Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15
bareMinerals in Medium DarkMatte Foundation spf 15Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Natural looking finish for skin with slight imperfections. HG, love it!!!

on 1/2/2017 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this product. I have extremely sensitive, acne prone, combination mainly oily skin. So I like this because it's very natural, helps to give my skin an all-around one tone. Although it is light coverage and this product is tricky, you don't want to use too much otherwise it looks cakey about 3 hours later. (In case this does happen I like to walk around with oil papers because it helps to remove the excess makeup) So I use it and then apply a concealer on the top to cover acne spots. I don't like to apply the concealer underneath because sometimes the dust from the foundation can get caught on the concealer and it looks like a discoloured spot under the makeup. Anyways, once you apply this foundation the skin looks just so so pretty. I have the "golden tan" colour and it really does give me a beautiful golden glow. Price wise it is definitely a tad pricey but it doesn't bother me, I'd rather spend the money on something that is great in quality and doesn't cause my skin to cry in an acne breakout. Packing is a 3 just because it's the typical packaging for mineral makeup, so it's fine. But the product is great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

if you want a heavy coverage, this is not your product. if you want natural skin-like finish, and have some pretty bad blemishes, best to layer this over some concealer to achieve no-makeup makeup skin.

the Light shade looks good on NC25-NC30 skin... and the undertone is great. not too yellow.

Powder foundation can be annoying but it really is a good alternative for people who hate putting on a liquid foundation.

on 10/31/2016 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the idea of this BareMinerals, but....Am I doing something wrong or should I just return this stuff? Dropped $60 for this foundation and "Blemish Remedy Mattifying Prep Gel". I've watched several tutorials. Looks simple enough. I applied my standard Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer, then above-mentioned primer, then the foundation, trying to achieve light, minimal coverage. Used good brushes. Two hours later, my face is a tight-feeling, flat, cakey mess with break-through oil in t-zone. My pores look giant. Nothing luminous here. I didn't buy the Mineral Veil, but at this point I don' t see how adding another layer of product could be helpful.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This powder is absolutely flawless and keeps my skin matte all day!... I have the lightest shade, Fair, and am NC 15, it goes perfectly. I apply it using the precision face brush from Bare Minerals as it is very densely packed, but very very soft as well so it applies it beautifully. The only downside is it can be a little difficult to get out of the container... I put the lid on, tip upside down and shake.. That's my preferred way to do it, so I can dip in my brush and just tap off any excess powder.

I hated this stuff at first, but once I figured out how to use it I love it now. A powder foundation is just very different than foundations we're used to. Ask the people at sephora to show you how to apply it, it's really worth it. It's all natural and healthy and works great, it just has a learning curve.

I usually could never get away with just wearing a powder. I bought this when it first came out when I seen it on an infomercial. Back then I was about 24 years old and I had very bad acne. I was using all kinds of liquid foundations and my skin was just a mess! I had very oily skin and everything I tried to cover it and hid the acne and then dry patches, ugh it was on, face warfare and it was major hormonal. Having 2 kids under the age of 5. But, I tried this and it worked. I still have to have a jar of this even now. My skin obviously never looked so good. Now being 45 on my lazy days, or some hot, hazy and humid days, I will just use this instead of my normal foundation I wear. I like to change it up a bit. This powder foundation covers like a medium liquid foundation. It doesn't crease into your fine lines, it's not heavy feeling on your skin. It does what it says. It was a godsend for me. I felt like I wasn't clogging my pores. And as you get older, your needs of your skin change. And like I always post, you have to be aware of the active and inactive ingredients are. And even oily skin needs to be moisturized and properly cleansed. But not overly cleansed because that can also activate oily skin and cause more problems with acne. Again, use the 2x cleanse to make sure that your makeup is removed, and another for unclogging pores. Proactive also helped me balance out my skin. But that's another review. Now I have a totally different skin regimen and it works for me. I hope this review helps. Good Luck. 😃

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Unhappy with this one!

On the Sephora website the reviews are almost all 5 stars. But this left my skin very oily mid-day so i don't really understand where they get that this is matte.
I do think the coverage is very natural though but with my skin type, didn't work out

Originally the bismuth made me break out bad. I have to say I quite love this fdtn. The packaging is much better than the original and not messy to me at all! My face looks perfected with this, it looks like my pores disappear and my skin looks very smooth and even. I just hope I don't start getting odd breakouts in the next few weeks. I went ahead and bought 2 colors, the fair and fairly light. I will use the fairly light for summer and the fair for winter. This does not seem to have as much coverage as the original, but a light second layer gets the job done

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Years ago, when the mineral hype was at peak frenzy, I used the original bare escentuals. It was not a good experience, it made me look plastic and ill, and I returned it after co workers asked me what had happened. So...I wasn't looking to return to this brand any time soon.

However, last year a friend was clearing out her makeup drawer, and gave me the matte bare escentuals in fairly medium. I used it off and on, sometimes for weddings during the muggy summer. I was going through pictures the other day, and kept stopping to look at how flawless I looked in some pictures. Really. I was taken aback. I realized I was wearing this foundation in all of them.

So I dug it out today, did the swirl-tap-buff, and finished by bouncing my beauty blender around a bit. I had my sister in law ask what I was doing to make my skin so perfect. She said she didn't even think I was wearing foundation.

I know this stuff is expensive (and lucky mine was free), but I use a ludicrously small amount every time, and it will last me a good while. When I'm pale, I mix it with a few swirls from sephora's microsmooth mineral compact in fair. I like the medium finish, it looks really natural, and blends out imperfections without making any particular area look overdone or caked on the way layered foundations and concealers do on blemishes. I don't like it under my eyes, I think it makes them look dry, but otherwise I fluff this all over my face. I'm not a fan of it as a finishing powder over liquid foundations, it cakes in any moisture and looks fake, and I don't really like any concealers on top of it, they mix weird and become too dry to blend out seamlessly. Over all, I feel that it gives me enough blemish and hyper pigmentation coverage, and as I'm lazy at heart with my makeup, I'm content with the one-product workhorse ability of this. It takes a bit to remove it, my cleanser has to be left to sit for a minute to break this down, and my glycolic toner cleans up the residue.

I've tried a lot of mineral foundations, and not many have made me happy. This one is an unexpected gem from a brand that I wasn't overly fond of. Will buy another when this one runs out.