Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15
bareMinerals in Medium DarkMatte Foundation spf 15Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 10/6/2017 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Summary: There is a reason why bare minerals is not mention for its complexion products, I wanted to love it but it is absolutely TRASH. Honestly, loreal true match is much better than this and half the cost

Pro:
- Decent Colour range
- Fine powder

Cons:
- Patchy application, once it sits it's quite hard to move
- doesnt work well on top of liquid foundation
- doesnt work well on oily skin
- lasts about 3 hours
- Highly transferable

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Wanted to love this so badly. Having extremely sensitive skin, everything about this foundation seemed like a godsend. I went with the "Matte" formula specifically, as I had heard that the original formula broke a lot of people out. However, this broke me out anyway. I'm devastated, to say the least. Packaging, price, minimalistic nature... all incredible. Wish it didn't break me out.

Oh lord, where to start. I have used this off and on for years, and it used to be my go-to, HG, Ride or Die foundation. However, I'm not sure if they changed the formula or what, but the last time I bought it, it was NEVER good. It would go on fine in the morning, but by mid-afternoon, my makeup would be half off my face, and the makeup that was still somehow on my face, would form tiny little powder balls on my skin, it would make me look about 80 years old under my eyes because of all the creasing, and it would oxidize. By the time I would go home from work, my makeup was so embarrasingly bad, that I would try to fix it in the bathroom at work, because I couldn't stand for people to see me with it. I tried everything. I've used silicone primers under it, I've used non-silicone primers under it, I've used the actual Bare Minerals primer, I've used the bare minerals brush, I've used non-Bare Minerals brushes, as well as different setting sprays. NOTHING worked. This is now sitting half empty in my bag as an emergency, I've run out of everything else, so this is what I'm wearing, foundation. Horrible.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

if you want a heavy coverage, this is not your product. if you want natural skin-like finish, and have some pretty bad blemishes, best to layer this over some concealer to achieve no-makeup makeup skin.

the Light shade looks good on NC25-NC30 skin... and the undertone is great. not too yellow.

Powder foundation can be annoying but it really is a good alternative for people who hate putting on a liquid foundation.

on 1/2/2017 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this product. I have extremely sensitive, acne prone, combination mainly oily skin. So I like this because it's very natural, helps to give my skin an all-around one tone. Although it is light coverage and this product is tricky, you don't want to use too much otherwise it looks cakey about 3 hours later. (In case this does happen I like to walk around with oil papers because it helps to remove the excess makeup) So I use it and then apply a concealer on the top to cover acne spots. I don't like to apply the concealer underneath because sometimes the dust from the foundation can get caught on the concealer and it looks like a discoloured spot under the makeup. Anyways, once you apply this foundation the skin looks just so so pretty. I have the "golden tan" colour and it really does give me a beautiful golden glow. Price wise it is definitely a tad pricey but it doesn't bother me, I'd rather spend the money on something that is great in quality and doesn't cause my skin to cry in an acne breakout. Packing is a 3 just because it's the typical packaging for mineral makeup, so it's fine. But the product is great.

Natural looking finish for skin with slight imperfections. HG, love it!!!

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This powder is absolutely flawless and keeps my skin matte all day!... I have the lightest shade, Fair, and am NC 15, it goes perfectly. I apply it using the precision face brush from Bare Minerals as it is very densely packed, but very very soft as well so it applies it beautifully. The only downside is it can be a little difficult to get out of the container... I put the lid on, tip upside down and shake.. That's my preferred way to do it, so I can dip in my brush and just tap off any excess powder.

I hated this stuff at first, but once I figured out how to use it I love it now. A powder foundation is just very different than foundations we're used to. Ask the people at sephora to show you how to apply it, it's really worth it. It's all natural and healthy and works great, it just has a learning curve.

I usually could never get away with just wearing a powder. I bought this when it first came out when I seen it on an infomercial. Back then I was about 24 years old and I had very bad acne. I was using all kinds of liquid foundations and my skin was just a mess! I had very oily skin and everything I tried to cover it and hid the acne and then dry patches, ugh it was on, face warfare and it was major hormonal. Having 2 kids under the age of 5. But, I tried this and it worked. I still have to have a jar of this even now. My skin obviously never looked so good. Now being 45 on my lazy days, or some hot, hazy and humid days, I will just use this instead of my normal foundation I wear. I like to change it up a bit. This powder foundation covers like a medium liquid foundation. It doesn't crease into your fine lines, it's not heavy feeling on your skin. It does what it says. It was a godsend for me. I felt like I wasn't clogging my pores. And as you get older, your needs of your skin change. And like I always post, you have to be aware of the active and inactive ingredients are. And even oily skin needs to be moisturized and properly cleansed. But not overly cleansed because that can also activate oily skin and cause more problems with acne. Again, use the 2x cleanse to make sure that your makeup is removed, and another for unclogging pores. Proactive also helped me balance out my skin. But that's another review. Now I have a totally different skin regimen and it works for me. I hope this review helps. Good Luck. 😃

~~~~ UPDATE: 7/1/17 ~~~~

Ahhh, MY First Love! Amore! I have actually updated my picture on MUA. I'm wearing Bare Minerals. In a few pics I am and in a few I'm not. See if you can spot the difference. I know I Can FEEL the Difference & it's an Amazing Feeling! It's lightweight, it's humidity proof, waterproof, it's protection against the elements, it has sunscreen. Conceal..then Swirl, Tap, Buff. Then use the glowing mineral veil. Perhaps a little bronzer, blush, lipstick, gloss, mascara. 15 minutes & I'm done. I Don't NEED to retouch anything at anytime! It's fast, it's great for your skin, it won't clog your pores, it won't cause breakouts & it won't slide off of your face! ( Unless U Over Apply Your Facial Primer, Or U Don't Let Ur Face Primer Dry B4 Applying Bare Minerals Powder). Bare Minerals has changed how MY skin looks, how it makes ME Feel. Which is confident & yes, you can come closer to talk to me. No cake face mess here! Just healthy, beautiful, perfect looking skin. My skin looks like it was airbrushed, but it wasn't. My number one Love, Bare Minerals! Even though they say you can sleep in it.. Please, NEVER go to bed with ANY makeup on your face! Night Time, is when your body and skin heals itself. That's very important & yet so many people just don't get it. Sure there's nights that you're stressed out about life and bills or are in pain & you CAN'T get to sleep..but there's No excuse for EVER leaving that days makeup & germs on your face, then all over your pillow or whatever! It's really gross! Tired or laziness is no excuse for grossness. NO matter how natural your makeup may be. Bare Minerals, I'm so glad I made that call eons ago. LOVE IT!
(Stick with the "original" Bare Minerals though. There's a difference. I hope this helps)! 😜🌺💘🌹🌷

on 10/31/2016 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the idea of this BareMinerals, but....Am I doing something wrong or should I just return this stuff? Dropped $60 for this foundation and "Blemish Remedy Mattifying Prep Gel". I've watched several tutorials. Looks simple enough. I applied my standard Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer, then above-mentioned primer, then the foundation, trying to achieve light, minimal coverage. Used good brushes. Two hours later, my face is a tight-feeling, flat, cakey mess with break-through oil in t-zone. My pores look giant. Nothing luminous here. I didn't buy the Mineral Veil, but at this point I don' t see how adding another layer of product could be helpful.