bareMinerals Matte Foundation spf 15

bareMinerals Matte Foundation spf 15
bareMinerals in Medium DarkMatte Foundation spf 15Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 5/2/2018 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This looks and feels chalky on my oily skin. I used this with primer and moisturizer and felt that it didn’t look natural no matter what. I think the original looks much better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

To the bone I am a liquid-foundation girl, however, because of my (then) new job I really enjoyed the idea of a buff and go routine that looked natural. This stuff does look natural, but for me, a tad bit dry-looking and because of this, I wouldn't repurchase. It has a decent amount of coverage and an okay staying power, but for me doesn't cut the mustard. I would however recommend trying it if you are a fan of loose powder or lighter foundations!

on 1/19/2018 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Thought I had already reviewed this but I hadn't. I've been wearing it now for about 3 years after being diagnosed with rosacea and my doc recommending mineral make-up. It contains no talc, which is bad for us rosaceans. I really like it. You pay alot initially when you buy it (along with blush and concealer) but it is SO worth the money. The reason I went with the matte formula is that it doesn't contain bismuth oxychloride, which is also supposed to be an irritant for us rosaceans. I was color-matched to Fair, which completely blew my mind because my daughter, who is fairer than I, wore that color. But low and behold, it was a perfect match. I am a natural redhead but had been coloring my hair red for years and after surgery last year, when I couldn't color it for a couple of months, I saw that when I DID color it, my gray hair was so resistant that I decided to get it heavily highlighted and let it grow natural. Good decision! I love the color I am and it has opened me up to a color range that I couldn't have worn before. I was given a jar of the Fairly Medium and I wear that in the spring and summer. I've just bought myself a deluxe size of the original foundation in Fair and I am hoping that it goes well. I got it on a super deal from a Bare and Beauty Boutique (outlet store) and it was purchased after Christmas 2017. I also noticed that they had started marketing the matte formula for people with oily skin and that, I do not have. So, we shall see!

on 12/9/2017 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to like this foundation, but unfortunately it made me break out pretty bad. I've been using a foundation for years from a small online company (Faerie Organic) because my skin is very acne-prone and it was the only foundation that didn't cause breakouts, but their matte foundation is not very matte. I got sick of the shiny look by the end of the day and most of it would be rubbed off after a full day. They also don't have the best shade selection so I decided to try this. I found the perfect shade for me in Golden Nude. It gave my skin a beautiful matte look that lasted for hours, but after about a week I noticed breakouts all over my face, including around my jawline and neck where I applied the invisible pressed bronzer from this brand. The bronzer also has the exact same ingredients and anytime I used that, I also broke out. I was surprised this caused breakouts because the ingredients seemed simple enough, but I did some research and the ingredient Lauroyl Lysine is known to cause breakouts in acne prone skin. It is a coconut derived emollient so if coconut oil breaks you out, this most likely will. I gave this a 3 since I did love the way it looked on my skin, but it ultimately makes my skin look worse so I can't rate it better than that. Remove that one ingredient and this would be a great product. Even though I can't use this, I decided to keep it because I loooove the packaging! I emptied the product and refilled it with my new discovered foundation that has not caused any breakouts, Alima Pure. Their selection of color choices is amazing and the matte foundation is truly matte and holds up well at the end of the day.

I wish I could write a good review about this powder. I have combination skin that gets really oily in the tzone, the pros are that it has good coverage, the shade matches my NC25 skin perfectly without oxidizing, kept my skin pretty matte through the workday. BUT this made me breakout like no body’s business!!! I had one to two giant acne every single day. Initially I couldn’t figure out what was going on but now I know it was this powder. I really wanted to like this but now I’ll be spending the next few weeks getting rid of this acne and then hoping the scars fade.

on 10/6/2017 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Summary: There is a reason why bare minerals is not mention for its complexion products, I wanted to love it but it is absolutely TRASH. Honestly, loreal true match is much better than this and half the cost

Pro:
- Decent Colour range
- Fine powder

Cons:
- Patchy application, once it sits it's quite hard to move
- doesnt work well on top of liquid foundation
- doesnt work well on oily skin
- lasts about 3 hours
- Highly transferable

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Wanted to love this so badly. Having extremely sensitive skin, everything about this foundation seemed like a godsend. I went with the "Matte" formula specifically, as I had heard that the original formula broke a lot of people out. However, this broke me out anyway. I'm devastated, to say the least. Packaging, price, minimalistic nature... all incredible. Wish it didn't break me out.

Oh lord, where to start. I have used this off and on for years, and it used to be my go-to, HG, Ride or Die foundation. However, I'm not sure if they changed the formula or what, but the last time I bought it, it was NEVER good. It would go on fine in the morning, but by mid-afternoon, my makeup would be half off my face, and the makeup that was still somehow on my face, would form tiny little powder balls on my skin, it would make me look about 80 years old under my eyes because of all the creasing, and it would oxidize. By the time I would go home from work, my makeup was so embarrasingly bad, that I would try to fix it in the bathroom at work, because I couldn't stand for people to see me with it. I tried everything. I've used silicone primers under it, I've used non-silicone primers under it, I've used the actual Bare Minerals primer, I've used the bare minerals brush, I've used non-Bare Minerals brushes, as well as different setting sprays. NOTHING worked. This is now sitting half empty in my bag as an emergency, I've run out of everything else, so this is what I'm wearing, foundation. Horrible.

on 1/2/2017 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this product. I have extremely sensitive, acne prone, combination mainly oily skin. So I like this because it's very natural, helps to give my skin an all-around one tone. Although it is light coverage and this product is tricky, you don't want to use too much otherwise it looks cakey about 3 hours later. (In case this does happen I like to walk around with oil papers because it helps to remove the excess makeup) So I use it and then apply a concealer on the top to cover acne spots. I don't like to apply the concealer underneath because sometimes the dust from the foundation can get caught on the concealer and it looks like a discoloured spot under the makeup. Anyways, once you apply this foundation the skin looks just so so pretty. I have the "golden tan" colour and it really does give me a beautiful golden glow. Price wise it is definitely a tad pricey but it doesn't bother me, I'd rather spend the money on something that is great in quality and doesn't cause my skin to cry in an acne breakout. Packing is a 3 just because it's the typical packaging for mineral makeup, so it's fine. But the product is great.

Natural looking finish for skin with slight imperfections. HG, love it!!!