Nivea Touch of Sparkle Moisturizing Body Wash

Nivea Touch of Sparkle Moisturizing Body Wash

4.2

Water , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate , Fragrance , Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil , Diamond Powder , Glycerin , Glycol Distearate , PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil , Laureth-4 , Polyquaternium-7 , PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate , PEG-90 Glyceryl Isostearate , Laureth-2 , Citric Acid , Benzophenone-4 , Sodium Benzoate , Sodium Salicylate , Red 40 , Blue 1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't know why I betrayed my Dove body washes. I guess I just wanted to try something new and this intrigued me with the packaging claiming that it "moisturizes and illuminates". I was hoping maybe I would get a little body glow going on, but unfortunately that didn't happen. This body wash was a let down for me, as it really didn't moisturize or illuminate. It also didn't lather nearly as well as my Dove body washes do, and I felt like I had to use twice as much product to get a good lather and clean feeling. It also didn't leave my skin nearly as soft as those do, so this unfortunately wasn't for me. It did have a nice smell though, rather clean.

on 12/19/2016 7:17:00 PM

Love this body wash! For ME, the scent lingers on my skin way after I've showered and I love that! It makes tons of lather, but that may be because I use a Salux.

on 7/23/2016 11:38:00 PM

10/10 amazing. It produces a strong bubbly lather and makes my skin feel moisturized and soft. It smells amazing too and is a pretty shiny purple color.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Despite my rating, I really did enjoy this product. It had a pleasant smell but it's not necessarily my favorite. It wasn't extraordinarily moisturizing, didn't provide the best lather, and had quite a thin consistency. Also, the scent did not linger on my skin which is something that I really enjoy in a body wash. Overall, it's a good product but due to these factors I would not repurchase it.

on 1/26/2015 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I picked this up at Dollar General because it was on sale for $2. There's no trace of any sparkle or shimmer in this body wash so that part is bogus. It also doesn't lather as much as I would like because I like a lot of lather. However, it did make my skin super soft. It also has a nice clean smell. I might purchase again...might.

on 11/27/2016 2:56:00 PM

I love love this body wash! I just finished a bottle. It definitely made my skin feel glowing and healthy and moisturized after my showers. The product also shimmers so it's always fun to look at. On top of that, it smells absolutely wonderful.

on 10/13/2014 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Sadly, I wasn't a fan of this product. Which was surprising considering I really do feel that Nivea is a stand out brand within the realm of drugstore products.

The Pros:
-This smells wonderful!
-It's sooooo affordable! I always see it on sale of 2 for $6, which is a lot of product for cheap.

The Cons:
-The scent does not carry past the bottle, doesn't leave anything on the skin.
-Really watered down stuff here. The only way I could get any lather was with a puff.
-I didn't find it particularly moisturizing, just sort of "there" as a cleanser.
-Long list of crappy ingredients which seem totally unnecessary.

All in all this was just too watered down of a product for me. Sometimes I am in a rush or just feelin' plain lazy and don't want to hassle with a sponge or puff that I then have to wring and rinse out thoroughly. But when I use/apply this product directly to my skin, it takes nearly a palm full to get any sort of lather at all. I get more lather and moisture out of a Dove soap bar, which I loathe. I kind of just don't feel clean using this product.

The Touch of Renewal Body Scrub by Nivea however, is AMAZING! And gives way more lather! I think I will stick with that as its so gentle and a much better product.

on 2/6/2014 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this body wash. It's a lot like the touch of happiness one, which I really like. This body wash is creamy and smooth and a little bit definitely goes a long way. I really like the scent, it is soft and very mellow and kind of soothing perfect for bedtime. The smell doesn't linger but I kind of wish it did. I don't know about the diamond powder ingredient, I'm sure its a fancy name for "mica" as I'm sure the sparkles in it is just powdered mica. The sparkles are not noticeable after the shower so I am not sure what the point is. Anyways, great body wash, 1 lippie off because the ingredients aren't very friendly and definitely chemically.

on 11/4/2013 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The scent is captivating. Smooth skin afterwards. yay

on 8/1/2013 7:24:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really like this body wash. It's got a nice scent and leaves my skin feeling very soft and smooth. You don't have to use a lot to get clean in the shower and it lathers really well compared to some other brands. The diamond thing is definitely untrue, but based on the price did anyone really think there would be diamonds in here? It also doesn't really leave you sparkling as it claims, but I'm willing to get passed that since I like everything else about it so much!