Bare Escentuals BareMinerals SPF 25 Mineral Veil

Bare Escentuals BareMinerals SPF 25 Mineral Veil

3.7

Active Ingredients (SPF 25 MIneral Veil): Titanium Dioxide 14.4% Inactive Ingredients: Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Corn Starch Modified, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Magnesium Stearate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 12/14/2016 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an ok product provided you have skin the right shade of medium to tan to wear it. For fair to light/medium skin, it is very, very orange. It's messy, too, but loose powder is always messy.

Be warned that if you have fine or deep lines, you should avoid face powders at all costs because they enhance wrinkles. This is due to their finely-milled minerals and just a fact of their consistency. Additionally, it's important to remember not thoroughly removing makeup and not using an AHA/BHA are recipes for wrinkles down the line (no pun intended) as this causes skin damage. Think of it as gravel on the road eroding into what's below it.

The spf is a nice bonus, but it can only be used as additional sunscreen and absolutely not, under any circumstances, should be considered the only sunscreen you need. This fact is the same for ALL Bareminerals products with spf, as by themselves, they won't provide you with anything near the UVA-blocking, wrinkle-preventing benefits of a lotion, zinc oxide-based sunscreen. There's simply zero you can do to prevent wrinkles/increased wrinkling without using a strong sunscreen every day, and if you don't, you're going to show the results of that decision when you hit 35 and look 40. Look around and you'll see that's the gospel skincare truth.

on 8/2/2016 9:48:00 AM

Only spf I can use on my hyper sensitive face, If it did not exist I wouldn't be able to enjoy the sun, and I would look older. I have been using for years never stop making this bare minerals I use this along with the matte original foundation! I have tried numerous spf for face Vanicream included but they always mess up my skin this is the only thing that does not, yes it can be a bit messy but so worth it, and with practice you learn to minimize the mess !!!!! vanicream spf 50 on body and bare minerals on face!!!

I have several mineral veils from Bare Escentuals, and none of them are great. The original one is matte and all it does it provides beige yellowish color and some coverage, but looks way too heavy and cakey for everyday use. I ended up using it as a sunscreen on beach vacations. Illuminating mineral veil is way too sparkley for me (it looks like glitter), I am not a teenager:) Hydrating mineral veil is for truly dry skin, which I don't have. These did not work for me.

on 10/12/2013 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I finished up a 0.75 gram sample jar of this before reviewing this product. I got it in a sephora summer essentials kit and payed for it with my own money

About me: Dry skin in the winter. Oily skin in the summer and normal between. I used this mostly in the summer and some in the fall while using it up. My skin is very sensitive and acne prone. I am NC15-20 and I have very yellow toned skin.

Pros
-didn't break me out
-SPF 25
-isn't cakey
-didn't leave any type of white or gray cast on my skin
-great for setting concealer under the eyes
-sets foundation well
-matte finish but did not look cakey on my skin

Cons
-loose powder - it would go everywhere every time I open and close the jar
-it is slightly too pink toned for my face. However, it was excellent for use under the eyes for the pink tone
-not travel friendly

Will I repurchase? No. I wish it wasn't pink toned and I didn't like how it made a mess in my bathroom every time I applied it. I did like how it was spf 25 and I like how it did not break me out and set my foundation very well.

If you do not mind loose powder and if you are more pink toned - then this is a product for you. However, I think it is a little expensive for what it is because there are many great drugstore options. If there were not any drugstore options and you again don't mind loose and that it is pink toned then this is an excellent powder. However, if you are more yellow toned like me and you like pressed SPF powders, I like the PF airbrush powder foundation in spf. The Translucent is a dead on match for NC15 and works great under the eyes as well. I don't know if BE has a pressed version of this, but if they do I plan on checking it out since I did like the product for under the eyes. It is just not travel friendly

on 9/6/2013 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought the BE mineral veil SPF 25 in translucent and had to take it back to the store for a refund. The powder left a very obvious whitecast on my NC 20 skin to the point where my face had a grey tint to it. The finish was also very dull and lifeless.

There are other sunscreen powders on the market with similar ingredients that are more cosmetically elegant. I prefer Jane Iredale's Powder Me Dry Sunscreen or powder foundations by Physicans Formula that have SPF 30 or SPF 50.

All in all, I was very disappointed with BE, this product does not live up to the mineral veil hype at all.

on 4/22/2013 10:24:00 AM

Great product!! Gives you a great finish and a healthy looking glow. Wouldn't say it makes your foundation last longer though..

I am a huge fan of the original mineral veil. I have combination skin and my tzone gets really oily and so I always use mineral veil to set my makeup. I was running out of it so went to Ulta and saw this one. Was really excited coz of the spf ...........well an hr after using this one my skin was oily. so oily that I have not seen it like this in many years. so,,,,,,,,,,,,,, this one is going back and I'm getting the original.

on 9/26/2012 10:01:00 AM

i apply this over my bare minerals foundation and it gives me a lovely glow and a clearer looking complextion. it is very expensive considering it is technically just a finishing powder, but until i find one that works the same for cheaper, i will be buying this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I use this over my foundation. Works great, not too heavy but sets my make up & gets rid of shine. Definitely going to repurchase.

on 8/26/2012 12:23:00 AM

This works great with BE mineral foundation. I've tried this with a Sonia Kashuk tinted moisturizer & a liquid foundation (I can't remember the name), but it didn't work well with either of those. Especially with the SK tinted moisturizer it looked awful, accentuating flaws rather than hiding them. Since I don't use BE foundation anymore (or any other loose mineral foundations) this product isn't very useful. When I run out I won't repurchase, which sucks because I love that it's a powder spf. I just wish it worked better with different types of foundation!