stand and many settings, and a swivel cord; plus, it looks nice and sleek.

I have long, thick hair that is naturally straight and it's hard to create different styles without it falling flat very quickly. I have a set of hot rollers which work well but, as we all know, rollers take forever to put in, feel uncomfortable, and I need at least a couple of hours for them to cool and set to make sure that my hair won't fall flat in an hour.

I have been using this iron with a heat protectant spray and hair spray to create soft curls, and it works sooo wonderfully. I use it on the highest setting only because I don't have an hour+ to devote each day to styling my hair. I don't actually use the clamp because I usually find that the clamp creates an obnoxious kink in some pieces of hair. I basically just wrap strands of hair around it to curl. This works really well. My hair comes out looking really nice and the soft curls look really shiny and natural. I like that the barrel is long and the cord swivels, though the cord is a little bit too long imo, but that can be good for some.
I can curl my hair with this iron one day, sleep on it, and wake up the next day with my hair still curly. In fact, most days I find that if I sleep on it my hair tends to look even better the following day, and I have only been able to achieve that with this curling iron.
Love it and would definitely repurchase if something happened to this one.

on 7/12/2009 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This curling iron is a steal for only 30 bucks at Sally's Beauty Supply. It heats up very quickly and creates soft, shiny curls. I love how it has a longer barrel. The tip does get a little hot, so I have to make sure to be careful. With this iron, I can curl my hair when I please and it stays that way too.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this hair curler! it heats up fast, it doesnt fry your hair. it doesnt make your hair smell bad. it has great multiple heat settings. the packaging allows you to have a rotating cord so the wires dont get twisted. it comes with its own personal stand so it doesnt touch the counter while youre styling your hair. the 1" is an extended barrel so it's good for people with longer hair. or if you have short hair, you can create looser curls for a casual day because theres more space to make looser curls. it curls your hair quickly so you dont have to count to a minute as you do with cheaper curlers to get a nice, defined curl.

i really dont have any cons with this.

Popular Hair Styling Tools