CHANEL Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer

CHANEL Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer

3.8

on 12/20/2017 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is a great concealer for my dark circles. It blends well and looks natural, not dewy and not matte. I wish they had a 2.5 as 2.0 is too light and 3.0 is a smidge dark. I have the 3.0 and it matches my skin but does not brighten. (I’m NC20-23) It wears well throughout the day. I have dry skin and dry under eyes. Since it s winter, I use the BB extra eye cream and this concealer on top - Works well together. As for coverage, it is med to full which look more natural than true full coverage. I highly recommended this.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used to love the Maybelling Fit Me and MUFE's Full Cover Concealer. But this one is amazing. It stays for hours even under the sun with only very little touchup needed. Once you get matched, the product blends seamlessly with your skin. It dries well and wears better after an hour (once it oxidizes). It looks really natural under the sun. But be warned, it does tend to stick to dry patches and will accentuate any dryness. Luckily for me my skin is on the oiler side so this definitely glides on like a dream.

EDIT: It's very thin and requires a lot of touch ups throughout the day, especially if you have oily skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

One of the worst concealers I have ever owned. HORRIBLE on so many levels. Where do I begin. First of all, this concealer looked so promising in Nordstrom's lighting. I was debating with the SA on what shade to get. She said I should be 31 because I need to brighten up my under eyes. Shade 31 looked straight up like bubble gum. There is no way I would be able to pull that off. It was a toss up between 30 and 40. She said definitely 30. I tried it on in store and look nice and purchased it. I leave the mall garage and drove down the street. I looked in my rear view mirror and said WTF. I turned around to go back into the mall to return this concealer. NOPE NOPE NOPE.
First issue: Orange. In sunlight, I had two huge orange marks under my eyes and random orange dots over my zits.
Second issue: Pores galore. This concealer made my pores huge looking.
Third issue: Poor coverage. On my left eye, I was wearing NARS RCC and had the Chanel CPLLC on my right. My left under eye looked concealed and bright. My right side looked darker. Also, by the time I went back inside the mall to return and get back in my car, the zit on my chin was already peeking through and only had the concealer on for 20 minutes.

Final thoughts, I'm actually disappointed because I tend to love Chanel base products and just assumed I would love this too. For $44, I feel this concealer is far inferior to a medicore $2.99 drugstore concealer.

on 5/7/2016 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Really good concealer. It doesn't take me a lot of the product for hiding spots, dark circles and a bit of small acne and it covers it very well. It takes at least 3 hours to fade away. The lightest tone is fine for me due to my fairness.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Chanel is Chanel and I find that the older I get (I'm 49 and have been a make-up junkie all my life), and the more refined my tastes become, the more I gravitate to this line.

I would say this is medium to high coverage, very blendable but has great staying power. I have chosen this one over: Marc Jacobs, Clarins, Laura Mercier, Armani, YSL, Clinique, Lancome and many others I've since forgotten.

I buy #40 for when I'm tan and #30 for when I'm not (as the goal is for concealer to match your skin, not lighten it). I believe it also adds a bit of a glow.

It lives up to the Chanel brand and my favorite concealer.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I think the coverage for this one is okay for me but then again i don't really have very dark under eye circles. As for its lasting power to last through the day, not so much. I also find this product kinda oily so if you have oily skin, i suggest to skip this concealer.

on 5/19/2013 11:20:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is very good. It has good coverage, it is not cakey, it does not accentuate fine lines and stays on all day. I have beige 3 and the color is just fine: finally a "real" beige, not pink, not yellow, simply beige.

So far this is one of the best under eye concealers I've tried and I have tried soooo many. I am glad to have bumped into this one.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This concealer works very well for me, but I'm not really trying to conceal so much (I have a bit of redness on my chin, nostrils, and cheeks). My skin is sensitive and dry, though, and since these areas are my very driest, it's hard to find products that don't just make them flake or sit on the top of my skin and look ashy. The Chanel concealer is almost gel-like and even feels soothing for my skin, and I was lucky to find a perfect color match. Sometimes I would even spread it all over my face, which may sound horrifying to you, but it's just to underline how smooth the texture and actual look of the product is: very matte but not at all hard.

My tube is finally starting to run out---and as someone pointed out below, it's very irritating not to be able to get the last bits out! I think the price is a bit too high for such a simple product and I hope to find a dupe!

on 1/10/2012 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Definitely my HG concealer for under eye area!!!! Love it!! Most likely due to the peachyness of it (30) that counteracts the bluish appearance of dark circles plus a blue vein that is underneath my right eye. This stuff perfectly matches my skin around eye area blends in silky with perfect coverage that doesn't accumulate or crease. So much better than many others for under eyes, SA put Bobbie Brown under my eyes it looked so shiny & that was with a dusting of powder on top. Looked horrible!
The texture of this stuff-amazing! And is one of my favorite things about it. Rub it between your fingers & it feels like you have a piece of satin there.
To cover redness near nose/chin I would not use this because the peach tone does not do anything for redness. Instead I just tap on Revlon Colorstay foundation in sand for those areas and it disappears. I plan on trying the Revlon Colorstay concealer but have not bought yet because the foundation covers the red & it lasts so long I have not had to buy anymore.(Love this foundation lasts a long time & has a great texture too.)

on 9/4/2011 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Let me just start off with a brief background of my skin;
I have very oily skin, but rather dry undereye circles.
I have horrible PERMANENT dark blue/purple undereye circles on my tan NC44 skin that appears as a hideous brown color. On nights when I don't get enough sleep (which is all too often), I wake up looking like someone punched me. =(

This concealer is amazing in the fact that its so creamy and doesn't accentuate the dryness surrounding my undereye area. This also doesn't crease on me which is just amazing as the texture is a bit...thick.

The coverage is light/med and can be built up GRADUALLY to a nice medium coverage. I should let you know that I do wear this over a very thin layer of BBs corrector in dark bisque underneath and it eliminates practically ALL discoloration(s) i have. <3

I also do use this product on my hyper-pigmentated acne scars as well and find the lasting power is superb (even on my oil slick face) and natural looking. I am NC44 and wear shade 30. It is a LITTLE bit too light for me but once on my skin, it oxides just enough to match perfectly.

As far as price and packaging go, we all know Chanel products cost $$$. I paid $40USD for 0.75g/0.23oz which isn't bad as I'm sure this will last me well over 6 months. As far as packaging, this is where i took off one lippie. I'm not crazy about it. its very simple; I guess i'm just so accustomed to the sleek packaging of the Chanel products. I do however, like the doe foot applicator. makes applying concealer a cinch. I will definitely be repurchasing as soon as i run out. =)