Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick (All Shades)

3.9

Lanolin Liquida/Lanolin Oil, Sesamum Indicum Oil/Sesame Seed Oil, Oleyl Erucate, Cera Microcristallina/Microcrystalline Wax, PPG-5 Lanolin Wax, Acetylated Lanolin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Alumina, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylic Acid/Isobutyl Acrylate/Isobornylacrylate Copolymer, Parfum/Fragrance, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxhydrocinnamate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Alcohol, Tin Oxide, MEL/Honey, Polyethylene, Terephthalate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Pearl Powder, Dimethicone, ( /- May Contain Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77941, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 15850/Red 7, CI 45410/Red 28 Lake, CI 15985/Yellow 6 Lake, CI 45380/Red 22 Lake, CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090/Blue 1 Lake, CI 75470/Carmine)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I’ve worn Maybelline lipsticks for years and have never had a difficult time finding flattering shades (which has not been my experience with some other brands). Maybelline has a superb selection of just what I want: cool pinks, reds, and plums/berries that aren’t garishly bright. My favorite Color Sensational shades so far are Pink Wink, Plum Paradise, Summer Sunset, and Ruby Star on Summer Sunset. I’ve been into Plum Paradise lately, a beautiful, cool, plummy red with a touch of pink and brown. I have rosy-ish pigmented lips and like non-matte lipsticks with a little sparkle or sheen, so all of these shades work really well for me. I don’t wear much makeup, so I don’t like super pigmented, loud lipsticks. I’ve found the glossier, sheerer formulation of the Color Sensationals makes them very easy to wear, but they’re not too sheer and still have good color payoff. Also love the low price.

My only complaints that make this not my HG and drive me to look elsewhere are sometimes the floral/bumblegum scent is quite strong and bothersome... and the color wear time could be longer. But mainly it's the fragrance. I REALLY wish Maybelline would make their lipsticks unscented, or at least way dial down the fragrance and choose a better one. For example, I much prefer the light, vanilla/cookie scent of Revlon's (sadly discontinued) Lip Butters or how Revlon's Super Lustrous lipsticks are plain unscented.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I used this lipstick in the shade gunmetal with other makeup products to make it wear better, as it tended to bleed around the edges and didn’t have amazing staying power by itself.

I actually thought the colour pay off was really good on this lipstick and it made my lips feel soft and nourished.

Even though it did move around a bit, it looked great once it was contained with the liner.

Watch me try it out in this video:

Just search for Ayish Zone on YouTube x

I have tried a ton of red lipsticks but this one might just be my favorite....i have pale skin that has redness so I need a red that has a blue tone...if that makes sense....this is exactly that...a deep bold red that has no orange or pink background to it. It's also so affordable and lasts a long time . It isn't labeled matte but dries down to a hybrid...kinda matte kinda not...this is for shade 800, dynamite red

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have pigmented lips and this goes on sheer on me. Layering several times does not work, it cannot cover the dark edges of my lips. Also doesn't last on me. Texture is okay, though.

I am personally obsessed with Maybelline lippies and not sure I'd wear lipstick if it weren't for this brand. I know I write in EVERY product review that I'm quite fair and cool toned but honestly when you're as fair and blue-toned as me, the selection of lipsticks that are wearable on my complexion is far and few between.

Enter Maybelline: I truly believe this brand is the most diverse (NYX is 2nd place) in terms of their lipsticks shades that can suit extremely fair and dark skin tones and a variety of undertones as well While many lipsticks are for medium toned skin, they always have something for the very fair or very dark. A lot of their products are slightly sheer and glossy looking, which in my opinion is perfect for every day - I don't want long-wearing, just subtle colors I can easily build up that feel comfortable on my lips.

I've wear other brands too but all the lipsticks that I fall in love with are Maybelline. A few of my fav all time shades: Lilac Flush, Born with It, Nude Lust

I have the color "Clay Crush". It's a beautiful warm toned color that still looks subdued on my fair (about nc15) skin, but not invisible. The formula is indeed creamy, it reminds me of NYX smlc formula, just in a stick. Lasts quite sometime without eating, with eating it fades too much in the middle of the lips so you have to reapply. At the four hour mark it gets a little drying. It will cling to dry cracked patches, so make sure your lips are nice and smooth.

However, I can't stand the fake vanilla/sweet smell it has going on. It's cloying. I am very sensitive to smells and can't wear this anymore because it's all I can taste and smell.

So I wrote a review about this lipstick before in a different red. I can’t praise these lipsticks enough. I wore Are You Reddy today and only had to apply after eating lunch and not once did I feel dry or feathering. I do use a lip liner but even with expensive lipsticks, if it isn’t a good formula, you end up dry and cracking, I’m looking at you Chanel😐. Anyways, really, these lipsticks are worth the gamble if you haven’t tried them and if you love reds, these are beautiful, no lie, I would repurchase over and over 👍👍👍

I bought this lipstick only after reading somewhere, that this particular lipstick is the 'MAC' (makeup) of all drugstore brands of lipstick.

I got color 450/Romantic Rose.

First off, the formulation was too 'slick' for my taste....not rich or creamy enough to have true staying power. But my biggest complaint??.... the smell!! The lipstick has a very strong sicky-sweet bubble gum odor. I would never buy this brand of lipstick again.

As for the overall packaging, I did like the slick shape, the clear purple plastic casing with the actual inner tube of lipstick visible through the exterior. I'm not sure if all drugstores do the following...or if it is just the particular store where I bought the lipstick but.... there was a big 'security' sticker all over the exterior of the case, which made the lipstick really look ugly in my purse. So after trying to rip off bits of the labelling, I then had to use steel wool and soapy water, to clean off all the gummy label.

Guess I'll be sticking with my usual NARS lipsticks!

Bought the shade born like it. Awful. On me it is a typical old lady shade, makes my lips look dead and dried out. Maybelline lipsticks are my enemy. Have not bought one that actually works for me. And yet, like a fool I keep trying.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've got it in the pinky-red shade 687 All Fired Up. They have a great color range, but somehow this is the single lipstick that I like color wise. All colors in the line are very pigmented and most of them are opaque in a single swipe.
All Fired Up appears to look different on me under different lighting. From bright pink-red to magenta.
The lipstick itself is super comfortable to wear. It doesn't feel like a matte lipstick, it feels creamy but doesn't go on the teeth.
It has a strong scent, not a bad one, but too strong for my liking.
This lipstick can survive a tea break, but won't hold through the lunch. Taking the remainings of before reapplying is necessary, otherwise, it will crump.
It is a good lipstick, but I won't buy it again.