Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in Rockstar Pink

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in Rockstar Pink

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

I don't have a positive experience with glitter nail polishes- I've tried ones from Revlon, Topshop & Essence and all of them turned out to be gritty and gloopy, so I stayed away from glitter for a few years.
I decided to try again since SH was on sale and this glitter is just so pretty. I knew it will look good on top of dark purple nail polish.
I was surprised how pigmented it is! I applied it on top of Essie Sexy Divide- two coats are just enough for a great effect- I'm in love with this combo! It was easy to apply, the brush is not too wide which I personally like. It makes me want to try other SH glitter polishes.

This is a pretty glitter. Mostly pink but with flecks of blue and gold and a little red... I put mine on top of a light purple color. I never use glitter alone because it doesn't show up enough for me. I was a PAIN to get off...typical of glitter polish.

on 12/7/2015 11:27:00 AM

Sally Hansen's Rockstar Pink is a dense, multicolored microglitter. Three coats are needed for full opacity. And this polish is a near-dupe of Butter London's Lovely Jubbly.

Most of the glitter is a darker shade of hot pink/fuchsia with lots of teal and gold and red glitter thrown in. On the nail, this polish looks very busy- it's a borderline hot mess but the overall effect is still very cute and cheerful.

Application was so-so. This glitter polish was a little thick and gloopy, but it dried to a smooth non-gritty finish.

And removal is a snap as long as you use acetone.

I love these kinds of polishes- a lot of my very favorites are microglitters. But still, this one turned out a little tacky and juvenile-looking IMO.

Overall, I like it but I don't love it. Wouldn't buy it again.

on 7/21/2014 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was pleasantly surprise at how opaque this glitter polish was.
Like any glitter it was difficult to remove but it looked nice and went on easily.

When I first saw this nail color I knew I had to have it! Rockstar Pink is a glitter nail polish with mostly pink glitter. When you look closely at it you can see that it has blue, red, silver and gold and it is a very fine glitter, not chunky at all.

Usually when I buy glitter nail polish you need quite a few coats to make it look like it does in the bottle, or add a layer of colored polish underneath to make the glitter stand out. Not so with this baby! This is with just two coats! The formula is pretty thick and not runny at all. Another thing that I love about this nail polish is that it also dries really quickly.

This shit is DISGUSTINGLY tacky and I love it.

It was cheap, went on very smoothly and spread well. 2 coats and it's almost opaque, you could go for 3 if you don't feel like doing a base color, though.

For the whole manicure I used:

1x OPI Matte Nail Envy
1x Sally Hansen InstaGrip Base Coat
2x Nicole by OPI "Do Good...Feel Good"
2x Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Rockstar Pink
2x Sally Hansen InstaDri

Ummm wow that's 8 coats. Oh well, wanna make somethin' of it? I usually do this regime whenever I paint my nails, and it has fantastic staying power. My last manicure with the same # of coats lasted about 9 days with the only wear and tear happening at the tip. (Different base polish and different glitter polish, but same idea)

If it so happens that this stuff starts peeling off in sheets, I will update the review but for now I looooooove it!

on 10/20/2012 3:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Glad so many people liked this....I didn't. I do my nails every Sunday...is like a routine for me. I bought this because it drew my eye in CVS...extremely pretty!!! If you like glitter and bling like I do, you will be drawn to this! I did a base coat and then 2 coats of this and they were not thick coats. Within one day, I had chips....like hunks just fell away. So, I retouched them. Same thing. The glitter just fell off. I mean, I work in an office and do normal housework....am not that hard on my nails. So I did them on Sunday and (VERY RARE), removed the polish on Wednesday. In fact, thankfully I didn't have a problem getting it off because I pulled on the edge and the entire sheet came off most of my nails! I repolished on Wednesday with something else...I found this to be a huge waste of money. Pros: very pretty!!! Con's: Does not wear well and touchups are a disaster. Maybe the other colors of Xtreme Wear are better (without glitter!), but this one was a no-go for me. Threw it in the trash after one use.
Update: I had removed the polish from my fingers on Wednesday, but not my toes. When I went to remove it...omg, it took forever!!! I was using pure acetone remover and it was a project to remove!! I should just stay away from glitter polish altogether...most are hard to get off.

on 10/14/2012 9:48:00 PM

Love. Thick glitter, lasted for 3 weeks on my toes. Soooo sparkly! But, as with most glitter polish, it takes a bit of work to remove it. lol. Still worth it though!

on 6/4/2012 9:45:00 PM

Absolutely fantastic! The colour is incredibly pretty, two layers and it's perfect.

EDIT: As much as I love the look of this, when you have to take it off with nail polish remover, it is SUCH a big pain. Nail polishes with sparkle/glitter in them are super annoying.

on 2/26/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

such a beautiful unique glitter that goes opaque in 2-3 coats! i love it!

Popular Polishes