Marcelle Volume Precision

Marcelle Volume Precision

3.8

Rarely have I been so shocked at the difference between a MUA score and my experience. This mascara was AWFUL for me. I could not make it work. I tossed it after about a month. The formula was ridiculously dry, it would not coat my lashes, it would not layer without crumbling off, and it flaked under my eyes throughout the day. The brush didn't do much to help since it was not depositing much product (compared to a thicker, more traditional brush). Trying to make this product work frustrated me to no end. I got actively frustrated doing my makeup while using this product. There's lots of positive reviews here so YMMV. Maybe it was a bad batch. But I won't be giving it another shot to see.

on 7/27/2017 10:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Picked this up in Black. Love the silicone brush, it's on the smaller side and makes it very easy to control and get to all my tiny lashes. The formula is not too wet, dries quickly and does not flake. It adds great volume (which is a rarity for me) and good length. Holds a bit of a curl, more than many mascaras for me. There is a small amount of light smearing just under my eyes with this but I am prone to it and have sweaty/oily eyes. Side note - I do use this with Dior primer as I do with most mascaras. It definitely adds to the length. Without the primer it smudges a bit more and doesn't have as much length but does have the same full feathery volume. 4.5/5 and would definitely repurchase.

on 1/4/2014 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The best! I have tried just about every mascara out there and this will definitely be a re-purchase. You don't need a big, gloop-y wand/brush. You need this! It has small bristles that really get "in there" and reach every lash. It lasts all day and no raccoon eyes. Ever since switching to this mascara, my husband has commented at how beautiful my eyes look.

I absolutely LOVE this mascara! I used to use an Almay mascara that was my HG but it got discontinued :( but this mascara is a great alternative. I got it as a gift for my birthday because I was looking for a replacement mascara in brown and this fit the bill. Only problem is that if you get the lashes the slightest bit wet your mascara will get wet and you need to be careful until it dries so it doesn't smear. This product does no flake or smudge otherwise! Overall amazing product that does wonders to bring out my blue eyes! ;)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favourite volumizing mascara that I like to wear when I want to keep my make up more natural, otherwise I use a lengthening mascara instead. This mascara is exactly what it says it is : volumizing. I do not find that it lengthens (which it does not claim to do) but does it ever make it look like I have more lashes! Like, a lot more!! I have a very subtle set of fake lashes that I used to use because I didn't think mine were full enough; I haven't worn them since using this mascara! I have the darkest black, but I do wish there was a darker black, as I do not find this one to be as dark as other blacks even within Marcelle. Great for day time. And I agree with everyone: no smudges or flakes!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this Marcelle Volume precision in a 2-for-1 pack for $4.99 at Winners a few months ago and now I wish I bought more. It puts a nice base coat on my lashes and seperates them. Once this is dry I use a light coat of thickening mascara on top to give more volume, Although I would prefer a formula that provides the length and thickness in one product, burfor the price I have no complaints.

on 6/7/2012 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

So there are things I like and things I dislike about this product. The most important thing to me in a mascara is that it doesn't smudge or flake, and this doesn't do either! So good for that. The problem I have with it is that I despise the brush. It's just little tiny plastic nubs- I prefer fuller brushes. I found it didn't do anything for my lashes, it was kind of spider-y. It was great for my bottom lashes though, because you can get all of them without making a mess- it definitely is a "precise" brush. So what I think I'm going to do is keep it, and just use a different brush with it, because the formula is great.

on 1/29/2012 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE. This stuff is super gentle, perfect for day or night and washes off easily. And NO CLUMPS! Even if there are a few clumps while applying, the little brush combs right through them and ta-da, no more clumps! Definitely my HG and that is saying a lot because I love trying new products!

on 1/28/2012 9:03:00 PM

A few yars ago, I went to London Drugs and said "I will pay anything, but what mascara can I buy that won't smudge or run during the course of a normal day". I ALWAYS had smudging and would wipe the crud away and was getting wrikles from all that nonsense! The cosmetics lady could have sold me any number of pricey mascaras, or the tried and trues like Great Lash (which is HORRIBLE!), but she told me to buy this one, and I did and never looked back. I respect everyone else's review on this site, but I must say, I have tried nearly every mascara - for the very expensive to the cheap, and this is the ONLY ONE I HAVE TRIED that does not smudge or flake. Ever! This is one of the few beauty products that I always go back too and always will. I recently tried another one (L'oreal), which was more expensive and AWFUL. I will always come back to this one. It's the only one I use that I can trust won't make me look like a racoon. The other thing I like about it is that it is easy to wash off. (The most recent one I wasted money on flakes and smudges AND is impossible to take off! Explain this to me!) I wish it offered some more volume, but what is does offer is pretty good. The wand is made of silicone I think, so takes some getting used too. So if you haven't tried this one - please do!

on 11/4/2011 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I like this mascara - It doesn't flake, I haven't found it to smudge, although I have oily skin. It doesn't add much thickness to the lashes but I found it gave mine the illusion of greater length.