CHANEL Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Combination
CHANEL Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer

3.7

I expected to love this product but I don't! When I put it under my eyes it is very obvious and does not look good.

Maybe I need more moisturizer or a different color? Or different application method?

Anyhow, I am not loving it because the main reason I bought it was as undereye concealer!

on 8/6/2010 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this for my undereye darkcircle and face blemishes.. I was hoping this to be a good concealer due to the amount I am paying for. (SGD44 is not cheap at all for a 0.75g of concealer)

My skin on my cheeks are dry and flakey due to acne.org BP.
This concealer was not moisturizing or 'liquid' enough to curb with the dryness on my face. Therefore, I didn't like it and for that amount I paid for, I felt that most of it went to the 'Brand' rather than Quality, which i am looking for. I am sure I can get that same quality in drugstore or even better.

The Packaging wise, was not that fantastic either. The cap with the screwing closure and wand was not well design as product often leak out. After 3-5 uses, you'll find the screw area messy with overflowing concealer due to poor design of packaging. I personally disliked concealer which are packaged this way as proven, they ALL leaked. I just felt that with a brand like 'chanel', they should've come up with a better alternative.

I ended up getting another 2 mac select moisture cover concealers which I will be reviewing it soon after I got enough use of it.

Goodluck!

on 11/3/2010 12:13:00 PM

As far as under-eye concealers go, this is the best I have found, making my HG of the moment. I have tried all other concealers, and this one wins (it is not perfect, but much closer to acceptable than the others. It minimizes the darkness under my eyes (I don't think anything will "hide" it). Overall, I like the soft, powdery texture. I did a little test. I applied it to just one eye and not to the other. I could definitely see a difference between the darkness of each eye. It does settle a "tiny" bit in the fine lines right under my lower lash line after I apply it, but a soft sweep of my finger and the settling is gone. I don't notice it settling anymore after this. I tried putting it on my eyelids too, but I didn't like that at all. Also, I find that I have better results if I "pat" this into the undereye area compared to rubbing it in. Patting gives a soft, natural look. This does last all day. This is the first eye concealer I have ever considered repurchasing!

on 1/15/2011 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am surprised by the reviews here! I like this concealer a lot, especially for my undereyes and any dark patches on my face (around the mouth). It is not drying and it sits on my skin perfectly. I have used other products for the undereyes like the eeeexpensive By Terry touche veloutée, Laura Mercier secret concealer and corrector. They are not bad, but they are either too expensive or too troublesome. The only complain I have is the tube. It looks nice, but the product will get everywhere once you open and close it too much.

This is my HG concealer... I work late nights as a server and I have to be up early for class. This concealer lightens up my undereye area and covers dark circles like no other. Once I put this on its like magic, I no longer look like I have super bad allergies or haven't slept in 5 days :]. The color choices aren't so great but they aren't terrible either, chances are you can make it work. Although most reviews don't recommend it for blemishes, I find that it works just fine. It covers my hyperpigmentation on my cheeks and if I have a spot or two I use a concealer brush to dab it on for more coverage. On my clear skin days I can get away with using just this and a powder. Its amazing, would definitely recommend and repurchase.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This would be a fabulous concealer (it's smooth, blendable and leaves a nice finish), but the shade range is problematic. The lightest shade is too dark for me (I suppose I should not have been surprised, as all of the different foundations are too dark in the lightest shade), and I found it to be too thick for use under the eyes. On the face, it would be great for brightening and concealing imperfections if you have a shade match.

(For reference, NW5-10; NARS Siberia.)

on 5/21/2011 11:31:00 AM

This is a very so-so product. This is a concentrated version of face fabric so if you dont like the whole silicone thing, this is not for you. This is a powdery consistency concealer which has light-med coverage. I am not a big fan of the high silicone content since it tends to set a little too dry looking and exacerbate any lines you have. The wear is just OK, I recommend the hourglass and cle de peau over this any day. The color selection is really bad, there is a big step from 1 to 2 and I think it needs a bit more peach for it to cover dark circles. I use no 2 and is perfect for NC30-NC35. No 1 is more suited to pink undertones and is very light.

I picked this up at Nordstrom last week after reading enough reviews to make me give it a shot. If you want a concealer that barely covers anything and is a weird color, this is your top pick! It's ridiculously strangley colored, and VERY sheer. Even after 3 coats it's still not covered anything.

Going back.

on 6/30/2011 5:31:00 AM

I am fair-skinned asian, suffer with quite severe dark circle due to my light skin color. This is moisturize and creamy to mousse texture, feel like nothing when apply and glides on pretty well under my eyes. However, I will recommend for those with dry skin and not so serious dark circle girls. I have this in 10 (the lightest shade) and I will say this is on par with MUFE Lifted Concealer. They are both light and won't become cakey on our dry skin. And at the same time, both don't have the enough coverage for severe dark circles.

on 1/12/2012 6:01:00 PM

I can never seem to find the right concealer to cover my circles. This one is great. The color match is pretty nice. 10 and 31 are the lightest. 31 is more pink/peach but a bit too peach and 10 is more yellow. I thought it would be too dark, but it blends into my fair skin quite nicely. I put a little over TM, apply a puff of powder and then another little dab. Stays most of the day and doesn't crease. I do love the gel texturee and find it moisturizing but not greasy. I wish there were a tad more coverage so that I didnt' have to apply two coats. It's a bit expensive, but I'd pay it again.