Sally Hershberger Wave Spray

Sally Hershberger Wave Spray

3.5

Water (Aqua) Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Limnanthese Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Sea Salt (Maris Sal), Ethylhexylmethoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sorbitan Oleate, C13-15 Alkyl Benzoate, VP/VA Copolymer, VP/Dimethylaminoethylmethacrylate Copolymer, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, BHT, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. Loading...

on 11/12/2011 12:45:00 PM

This spray did nothing for my naturally wavy hair. It didn't enhance the waves and after a few hours it actually started to weigh my hair down. Save your money and pass on this product.

I have really thick hair, and a few squirts of this are at the bottom are super for defining damp unstyled hair into waves / curls with no hassle.

Use sparingly!!! Too much will look like you were going for that grease monkey look.

You will have to wash it out at night however, it ends up getting fairly heavy over the course of the day. I use it as a last resort on the day before I do a big wash.

Had good results with the Sally Hershberger wave primer, but this product left my hair a greasy mess. I thought I'd give it another go recently, since my hair is currently overprocessed to the point of near chrunchyness. I used it only on the ends of my hair, but halfway through my day I felt like I had jerri curl... it was like the top of my hair, where I didn't use the product was frizzy, and the ends of my hair were getting heavier and weighing it down so the resulting look was frizzy but flat. I kept trying to scrunch the waves back into my hair and every time I touched it, it left my hands feeling greasy. Blech-

Update: lowered my rating of this. I don't think this should be used on fair hair. Coarse hair might "drink this up" and be SOFTENED into waves, but waves in fine hair will be diminished. This stuff is nasty.

on 6/2/2010 11:43:00 AM

I have fine, naturally wavy, dry and FRIZZY hair. I don't feel like this product weighs my hair down at all. I use this in the summer when I let my hair air dry and it tames down the frizzies. The smell is a wonderfully clean scent that lasts throughout the day. I follow up with the finishing creme for wavy hair. Good product that I tend to reach for more often than others.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I don't know about this product. It smells wonderful and defines wavy hair for a little while, yet a couple of hours later it actually weighs down those waves/curls. By nighttime my hair is quite greasy and I definitely need to wash it (and I only sprayed it 2-3 times from the midshaft down). So if you use this product, you need to wash your hair every day. Maybe I'll try it again in the summer at the beach, it might moisturize my hair while in the water or something.

on 1/12/2010 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I was hoping this would be a replacement for my beloved, long-gone Ocean Waves, but it doesn't work for me. It feels heavier. Smells nice but doesn't do much.

on 12/5/2009 10:55:00 PM

This stuff has done wonders on my hair! My hair is naturally wavy, but without product looks frizzy, and dull. IM SOO HAPPY I tried this because it makes my hair wavy and shiny without that crunchy texture it gets if I use mousse or gel or whatever. It smells sooo good too. What I do with it is just spray it into damp hair (not soaking wet) and then scrunch

on 8/14/2009 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So far so good. I have naturally wavy hair that I like to air dry lately to improve its condition, so I was looking for a product to enhance the waves so my hair could actually look nice without heat styling. I only used it once on dry hair so far, but I am planning on using it on damp hair (as per the instructions) tomorrow. It takes a lot for my hair to look decent without heat, because it is pouffy and frizzy. So I just sprayed around 5-6 times throughout my dry hair and ran my fingers through, and I was pleased with the result. The waves were defined, but not at all crunchy or stiff. The lotion is a bit oily so I will definitely have to use less than I did this time, and it smells really nice, like suntan lotion (and the scent lasts for a very long time). It did make my hair shiny, and it gave it that "beachy" look. This product does exactly what it's supposed to do (not too many products do that IMO), and considering it is not expensive, I will rebuy.

on 4/6/2009 2:01:00 PM

This review is for the Wave Spray. I'm really happy with this product so far. It's taken me a few times to figure out how to use it. I have fine, wispy, wavy hair, and most "curl enhancing" products are way too heavy. This products is perfect for me when I apply sparingly. What I've been doing is squirting about three pumps into my hand, and applying the product from the nape of my neck to the ends. This is following the primer for wavy hair. Then I either let my hair air dry or blowdry with a diffuser. I might follow with a few more direct sprays to create a little more texture. The result is piecy, messy, defined waves. Thumb up!

Oh, and one more note: I love the smell! Very beachy and tropical, but not in a cloying way. Good product!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This review is for the Sally Hershberger wave spray http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100316&navAction=jump&navCount=0&id=prod4214570

I thought I'd never find another product like John Frieda beach blonde wave spray since it was discontinued. I was so wrong. This stuff blows the JF stuff out of the water and it smells really good. It didn't make me frizzy or greasy and it added a little shine and lots of wave. This product works so well on my hair. If you liked the discontinued beach blonde give this a try it's way better.

Popular Styling Products