CHANEL Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
CHANEL Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer

3.4

on 1/8/2015 4:32:00 PM

This is the first liquid concealer I've used, so I don't have much to compare it to. However, it gets the job done (cover acne marks), blends beautifully, and lasts as long as I need it to! It's a creamy liquid that covers fairly well, though I don't use it by itself. I dab this on top of my medium-coverage liquid foundation, and it blends perfectly and easily with my finger lightly tapping it on. The doe foot applicator is very handy!

It's great to use under my MAC Studio Fix powder foundation too. I feel that it's not enough on it's own to cover my darker acne scars, but it does feel nice on the skin, doesn't irritate, and stays put.

Overall, it works well, and I have no reason to look elsewhere! It is an investment, the price tag being ~$50 CDN, but it lasts a long time.

on 5/24/2014 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Update: I had bad allergic reaction to this product. My eyes have been red and extremely puffy above and below my eye. It took me awhile to figure out it was this product that caused the reaction. Due to the reaction, this product no longer goes on smooth. Oh, and this isn't a short term reaction that disappears after I stop wearing it. My eyes are still inflamed days after. Only seeming to come down in redness, but still swollen under my eye and dry and puffy above. I may see a doctor if this persists.

I wasn't looking for a replacement eye concealer when I ran across this product online. But I have to admit that I haven't been really happy with either my dated Lancome Effacernes or the sheer coverage of my Natura Bisse Cure Sheer Eye. Swatching this item in store I decided to give it a whirl. Love the coverage and smoothness it gives my eye area. The only thing I have to watch out for is applying it directly atop of moisturizer, because over time that will just be transferred and mixed inside the product. Because of this, I would have liked to have seen this in a tube or bottle that makes dispensing onto fingers easier.

All in all, I'm pretty impressed by the coverage, smoothness, finish, and color match I was able to achieve.

For reference I use the Marc Jacobs Full Cover Correcting Brush No. 14 for application. For face concealing I use MUFE full cover concealer.

on 9/6/2013 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It does has nice coverage but it left my skin super super dry! Never happened to me, it usually works the other way leaving it oily... And it just doesn't last. After a couple of hours it's gone!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this, I've bought it probably 4 times over by now! It really does work well for under the eyes for me, although I do have to reapply at some point. Pretty good coverage, not much creasing, and 100% NOT CAKEY! Sometimes it oxides a little but rarely... It does however break me out on my face I have come to realize, so for under the eyes only it is. It's not my HG, but it's good enough to have rebought 4 times.
I other gripe is by the time you get to the last months, you notice how much faster it dries out on your face. Once you buy a new tube, the quality is amazing and then slowly deteriorates as you keep it longer.

on 5/12/2013 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this at the airport in early January, for no reason other than I wasn't thrilled with the Armani Maestro concealer.

It's extremely long wearing, good pigmentation and water-resistant. I wear it only on my dark circles in 31 Beige Rosť but I do think this product lacks more colours.

For a similar, cheaper concealer with a wider colour selection try the NARS Radiant Concealer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a good multi-use concealer. It's dry enough to be used on blemishes, but watery enough to be spread out under eyes. It's not particularly THE BEST concealer you'll ever use, but if you have some money to spare and would like to have only one concealer (most people use two separate concealers for under the eyes and blemishes), then you'll want this.

on 4/19/2012 2:20:00 AM

This stuff was pretty thin, almost like foundation. It definately did not cover my under eye circles. It was completely translucent. I would say it was comparible to a Covergirl concealer in performance and texture.

I don't like it. It doesn't it do it for me. I have oily, acne-prone skin and this concealer does not cover the blemishes well; I have to pack it on and so it looks cakey and after a while it melts off because of the oil produced by my skin. I wish I could return it. It's expensive and not worth the money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This concealer is my HG! first of all its a chanel product, and the packaging is so sleek and elegant, no problems with it! I have it first in shade 30 beige petal and it sucked! it is so orange peachy and it settled into my fine line, I went to the chanel counter and returned it, but the chanel SA told me that my shade was 20, and you really have to shake well before each use to disperse the powder, and I did all of that and it was PERFECT! I dont use this on blemished, i use this on dark circles and it is heaven! It lasts and covers effieciently and you know,... perfect! just perfect!

I really liked this concealer, I am fair so i got shade 20 this concealer is one of the best ive ever tryed. I Have dark Dark Circles under my eves and this conceals like no other. i set it with either MUFE HD powder or CHANEL pouder Univ. I highly recomend :)