Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15
bareMinerals in Medium DarkMatte Foundation spf 15Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This powder is absolutely flawless and keeps my skin matte all day!... I have the lightest shade, Fair, and am NC 15, it goes perfectly. I apply it using the precision face brush from Bare Minerals as it is very densely packed, but very very soft as well so it applies it beautifully. The only downside is it can be a little difficult to get out of the container... I put the lid on, tip upside down and shake.. That's my preferred way to do it, so I can dip in my brush and just tap off any excess powder.

I hated this stuff at first, but once I figured out how to use it I love it now. A powder foundation is just very different than foundations we're used to. Ask the people at sephora to show you how to apply it, it's really worth it. It's all natural and healthy and works great, it just has a learning curve.

To Read all 755 Reviews, Login or Join

I usually could never get away with just wearing a powder. I bought this when it first came out when I seen it on an infomercial. Back then I was about 24 years old and I had very bad acne. I was using all kinds of liquid foundations and my skin was just a mess! I had very oily skin and everything I tried to cover it and hid the acne and then dry patches, ugh it was on, face warfare and it was major hormonal. Having 2 kids under the age of 5. But, I tried this and it worked. I still have to have a jar of this even now. My skin obviously never looked so good. Now being 45 on my lazy days, or some hot, hazy and humid days, I will just use this instead of my normal foundation I wear. I like to change it up a bit. This powder foundation covers like a medium liquid foundation. It doesn't crease into your fine lines, it's not heavy feeling on your skin. It does what it says. It was a godsend for me. I felt like I wasn't clogging my pores. And as you get older, your needs of your skin change. And like I always post, you have to be aware of the active and inactive ingredients are. And even oily skin needs to be moisturized and properly cleansed. But not overly cleansed because that can also activate oily skin and cause more problems with acne. Again, use the 2x cleanse to make sure that your makeup is removed, and another for unclogging pores. Proactive also helped me balance out my skin. But that's another review. Now I have a totally different skin regimen and it works for me. I hope this review helps. Good Luck. 😃

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Unhappy with this one!

On the Sephora website the reviews are almost all 5 stars. But this left my skin very oily mid-day so i don't really understand where they get that this is matte.
I do think the coverage is very natural though but with my skin type, didn't work out

Originally the bismuth made me break out bad. I have to say I quite love this fdtn. The packaging is much better than the original and not messy to me at all! My face looks perfected with this, it looks like my pores disappear and my skin looks very smooth and even. I just hope I don't start getting odd breakouts in the next few weeks. I went ahead and bought 2 colors, the fair and fairly light. I will use the fairly light for summer and the fair for winter. This does not seem to have as much coverage as the original, but a light second layer gets the job done

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Years ago, when the mineral hype was at peak frenzy, I used the original bare escentuals. It was not a good experience, it made me look plastic and ill, and I returned it after co workers asked me what had happened. So...I wasn't looking to return to this brand any time soon.

However, last year a friend was clearing out her makeup drawer, and gave me the matte bare escentuals in fairly medium. I used it off and on, sometimes for weddings during the muggy summer. I was going through pictures the other day, and kept stopping to look at how flawless I looked in some pictures. Really. I was taken aback. I realized I was wearing this foundation in all of them.

So I dug it out today, did the swirl-tap-buff, and finished by bouncing my beauty blender around a bit. I had my sister in law ask what I was doing to make my skin so perfect. She said she didn't even think I was wearing foundation.

I know this stuff is expensive (and lucky mine was free), but I use a ludicrously small amount every time, and it will last me a good while. When I'm pale, I mix it with a few swirls from sephora's microsmooth mineral compact in fair. I like the medium finish, it looks really natural, and blends out imperfections without making any particular area look overdone or caked on the way layered foundations and concealers do on blemishes. I don't like it under my eyes, I think it makes them look dry, but otherwise I fluff this all over my face. I'm not a fan of it as a finishing powder over liquid foundations, it cakes in any moisture and looks fake, and I don't really like any concealers on top of it, they mix weird and become too dry to blend out seamlessly. Over all, I feel that it gives me enough blemish and hyper pigmentation coverage, and as I'm lazy at heart with my makeup, I'm content with the one-product workhorse ability of this. It takes a bit to remove it, my cleanser has to be left to sit for a minute to break this down, and my glycolic toner cleans up the residue.

I've tried a lot of mineral foundations, and not many have made me happy. This one is an unexpected gem from a brand that I wasn't overly fond of. Will buy another when this one runs out.

on 2/25/2016 7:57:00 PM

I have been a bare minerals user for a few years now. I bought into the hype after being recommended by a friend, and stuck with it because I was too lazy to try other things. However, I have done more research about powder foundations lately and have come to learn there are better products out there at a similar price. I'm not sure what the hype is all about either, I find it makes me look washed out and there's no "glow" or radiance provided by this product. I have oily, dry, flaking, and acne prone skin. This powder foundation does not cause me break outs, which is a big pro! It isn't too bad with my oily skin, if I do not lightly blot my face every 3-4 hours and touch up with the mineral veil it will get cakey in the t-zone and around my nose. However, the majority of it stays put on my face and only looks worn off after about 12+ hours. You do need to do a number of light applications to build up coverage, but in doing so makes it more and more apparent that you have powder on your face. It also highlights my large pores no matter how I apply it. For my dry/flaky skin, I find this foundation can actually cause it to flake and it highlights any dry patches, even dryness that was not even there prior to applying it. I like the colour as it is a good match for my fair/light skin and it does give me decent coverage while still looking natural. It's great for wearing makeup if you want that non-makeup natural look, however if you have dry/flaky skin or very oily skin this may not be for you. Oh, and large pores. Stay away if you hate your pores. I'm going to try Tarte or possibly Mineral Fusion or Zuzu Luxe foundation when my current bare minerals runs out.

on 2/22/2016 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I bought this because my dermatologist recommends mineral foundation for my acne prone, combo skin. It doesn't cover as well as Estee Lauder Double Wear and I do have to retouch. However, now that I have gotten the hang of the whole moisturizing well and buffing it on thing, I'm liking it. I use the mineral veil over it which seems to lighten it up a tad and I like that. I have also been using my double wear as concealer on problem areas and that is working well. I find it expensive but certainly not as expensive as the one my dermatologist tried to sell me...

on 2/7/2016 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have tried and tried to use this foundation. The coverage is great. Unfortunately, it stays powdery on my face and settles in dry patches and pores.

I don't know if they changed their formula or what but I really do not like this product and it makes me very sad. I used to swear by bare minerals it was always my go-to a few years back, but I parted ways with it for a while to explore other make-up realms, and when I came back to this product over the summer, something was just not right. Before the formula used to go onto my skin and look absolutely flawless. Now... it was far from that. It went on incredibly patchy and didn't cover a majority of my skin. What I mean by that is it just did not go on parts of my skin, I have no idea why. I used to apply a moisturizer then buff the product into my skin using a more dense brush than the one provided ( i believe I used a Real Techniques), I really tried everything with this new formula to love it and figure out different ways to apply it, but really nothing worked. I am very upset and would love for their old formula to come back as it was one of my absolute favorites. :( very upset/frusterated