Maybelline Color Sensational (All Shades)

3.8

Lanolin Liquida/Lanolin Oil, Sesamum Indicum Oil/Sesame Seed Oil, Oleyl Erucate, Cera Microcristallina/Microcrystalline Wax, PPG-5 Lanolin Wax, Acetylated Lanolin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Alumina, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylic Acid/Isobutyl Acrylate/Isobornylacrylate Copolymer, Parfum/Fragrance, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxhydrocinnamate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Alcohol, Tin Oxide, MEL/Honey, Polyethylene, Terephthalate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Pearl Powder, Dimethicone, ( /- May Contain Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77941, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 15850/Red 7, CI 45410/Red 28 Lake, CI 15985/Yellow 6 Lake, CI 45380/Red 22 Lake, CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090/Blue 1 Lake, CI 75470/Carmine)

I bought this lipstick only after reading somewhere, that this particular lipstick is the 'MAC' (makeup) of all drugstore brands of lipstick.

I got color 450/Romantic Rose.

First off, the formulation was too 'slick' for my taste....not rich or creamy enough to have true staying power. But my biggest complaint??.... the smell!! The lipstick has a very strong sicky-sweet bubble gum odor. I would never buy this brand of lipstick again.

As for the overall packaging, I did like the slick shape, the clear purple plastic casing with the actual inner tube of lipstick visible through the exterior. I'm not sure if all drugstores do the following...or if it is just the particular store where I bought the lipstick but.... there was a big 'security' sticker all over the exterior of the case, which made the lipstick really look ugly in my purse. So after trying to rip off bits of the labelling, I then had to use steel wool and soapy water, to clean off all the gummy label.

Guess I'll be sticking with my usual NARS lipsticks!

Bought the shade born like it. Awful. On me it is a typical old lady shade, makes my lips look dead and dried out. Maybelline lipsticks are my enemy. Have not bought one that actually works for me. And yet, like a fool I keep trying.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've got it in the pinky-red shade 687 All Fired Up. They have a great color range, but somehow this is the single lipstick that I like color wise. All colors in the line are very pigmented and most of them are opaque in a single swipe.
All Fired Up appears to look different on me under different lighting. From bright pink-red to magenta.
The lipstick itself is super comfortable to wear. It doesn't feel like a matte lipstick, it feels creamy but doesn't go on the teeth.
It has a strong scent, not a bad one, but too strong for my liking.
This lipstick can survive a tea break, but won't hold through the lunch. Taking the remainings of before reapplying is necessary, otherwise, it will crump.
It is a good lipstick, but I won't buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I freaking love this lipstick. I bought it (hesitantly) after watching a YouTube beauty video. I have brown skin, so it's usually hard for me to watch videos online and buy products that I can't see, because so often the colors are just wrong for me.

BUT THIS PRODUCT IS GREAT FOR ME!!!! I'm a caramel-y skin color, and this color is the perfect touch of spice for me. It's the lipstick I reach for the most, and I'm so sure that I'll purchase it again.

The matte doesn't dry your lips out, the pigmentation payoff is impressive, and it's creamy for a long time before its dry. I'm obsessed.

I definitely recommend it. I think this lipstick suits to fair-medium complexioned people.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I have one regular one of this line and 4 vivids. They're waxier and shinier than some other brands, as opposed to just creamy, but I still like them when I'm in the mood for that look. I oddly really do like the smell. They're not my favorite band but I do love the bold colors and have even repurchased. One thing with drugstore brands is always get a sale or coupon!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This was the first brand of lipstick I ever tried. They haven't changed that much and I love that because they are awesome. They are very creamy they come in different textures now which i don't remember that back in the day. I will always buy maybelline lip products they are all pretty good.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have about ten of these lipsticks. They are overpriced imo! $8 + tax for 1 i would rather buy 1 great lipstick for $17 from MAC. These aren’t bad but they should be $4-$5 not $8!! With that said I’d suggest buying wetnwild matte lipstick much better quality & $3 price tag. This is your basic lipstick but with a hyperinflated price tag. Go for LA Colors, ELF & wetnwild. I’ll always skip L’Oréal, Revlon, Covergirl & maybelline lipsticks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The intensity of the pigment is solid even with just one application, and the texture is creamy. It does have a fragrance, which doesn’t bother me too much. The red plastic tube feels flimsy and cheap. I would be open to trying other shades in the Color Sensational line, but Warm Me Up was not flattering on me. Against my light-medium, yellow NC20-NC25 coloring, it looks late 80s, early 90s pink.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The formula on the original (non-matte or metallic) version is decent, though it doesn't spread as nicely as similarly priced lipsticks. The strongest point of this line is the shade range, and the packaging is nice too. I find that these lipsticks turn (go bad) really quickly, much faster than lipsticks that I have from other brands.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have three of these that are all very different. However, I love them all! Firstly, I have Vivid Rose, which is a very vibrant cool pink shade. It's safe to say it's nearly fluorescent. I think it's great fun in the spring and summer though. The second shade I have is Orchid Ecstasy, a bright purple that's definitely on the cool side of things. It works really well on my olive complexion, and I have received tons of compliments. The third shade I have is Smoking Red, a deep and dark red shade that I usually tone down and can't wear straight from the bullet. It's just that strong and powerful! I tend to wear that one by applying it with a lip brush. All three shades I have apply smoothly, last for hours, and aren't too bad to transfer. They don't fully "set" like liquid lipsticks, but they don't wind up on everything like many other competing products do.

Popular Lipsticks