Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water

Sephora  Triple Action Cleansing Water

3.8

Water, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propanediol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Poloxamer 184, Fragrance, Tetrasodium Edta, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Zinc Gluconate, Butylene Glycol, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, D-Limonene, Linalool, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, BHT.

on 6/27/2016 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Sephora's version of micellar water is basically on par/a dupe for Bioderma's as far as performance goes. For me the key to a good micellar water is that it is gentle/non-irritating on the eyes, non-drying, and also does not leave behind any sort of film. This one definitely checks those boxes. Caveat that I use this as the first step in a double cleanse and sometimes in the morning if I chose not to exfoliate; given that, I cannot say if this is better, on par, or lesser than Bioderma's when it comes to makeup removal. What I can say is that it does a very good job of makeup removal as a first step product, as well as gentle on the skin.

Some have said this is more affordable than Bioderma but that's not really the case per oz. I have Sephora's 13.5 oz which is $20.00; Bioderma's runs $17.00 for 16.9+/500ml. With that in mind I'd most likely purchase the Bioderma over Sephora's if given the chance simply because the price is slightly better and it has less ingredients in it. But since Bioderma isn't sold in any stores near me, it's way more convenient to just grab Sephora's and skip the shipping costs for an online order and wait time.

I'm giving this product the same rating as I'd give any good micellar water, which is 4 stars. I can't really do 5 stars because...well, it's just a water toner really - it's not a life or game changer IMO. I have tried a ton of micellars and I find the Sephora version is on par if not the same as Bioderma (17.00), Dr. Jart (32.00), and even the pricy Guerlain Eau de Beauté (60.00). The Sephora version is way better better than all of the drug store versions out there but it doesn't hold a candle to say Dior's Lilly micellar or Embryolisse Lotion Micellaire.

on 5/5/2016 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This in my opinion is a solid micellar water, but not the best one.
I have the one where you press your cotton pad on the pump to soak it with the product. Which I do like, but you need to be very careful to cover the whole thing with your cotton pad, otherwise it will squirt product all over your bathroom walls. My skin doesn't have a particularly bad reaction to it, but I do feel a slight stinginess/tightness right after using. I also feel like the fragrance to it does my skin no good. I prefer the Bioderma one much better to this, that one feels like pure, mild skin goodness, no stinginess, no smell, just comfort.

Pro:
- cleanses face as it should
- feels relatively comfortable on the skin
- doesn't strip your face from moisture
- smells nice
- good amount of product
- nice package design

Con:
- cruelty free?
- I feel like the fragrance is more irritating for the skin than nourishing
- you have to learn to work the packaging

To Read all 43 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/11/2016 6:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Sephora's Triple Action Cleansing Water is the second micellar water that I've tried (the first was Simple brand) and I much prefer this one. It is gentle on my skin, which is especially important as I am using this to remove (non-waterproof) eye makeup, and does a pretty good job of taking off everything that needs to come off my face. I personally prefer rinsing with a little warm water afterward to remove any residue, but not because of any discomfort or dislike of the product. I will continue using this as an alternative to a harsher cleanser at night.

on 2/8/2016 6:06:00 AM

Ummm, it just burned my skin where I now have hot, red, flaky patches on my face (thankfully I used it most on only one side of my face). so yeah, not satisfied and most definitely will not be repurchasing, despite it claiming to be dermatologically tested and suitable for sensitive skin. Such a shame though, because I was really hoping that this would be a cheaper alternative to the removers that I usually use and hoped that it would be my new HG product.

initially used this as my cleansing water. left too much stickiness after. also they need to fix the Canadian packaging on the small size. It leaks everywhere. I found a cheaper, better packaged cleanser at the drugstore that does the same job sans the oil as well. Wouldn't really recommend this anymore.

on 8/29/2015 12:56:00 AM

This is the first micellar water I've ever used so I don't have anything to compare it to. I guess I like the idea of it being a makeup remover you can use without having to worry about washing off as well. However, it doesn't remove makeup all that well and I don't like that it's heavily fragranced and on top of that it irritates my skin. So for me this is a no.

on 6/25/2015 4:52:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have to admit that I don't really get the hype about micellar water? I like the fact that it's gentle, and doesn't strip your skin of all its moisture. But the Sephora Cleansing water, imo, does a below-average job of removing makeup (especially eye makeup), and leaves a bit of a filmy-feeling residue on my skin.

I love the packaging with the built-in pump. The product smells nice and it does leave my skin feeling soft. It just takes QUITE a bit of effort to use this as your sole makeup remover, and I still feel like I need to use another product to get my skin completely clean afterwards. Since I'm using a separate cleanser anyway, it kind of defeats the whole point of the micellar water's gentleness. Also, even though it's opthamologist-approved, this cleanser stings my eyes quite a bit.

I have combo/oily, acne-prone skin, so maybe this just isn't the right makeup remover for my skin type. Still, I just don't feel like this product lived up to the stellar reviews I've heard/read.

The only cleansing water I have to compare this to is the Simple one. This one cleans good, removes makeup great, and leaves my skin smooth and hydrated. I bought the big bottle and I think you get a lot for the money. The only reason I rate Simple a little higher is because it doesn't sting my eyes like the Sephora cleansing water. Neither cleansing water removes eye makeup very well so I use the Bliss gel eye makeup remover or the Sephora gel eye makeup remover.

on 12/5/2014 6:47:00 AM

love this! There's been a recent micellar water cleanser craze/trend and I decided to give this a shot. I know some people have complained that it leaves their face dry after using it and I do feel that it does a little bit. But it's not really a big problem for me since I still use a cleanser, toner and moisturizer after this. I use this solely as a makeup removal even though it states that you can skip the cleanser after this but I personally don't feel it's clean enough for me. it even removes waterproof makeup really well! I use the stila stay all day eyeliner and most of it comes off in one wipe. I don't really use mascara a lot so I can't much about that though. I actually picked up the big bottle on a trip to Spain recently even though I've only just started using the regular sized one about a two months ago and still have awhile to go in finishing it. I love how refreshed my face feels after using it!

on 7/14/2014 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a solid cleansing water and beats out others due to the price. I use this as a precleanse to remove my sunscreen, then wash with a gentle foaming cleanser.