Chanel Glossimer

Chanel Glossimer
Chanel Glossimer - old formula ingredients (disconGlossimerGlossimer Collection as of 1/12/11

4.3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am not a lipstick nor a lipgloss gal, so why am I giving such a glowing review?
Well...
Jump back in time with me:
I was married and it sucked.
I couldn't stand my then husband, I didn't want him near me, let alone touching me or (gag) trying to kiss me.

Sooooo...
I made sure, every single night, to have a huge box of super jumbo Tampax in evidence on the toilet tank.
I bought a tube of Monistat which I squeezed partly and left on the sink.
And absolutely every single day, I wore this lipgloss.
I also used Lancôme Juicy Tubes for the same purpose.

You see, this stuff is dynamite:
It looks glass-like, über shiny and bright, you see it from miles away like the butt of a rutting baboon on display, my ex was blissfully completely turned off by this.
And then he'd see the Tampax and the Monistat in the bathroom and...

I was able to chill without having to refuse the advances of said soon to be ex husband.

I am forever indebted to Chanel's Glossimer lip goopy stuff. 10 stars.

on 1/10/2016 1:17:00 AM

I looove this! I have one in the shade "beige star" and its a really pretty nude beige leaning ont he pinky side of beige (not brown). It looks really pretty on and I have very fair porcelain skin! I can't wait to collect even more shades!! The texture is perfect, it doesnt feel super sticky, it feels weightless and moisturizing! Also, I love that these have NO fragrance, I would rather NOT have fragrance in my makeup when possible.

Pros
-lasts (3+ hours, without eating or drinking)
-non sticky feel
-weightless
-beautiful color
-no scent

cons
(none)

on 3/12/2015 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I just recently purchased one of these glosses after not having one for many years. I remembered how awesome they used to be; the staying power was amazing....I owned several. But this new one I purchased doesn't seem the same at all...I feel it has no more staying power than a cheaper gloss, and the pigmentation is not what it used to be either. Very disappointed, won't be purchasing again, especially for the price I paid.

on 12/28/2014 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this gloss in a few colors (sadly, my favorite is being discontinued...Savage Grace). I love the plush-like texture and it's SO shiny. It stays on all day and really only needs reapplying after eating. The gloss is not quite as sticky as you may expect for it being so long lasting. I would say it's not as tacky as Clinique Long Last Glosswear or Lancme Juicy Tubes, which are some other long wearing glosses with which I am familiar. It is overall a very nice gloss...long wearing, shiny, perfect texture...probably worth the price.

on 7/30/2014 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love glossimers - but man, oh man are they expensive.
I can never remember the number/naming system either.

on 6/19/2014 8:17:00 PM

i just added 'happy' to my collection and love it! HG over romance in channels moisturizing lipstick line.. i have dry lips so these save me :)

on 5/24/2014 12:55:00 AM

Love this stuff! Wish I did not due to the price but I'am in love with the colors and the way they feel. I have 4 of them but my favorite color is Amour!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My fave lipgloss!! Favest ever!! I have twinkle, unity, & brilliance (peach gold shimmer, brown MLBB, & bubblegum light pink frost 80s shade)... All unique & different, luv them all!! I am going to get more of them tomorrow & I am so psyched!! Read a lot of reviews & researched so I hope the ones I want aren't DC or out of stock. Chanel is the ultimate in luxury. US$29.50 is a lot but omg worth every penny of it. Soooo addictive!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It's ok.... Not as sticky as some of my other lip gloss's but overtime Ido feel that my lips become very dry and chapped from them.

on 2/14/2013 4:22:00 PM

Chanel's Glossimer is some of the BEST lipgloss I have ever used. It comes in a really vast variety of shades and colors, and while its tacky enough to have shine/color, it isn't sticky or tacky like the MAC lipglass. I prefer to use it over a lip balm, so it feels even less sticky (I hate having sticky lips).

I tend to like this gloss in the sparkly colors, because they go on sheer and have a ridiculous amount of sparkle (exactly what I want)! I have so many colors (at least 15), so I can't name them all. My advice is if you like a color, get it because some do get discontinued.

None of these have a very long lasting color, and they are all sheer. So don't expect what you see in the tube to be what you see on your lips, and expect to reapply often. Especially if you eat or drink, these come right off! But you can expect a lot of shine, sparkle etc.! I highly recommend :)