Chanel Glossimer

Chanel Glossimer
Chanel Glossimer - old formula ingredients (disconGlossimerGlossimer Collection as of 1/12/11

4.3

I avoided gloss for such a long time, but I saw a commercial and I decided to give Chanel glossimer a try. I got this in Burgeoisie. It has some sparkling particles that only few of the glossimers have, but on the lips it doesn't show that much so it doesn't bother me.
I like this gloss so much, it is not sticky and I cannot believe how long it lasts. I thought it would fade in 30 minutes, but if I don't eat or drink it stays on 2-3 hours. And it fades away beautifully.
I'm going to buy another color soon, next one will not be sparkly.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am not a lipstick nor a lipgloss gal, so why am I giving such a glowing review?
Well...
Jump back in time with me:
I was married and it sucked.
I couldn't stand my then husband, I didn't want him near me, let alone touching me or (gag) trying to kiss me.

Sooooo...
I made sure, every single night, to have a huge box of super jumbo Tampax in evidence on the toilet tank.
I bought a tube of Monistat which I squeezed partly and left on the sink.
And absolutely every single day, I wore this lipgloss.
I also used Lancôme Juicy Tubes for the same purpose.

You see, this stuff is dynamite:
It looks glass-like, über shiny and bright, you see it from miles away like the butt of a rutting baboon on display, my ex was blissfully completely turned off by this.
And then he'd see the Tampax and the Monistat in the bathroom and...

I was able to chill without having to refuse the advances of said soon to be ex husband.

I am forever indebted to Chanel's Glossimer lip goopy stuff. 10 stars.

on 1/10/2016 1:17:00 AM

I looove this! I have one in the shade "beige star" and its a really pretty nude beige leaning ont he pinky side of beige (not brown). It looks really pretty on and I have very fair porcelain skin! I can't wait to collect even more shades!! The texture is perfect, it doesnt feel super sticky, it feels weightless and moisturizing! Also, I love that these have NO fragrance, I would rather NOT have fragrance in my makeup when possible.

Pros
-lasts (3+ hours, without eating or drinking)
-non sticky feel
-weightless
-beautiful color
-no scent

cons
(none)

on 3/12/2015 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I just recently purchased one of these glosses after not having one for many years. I remembered how awesome they used to be; the staying power was amazing....I owned several. But this new one I purchased doesn't seem the same at all...I feel it has no more staying power than a cheaper gloss, and the pigmentation is not what it used to be either. Very disappointed, won't be purchasing again, especially for the price I paid.

on 12/28/2014 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this gloss in a few colors (sadly, my favorite is being discontinued...Savage Grace). I love the plush-like texture and it's SO shiny. It stays on all day and really only needs reapplying after eating. The gloss is not quite as sticky as you may expect for it being so long lasting. I would say it's not as tacky as Clinique Long Last Glosswear or Lancme Juicy Tubes, which are some other long wearing glosses with which I am familiar. It is overall a very nice gloss...long wearing, shiny, perfect texture...probably worth the price.

on 7/30/2014 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love glossimers - but man, oh man are they expensive.
I can never remember the number/naming system either.

on 6/19/2014 8:17:00 PM

i just added 'happy' to my collection and love it! HG over romance in channels moisturizing lipstick line.. i have dry lips so these save me :)

on 5/24/2014 12:55:00 AM

Love this stuff! Wish I did not due to the price but I'am in love with the colors and the way they feel. I have 4 of them but my favorite color is Amour!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

3/24/17: I've got about 25 of these they are the best ever. I love moscato, I have all of the nude shades & some of the bright shades like sirocco & bitter orange I just adore these. I've added 12 to my collex this month becoz it was my 4-0th bday so my daddy & mom spoilt me!!!
---
Original review: My fave lipgloss!! Favest ever!! I have twinkle, unity, & brilliance (peach gold shimmer, brown MLBB, & bubblegum light pink frost 80s shade)... All unique & different, luv them all!! I am going to get more of them tomorrow & I am so psyched!! Read a lot of reviews & researched so I hope the ones I want aren't DC or out of stock. Chanel is the ultimate in luxury. US$29.50 is a lot but omg worth every penny of it. Soooo addictive!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It's ok.... Not as sticky as some of my other lip gloss's but overtime Ido feel that my lips become very dry and chapped from them.

Popular Lip Glosses