Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15
bareMinerals in Medium DarkMatte Foundation spf 15Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 12/9/2017 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to like this foundation, but unfortunately it made me break out pretty bad. I've been using a foundation for years from a small online company (Faerie Organic) because my skin is very acne-prone and it was the only foundation that didn't cause breakouts, but their matte foundation is not very matte. I got sick of the shiny look by the end of the day and most of it would be rubbed off after a full day. They also don't have the best shade selection so I decided to try this. I found the perfect shade for me in Golden Nude. It gave my skin a beautiful matte look that lasted for hours, but after about a week I noticed breakouts all over my face, including around my jawline and neck where I applied the invisible pressed bronzer from this brand. The bronzer also has the exact same ingredients and anytime I used that, I also broke out. I was surprised this caused breakouts because the ingredients seemed simple enough, but I did some research and the ingredient Lauroyl Lysine is known to cause breakouts in acne prone skin. It is a coconut derived emollient so if coconut oil breaks you out, this most likely will. I gave this a 3 since I did love the way it looked on my skin, but it ultimately makes my skin look worse so I can't rate it better than that. Remove that one ingredient and this would be a great product. Even though I can't use this, I decided to keep it because I loooove the packaging! I emptied the product and refilled it with my new discovered foundation that has not caused any breakouts, Alima Pure. Their selection of color choices is amazing and the matte foundation is truly matte and holds up well at the end of the day.

I wish I could write a good review about this powder. I have combination skin that gets really oily in the tzone, the pros are that it has good coverage, the shade matches my NC25 skin perfectly without oxidizing, kept my skin pretty matte through the workday. BUT this made me breakout like no body’s business!!! I had one to two giant acne every single day. Initially I couldn’t figure out what was going on but now I know it was this powder. I really wanted to like this but now I’ll be spending the next few weeks getting rid of this acne and then hoping the scars fade.

on 10/6/2017 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Summary: There is a reason why bare minerals is not mention for its complexion products, I wanted to love it but it is absolutely TRASH. Honestly, loreal true match is much better than this and half the cost

Pro:
- Decent Colour range
- Fine powder

Cons:
- Patchy application, once it sits it's quite hard to move
- doesnt work well on top of liquid foundation
- doesnt work well on oily skin
- lasts about 3 hours
- Highly transferable

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Wanted to love this so badly. Having extremely sensitive skin, everything about this foundation seemed like a godsend. I went with the "Matte" formula specifically, as I had heard that the original formula broke a lot of people out. However, this broke me out anyway. I'm devastated, to say the least. Packaging, price, minimalistic nature... all incredible. Wish it didn't break me out.

Oh lord, where to start. I have used this off and on for years, and it used to be my go-to, HG, Ride or Die foundation. However, I'm not sure if they changed the formula or what, but the last time I bought it, it was NEVER good. It would go on fine in the morning, but by mid-afternoon, my makeup would be half off my face, and the makeup that was still somehow on my face, would form tiny little powder balls on my skin, it would make me look about 80 years old under my eyes because of all the creasing, and it would oxidize. By the time I would go home from work, my makeup was so embarrasingly bad, that I would try to fix it in the bathroom at work, because I couldn't stand for people to see me with it. I tried everything. I've used silicone primers under it, I've used non-silicone primers under it, I've used the actual Bare Minerals primer, I've used the bare minerals brush, I've used non-Bare Minerals brushes, as well as different setting sprays. NOTHING worked. This is now sitting half empty in my bag as an emergency, I've run out of everything else, so this is what I'm wearing, foundation. Horrible.

Natural looking finish for skin with slight imperfections. HG, love it!!!

on 1/2/2017 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this product. I have extremely sensitive, acne prone, combination mainly oily skin. So I like this because it's very natural, helps to give my skin an all-around one tone. Although it is light coverage and this product is tricky, you don't want to use too much otherwise it looks cakey about 3 hours later. (In case this does happen I like to walk around with oil papers because it helps to remove the excess makeup) So I use it and then apply a concealer on the top to cover acne spots. I don't like to apply the concealer underneath because sometimes the dust from the foundation can get caught on the concealer and it looks like a discoloured spot under the makeup. Anyways, once you apply this foundation the skin looks just so so pretty. I have the "golden tan" colour and it really does give me a beautiful golden glow. Price wise it is definitely a tad pricey but it doesn't bother me, I'd rather spend the money on something that is great in quality and doesn't cause my skin to cry in an acne breakout. Packing is a 3 just because it's the typical packaging for mineral makeup, so it's fine. But the product is great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

if you want a heavy coverage, this is not your product. if you want natural skin-like finish, and have some pretty bad blemishes, best to layer this over some concealer to achieve no-makeup makeup skin.

the Light shade looks good on NC25-NC30 skin... and the undertone is great. not too yellow.

Powder foundation can be annoying but it really is a good alternative for people who hate putting on a liquid foundation.

on 10/31/2016 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the idea of this BareMinerals, but....Am I doing something wrong or should I just return this stuff? Dropped $60 for this foundation and "Blemish Remedy Mattifying Prep Gel". I've watched several tutorials. Looks simple enough. I applied my standard Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer, then above-mentioned primer, then the foundation, trying to achieve light, minimal coverage. Used good brushes. Two hours later, my face is a tight-feeling, flat, cakey mess with break-through oil in t-zone. My pores look giant. Nothing luminous here. I didn't buy the Mineral Veil, but at this point I don' t see how adding another layer of product could be helpful.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This powder is absolutely flawless and keeps my skin matte all day!... I have the lightest shade, Fair, and am NC 15, it goes perfectly. I apply it using the precision face brush from Bare Minerals as it is very densely packed, but very very soft as well so it applies it beautifully. The only downside is it can be a little difficult to get out of the container... I put the lid on, tip upside down and shake.. That's my preferred way to do it, so I can dip in my brush and just tap off any excess powder.