Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish 541B- Cashmere

Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish 541B- Cashmere

4.4

on 6/24/2017 4:39:00 PM

This is literally my holy grail find as far as cheap-as-dirt lipsticks go. Been going through a heavy brown lipstick phase the past few months and I really favour a cold colours as my skin is very pale, and warm tones tend to wash out my face, and my wardrobe is primarily black, white and cold greys.

I tried this on a whim having never attempted with silk finish lipsticks before, I used to hold a vendetta against wet'n'wild as I had the mindset that only tweens and trailer trash bothered with this brand. I can admit that I was being unfair and judgemental based on the price point, I have come to actually really enjoy a fair amount of their products since overcoming that hurdle. (Their eyeshadow trios, liquid catsuit matte lipsticks, highlighter sticks, and megalast lipsticks being a few that I am really fond of now.)

Firstly, this isn't a matte lipstick nor does it claim to be long-lasting, it's selling point is moisture and nearly every colour in the line is frosted (Hence 'silk finish') and this colour is a mauve-brown with cold undertones. It is frosty, but not to the point where it looks like a sparkly lipgloss or cheap. It actually appears to be more metallic. Also when it does begin to fade it leaves a nice stain behind so you don't need to constantly reapply if you don't want to. It also has minimal feathering, which is a nice change for a creamy moisturizing lipstick.

A few reviews have noted the forumla as being greasy, but I did not find this to be true. If you are not a fan of cream lipsticks and have hopped on the matte bandwagon like most have, it may feel unusual to you at first. If you have naturally dry lips that tend to dry out even with the use of a balm, it's perfect as it won't clump in areas and spreads evenly.

Also, yes the packaging is cheaply made and not exactly exciting to look at. It's a very standard black bullet with a clear plastic lid that takes up 2/3 of the total bullet. However I have yet to have an issue with the lid falling off in my bag, and it does make an audible click so you know it's closed. I also have not purchased one yet where the stick is sliding or melting off, which is a plus. It's nothing fancy, but I'd rather have the money put into the actual lipstick itself than making the package decorative.
Verdict: The colour is very 90s and not overpowering with the frost like the other shades in this line (I have since purchased shades 'A short Affair' and 'Breeze' and will likely never wear them because they remind me of an early 2000s Paris Hilton look) and I will be rebuying when I run out. For 1.50$ CAD I would be silly not to.

on 5/2/2017 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I started wearing this years ago and it is still one of my favorite lip sticks of all time. I bought multiples ( went into various stores and bought all stock) when I realized how much I loved it. Despite its age, it has not gone off or rancid the way some of my more expensive lip products do. I am careful and use BeautySoClean sanitizer on them-- no idea if it helps, but I figured it couldn't hurt. It's a metallic frost in a cool bittersweet brown without any warmth. On my NC 30-35, Asian, olive skin, it is amazing, but I think many skin tones could wear this. Because it's metallic, the darkness does not appear goth. This also wears evenly on the lips and is not drying. I really like WnW lip products and feel that sometimes the cheaper brands have better product or as good for the price. MLBB is WnW mega shield SPF in the shade barely legal.
Note: the stock photo above does not look like 541B.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a hidden DS gem! Kind of 90s copper brown plum, w frost. This is really pretty & I could see it flattering most skin tones, I normally wear either really cheap or "expensive makeup" (wnw/ELF/LA Colors or else MAC/Clinique/EL/Chanel basically there is no in betweens lol), this is a steal coming in in less than $1 a buck!! It's lasts pretty good, it's 1 of my fave wnw lipsticks. It smells like a crayon thou I need MAC for my vanilla scents I guess (lol). Wnw is my guilty DS pleasure altho i really don't know if any1 really feels too terribly guilty about spend $0.87 cents on a lipstick! Less than anything on a fast food restaurant menu... ;)

whole life favorite,
used for years, perfered
color, sheen, packaging, price.
bought three through medford oregon walgreens reciently.
new cashmere not as nice.pack on new cashmere not as elegant. packaging lid not as convienent, not care for fragrance.
beautiful appearence missing

julsjewels3@yahoo.com will buy many.
amazon wants to much.
please want old product back, much better.
any around for sale at $.99?
would buy quite a few
cannot get through to company.
applying every time eat off.
help!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Cashmere is a beautiful cool-brown frost. Gorgeous worn alone or mixed with other colors. I have purchased this color many times. Only to get home and find-out I already have it. Still all good. Pleased to have a couple of backups just in case its discontinued. Creamy texture. Simple and classic packaging. Cost me $1.50 at walgreens

DDD Black Opal Nutmeg/Beautiful Bronze or Iman Earth 1

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Nice color for dark, ebony skin. It is a nice neautral/nude look. I like it and it has good staying power too. I just wish they'd step up their packaging game so it doesn't look so cheap.

on 2/12/2013 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

One of my favorite lipsticks! I didn't expect much when I picked this up a while back just out of curiosity to see if they've improved there lipsticks and it was only 99 cents. I do like the quality of this lipstick but really just love the color! It's kind of a darkish mauve plum but I always put lip balm on first and it goes on very creamy and last along time too. It's a great fall and winter color. Love it!

on 3/18/2012 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

A great fall color. This is a darker shade of brown mauve. If you want a lighter shade that is slightly more pink toned, try 549a. I layer the two colors and it is perfect. For, a buck, they're great lipsticks. Not drying. Can't comment on how long they last. No problems with the lipsticks from Wet n wild and loving the new colors.

A really beautiful shade of deep bronze. I like it. It's a little dark and stark for my fair skin, but I do think I'll wear it, although I'm not sure exactly what look I'll be rocking. The color has an early or mid 90's feel. I like the feel and formulation. Definitely happy with my purchase because I like to have a lot of options in my train case but I'm not sure how often I'll reach for it.

on 6/25/2009 11:56:00 PM

While the color is nice, the new formula is not. I don't know what WNW did, but their new lipstick formulas SUCK. They went from being wonderful dry lipsticks that lasted for hours & hours to some "moisturizing" greasy crap that smears & slides all over & has to be reapplied every half hour & ends up in a nice white-trashy O-ring around your lips. I'll use this one up but I will NOT repurchase. Gah, why do companies always have to change shit. Leave well enough alone!!! WNW used to be my favorite cheapie makeup indulgence, they had good shades with a great texture & I loved the trailer-park charm of the whole line. Now that they've "revamped" their whole line, I've just lost all respect. Boo-urns!