Eyeko Touch up & go concealer

Eyeko Touch up & go concealer

3.3

on 3/22/2010 5:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been trying to give more and more chances to this product as I really like some of Eyeko's products. but this one doesn't really work for me. first: the color, too dark and orange-y for my skin tone. I wish they made more colors because this does not match to skin tones like mine! not too bad, actually because the second main "no" point about it is the texture, which is too thin and hardly covers anything. It doesn't really change anything about my undereye dark circles. it's just really smooth in the application and really like the effect on skin, really silky, but doesn't work as a concealer for me unfortunately.
I really like the packaging, though. easy to apply and super handy. but apart from this I am afraid I won't buy it again. :(

on 3/16/2010 11:53:00 AM

Awesome HG undereye corrector!! Just had to show this product some love by writing a review since it doesn't have that many for whatever reason. I love this stuff! I've been using it regularly for 6 months now. It is a true peach shade that immediately 'corrects' undereye circles. The coverage is not full, but I use this as my 'corrector' before my concealer, and it's perfect! It does not settle or cake into fine lines or wrinkles, which is essential!! It literally sinks right into my undereye skin, which is perfect for a corrector since you don't want a cakey product for under your eyes. I have many high end corrector/concealers including Lancome's Flash Retouche, which is a high end dupe for this, and I prefer my Eyeko since the Lancome doesn't blend as well & also cakes. So I will use my Eyeko first with a more heavy hand to 'correct', and then use only a touch of my Lancome or daily concealer of choice over it to 'conceal'. I have extremely sensitive undereyes, and I've had no adverse reactions whatsoever with this! I will be repurchasing, since it's definitely my HG undereye corrector!

on 1/9/2010 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

As far as illuminating concealers go, this is just so-so. As far as I'm aware it's only available in one shade, which is too bad. I have medium-olive skin and it's too dark and orange-y for me, so I imagine it'd be no good for lighter skins.
The packaging is cute, and I'm always a fan of pen concealers. It applies nicely, although the consistency of the concealer is a bit thin so it doesn't offer a lot of coverage. If you want to do a lot of concealing, whether for dark circles or blemishes, you'd be better off with a thicker product.

I had real problems with this product when I first tried it.
It takes a long time twisting before any product appears on the brush.
The pen is only half full, 2.2g of concealer.
It comes out in a big blob and is far too much product to apply directly to your skin, I dabbed it on my hand first before applying under my eyes.
It concealed nothing, absolutely nothing. Very disappointed.
But then I discovered something wonderful about this product.
It works really well as a primer for mineral powder concealer and foundation.
I applied my normal concealer and foundation over the top and my shadows were gone, the skin was plump, lines disappeared and the look was flawless.
The effect lasted ALL day.
This has now become a daily part of my routine, one of my favourite products and I love it!!
The brush is just the right shape for getting into those hard to reach places around the eyes and I will continue to use the brush with other products long after the concealer is finished. Its a great brush.
For me Touch & Go not so good as a concealer but a fantastic moisturiser and primer.
It loses only one lippy because of the tiny amount of product only.