Chanel Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer

Filtered by age: 30-35
Chanel Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Well, I have purchased this a couple of times and it's time to buy a concealer again and will be buying this one. I left and tried Charlotte Tilbury, which I really do like, Veil Cosmetics, which is nice, Estee Lauder, which has pretty heavy coverage, and Laura Mercier Sercret Camo, which I've loved in the past, but for under eye find it's too heavy, whereas Chanel seems a bit more versatile if I'm being lazy or traveling and would like one product for spots as well as undereye. I also really do like this packaging. I put it on the back of my hand then either use my fingertips or a brush.

on 1/30/2016 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a great concealer - doesn't cling to my dry patches or crease. The lightest shade is a perfect match for me.

Really pleased with the quality of this product! I love the colour!its perfect on my skin!

on 10/10/2014 5:08:00 PM

I have been on a mission to cpver my new found 35 year old face! I'm avoiding fillers, but it may result that.

My issues are no tanning so all the blue, red, flaws, were concealed through tanning.

I always had crows feet they don't bother me. Smile lines too; however they are growing in an uneven manner. Its bothering me.

But what really dropped the brick eas my eye hollows! I saw pics of me and about died. I was depresses for days! I never had to worry about this & concealer was used to cover a zit, smooth smile lines. I never needed it under my eyes.

So I have been playing with different brands, colors, textures.

So here it is:

Bobbi Brown Ete Corrector: bad color, too think, felt like band aids under my eyes.

Armani Precision & Orange corrector:
Was meh. Too runny for me. No staying power. Orange too orange.

I've used Laprairie...abother meh.

I don't need to try thousands of brands to know what I need. I'm not in to the white cast that people are sporting. I like my look even. I have naturally chissled features abd do not need to contour. Thus I wanted a "matching" concealer. Not a brightener but matching. It's not a color I'm trying to conceal but a shadow.

People insist on this bright under eye look. It looks fake, caked, and un natural. I was recommended by the Bobbi Brown counter to try this concealer.

I purposely went makeup free mind you. I walked over grabbed #31 and dabbed under my eyes. I told the SA that I wanted to by this & she looked at me like I was crazy. I was like I have this under my eyes right now. She was like WOW! It matches perfect! She did not see me testing it. But instantly wanted to recommend another shade. If trying in in the horrible store lighting with no makeup isnt enough than nothing will be!

This stuff is amazing. I took before and after pics too. I added the concealer first that's my rule...I know it should be last but that doesnt work for me.

I blended Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Fluid Foudation. A touch of Shadore Blush & Medium Contour powder. Flesh Colored lip liner, with #500 Armani stain & finished with the beloved Dior Show!

I'm one to love my makeup after many hours. I hate my makeup until it sets. Everyone is different & likes different looks. I prefer to highlight my face not cover it or look overly done. It looks bad on young snin & even worst on older.

Give this concealer a try under your foundation & go as dark as you can! It's the best!! If the foundation is half decent the concealer will not run...I do what I must to get the look I want & I'm contantly complimented & ask what my secrets are!

on 1/5/2014 2:31:00 PM

I looked at some of these reviews just now and I guess it depends on what you are using it for. I mainly use it for under eye and to contour certain areas around my nose. I love it. I use it with a primer and foundation and its perfection. I dont use a brush, I dab little dots very lightly wherever I am using it and blend up gently patting. I am also using a lighter color than my complexion so these small little dots contained to certain areas go a long way.
I have some discoloration on my face but wouldn't use this concealer for that. Its creamy but its also liquid. If youre looking for heavy coverage over blemishes or scars I'd suggest something thats more of a solid cream or laying an actual liquid foundation with buildable coverage. I guess the price is steep considering its a "concealer" and I dont think its very multi-purpose but for what I use it for, I really love it.

on 10/15/2012 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I only used this a handful of times and should have returned it. But I kept it and it sits around never getting touched. I have it in Beige Clair, which is a good match for my skin color. There's no shimmer or light-reflective particles but it isn't entirely matte either. The consistency is very light and smooth, a little gel-like, sort of like a foundation. It spreads really easily and sits against my skin well without settling oddly or enhancing the occasional dryness I get beneath my eyes. The doe foot applicator is fine even though I don't use it for application; I dab a little on my finger or the back of my hand and use a concealer brush. The packaging allows you to see how much is left in the tube which is always helpful. My skin is very sensitive and it never irritates or causes a reaction. Fragrance-free too.

Now for the numerous cons. It fades after a few hours and all but disappears by the end of the day. That's its biggest failing, IMO, and it's one of the most important aspects of a good concealer. If I use it on my eyelids it creases immediately, something my Cle de Peau and Giorgio Armani concealers never do. And as far as coverage goes I'd say it ranges from barely there to very light. I need it for my dark circles and it offers as much coverage as a thin foundation, and after it fades I look like I haven't put anything on. I can't even say it's similar to a lightweight highlighting formula like YSL Touche Eclat because those stay put longer. My skin is normal, sometimes a touch on the dry side in winter so its not oiliness causing the lack of longevity. Generally my skin is pretty even toned and I don't deal with breakouts, but I doubt this would offer any sort of coverage for blemishes or spots. Plus it doesn't seem buildable at all so any chance having flexible coverage is non-existent.

While this feels comfortable and I love the silky texture I do think it's lacking in so many other areas. It's fine for days when I've slept well and my allergies aren't bothering me and I only need a touch of undereye coverage but for every other day it's next to useless. There's plenty of other concealers out there that would perform better than this one.

The tube packaging means you cannot really get to the last bit of it. It emphasises the lines under my eyes and was too dry to really blend in.

It runs easily too.

Expensive for the the fact that it doesn't work.

on 10/11/2011 7:04:00 AM

I love ths concealer. This is one of my favourite and comparble to cle de peau. I use it around my eyes since it is hydrate enough. I use the lightest color for my light skin tone. I esp like the fact that I can touch up with this product on top of my powder. However, if the shade is slightly darker, it could be perfect and replace my CDP.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I am very happy I splurged on this Chanel concealer. It is my absolute Holy Grail concealer. Not waxy, oily, greasy or thick; this concealer provided medium coverage with one dot on each undereye area. It dried quickly to a perfectly natural finish and i have no dark shadows under my eyes whatsoever.

I like a natural look and only wear Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua foundation or Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer as foundation set with a light dusting of transclucent powder. This concealer makes a perfect match for a polished, chic and natural look.

I am NW20 and B20 Beige Tendre and Ivory/Nude, and I usd the concealerin 20 Beige Ivoire for a perfect match (not too light or dark). Chanel's Correcteur Perfection is the best concealer I have EVER used.

UPDATE 1/2012: On my second tube. I love this concealer! Wouldn't use anything else.

I picked this up at Nordstrom last week after reading enough reviews to make me give it a shot. If you want a concealer that barely covers anything and is a weird color, this is your top pick! It's ridiculously strangley colored, and VERY sheer. Even after 3 coats it's still not covered anything.

Going back.