CHANEL Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
CHANEL Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer

3.6

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

The consultant raved about this product and I purchased it instead of my usual Touche Eclat but I found it too heavy. I use a very light hand with my makeup and this was too much for me. I can see how others would like it though as it is creamy and has a nice consistency.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Well, I have purchased this a couple of times and it's time to buy a concealer again and will be buying this one. I left and tried Charlotte Tilbury, which I really do like, Veil Cosmetics, which is nice, Estee Lauder, which has pretty heavy coverage, and Laura Mercier Sercret Camo, which I've loved in the past, but for under eye find it's too heavy, whereas Chanel seems a bit more versatile if I'm being lazy or traveling and would like one product for spots as well as undereye. I also really do like this packaging. I put it on the back of my hand then either use my fingertips or a brush.

on 9/8/2016 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Good value for money as it lasts for ages (a year at least). The colour matches and it hides dark circles well. The only thing I don't like is that it creases accentuating fine lines and you have to set it up with powder.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely adooooooore this concealer! No other concealer has made me look this good ever! I bought it a little over a month ago, and it hasn't breaken out nor disappointed me yet!

I use it either on top or underneath my Chanel Mat Lumière foundation, depending on how much coverage I want (use it underneath for a healthier, more natural look, or on top for a 100% coverage), and I also use it underneath a dab of foundation under my eyes (I have very dark circles). It really illuminates my face, without having a shiny or unnatural-looking complexion. It also works well without foundation when I have little time or I'm just going out shopping or at school.

Just make sure you blend it well with a brush or your finger, as it will look horribly cakey if you use too much and don't blend it well enough.

on 1/8/2015 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Perfection.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Ok so this concealer was really strange.
I bought it a while ago, expecting quite a lot for 33€.
When I first used it, I didn't use any primer or execreme under it (duh, I know) and I was rather frustrated since it started to crease right away and didn't look to nice.
But then I tried this with just an ee-creme underneath and let me say I was impressed.
It does give you a medium to full coverage, doesn't look like a mask, you're still able to see some of the under eye darkness but not much. Like all Chanel products it stays on like nothing else.
All in all I have to say I would definitely repurchase this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'll preface the review by stating that I'd give it 3.5 lipsticks with 1.5 taken off for the price point. Yes, it's Chanel but for this kind of money, I want more than this concealer delivers.
It's decent and it gives reasonable coverage under my eye area with minimal creasing. I have to accept that I can't have that fully concealed wide awake look without using a heavier, creamier texture which means caking and settling into fine lines under the eyes.

Reviewers have mentioned a fragrance but I don't really detect a strong one which is typical of Chanel products. The colour selection is rather limited and #40 Beige Santal is the closest match to my NC30/C3 Asian skin tone.
The staying power is good and it lasts all day without fading.
Do I think it's worth the $40 CAD? Not really and so the quest for a less expensive alternative to Giorgio Armani's High Precision Retouch concealer continues.

on 5/24/2014 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Update: I had bad allergic reaction to this product. My eyes have been red and extremely puffy above and below my eye. It took me awhile to figure out it was this product that caused the reaction. Due to the reaction, this product no longer goes on smooth. Oh, and this isn't a short term reaction that disappears after I stop wearing it. My eyes are still inflamed days after. Only seeming to come down in redness, but still swollen under my eye and dry and puffy above. I may see a doctor if this persists.

I wasn't looking for a replacement eye concealer when I ran across this product online. But I have to admit that I haven't been really happy with either my dated Lancome Effacernes or the sheer coverage of my Natura Bisse Cure Sheer Eye. Swatching this item in store I decided to give it a whirl. Love the coverage and smoothness it gives my eye area. The only thing I have to watch out for is applying it directly atop of moisturizer, because over time that will just be transferred and mixed inside the product. Because of this, I would have liked to have seen this in a tube or bottle that makes dispensing onto fingers easier.

All in all, I'm pretty impressed by the coverage, smoothness, finish, and color match I was able to achieve.

For reference I use the Marc Jacobs Full Cover Correcting Brush No. 14 for application. For face concealing I use MUFE full cover concealer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a good multi-use concealer. It's dry enough to be used on blemishes, but watery enough to be spread out under eyes. It's not particularly THE BEST concealer you'll ever use, but if you have some money to spare and would like to have only one concealer (most people use two separate concealers for under the eyes and blemishes), then you'll want this.

on 10/15/2012 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I only used this a handful of times and should have returned it. But I kept it and it sits around never getting touched. I have it in Beige Clair, which is a good match for my skin color. There's no shimmer or light-reflective particles but it isn't entirely matte either. The consistency is very light and smooth, a little gel-like, sort of like a foundation. It spreads really easily and sits against my skin well without settling oddly or enhancing the occasional dryness I get beneath my eyes. The doe foot applicator is fine even though I don't use it for application; I dab a little on my finger or the back of my hand and use a concealer brush. The packaging allows you to see how much is left in the tube which is always helpful. My skin is very sensitive and it never irritates or causes a reaction. Fragrance-free too.

Now for the numerous cons. It fades after a few hours and all but disappears by the end of the day. That's its biggest failing, IMO, and it's one of the most important aspects of a good concealer. If I use it on my eyelids it creases immediately, something my Cle de Peau and Giorgio Armani concealers never do. And as far as coverage goes I'd say it ranges from barely there to very light. I need it for my dark circles and it offers as much coverage as a thin foundation, and after it fades I look like I haven't put anything on. I can't even say it's similar to a lightweight highlighting formula like YSL Touche Eclat because those stay put longer. My skin is normal, sometimes a touch on the dry side in winter so its not oiliness causing the lack of longevity. Generally my skin is pretty even toned and I don't deal with breakouts, but I doubt this would offer any sort of coverage for blemishes or spots. Plus it doesn't seem buildable at all so any chance having flexible coverage is non-existent.

While this feels comfortable and I love the silky texture I do think it's lacking in so many other areas. It's fine for days when I've slept well and my allergies aren't bothering me and I only need a touch of undereye coverage but for every other day it's next to useless. There's plenty of other concealers out there that would perform better than this one.