Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lip Gloss (All Colors)

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.1

C18-36 ACID TRIGLYCERIDE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, POLYBUTENE, TRIDECYL TRIMELLITATE, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, LIMONENE, ALUMINA, SILICA, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, ETHYL MENTHANE CARBOXAMIDE, TIN OXIDE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, MEL/HONEY, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, CITRAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYPALMITOYL SPHINGANINE, LINALOOL, DIMETHICONE, FIL D36361/1

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Felt very sticky and had a very disgusting taste. I think it dried out my lips more than anything and the sparkle shimmer was too much.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this at a discount at a Christmas tree shop (the retail chain) In the shade 'Coral heat' This is an amazing summer colour, and will definitely go with me to Colorado in a few months. It's not sticky, the formula and applicator feel amazing.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

First of all let me say, I'm not a lip gloss fan at all. I don't like how it feels on my lips, and I certainly don't appreciate random strands of my hair being glued to my mouth whenever a light breeze decides to blow. I'm more of a matte/satin lip lover and that's usually what I always stick with.
Then I chanced upon this little gem whilst enjoying a swatch-athon at my local Boots with my friend. It seemed inconspicuous enough to warrant a try so I picked up the shade 'naked star' and decided to give it a go. It definitely exceeded my expectations.
This is a lip gloss without the sticky gloopiness that accompanies most lip glosses. It goes on smoothly, the consistency isn't too runny and the finish is nice and shimmery. The packaging is nice and slim, compact enough to carry around without any hassle.
This specific shade looks great on my skin-tone (Mac NC30) and can be worn over a nude lipstick, or even a pink one to neutralise it a touch. I really like how 'naked star' looks on my lips (I've tried some other shades but this one is definitely my favourite out of the lot) so I will definitely repurchase it when I run out. Let's just say, this lip gloss has convinced me into giving lip glosses another chance.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have the Colour coffee kiss which is a nude browny beige with hints of glitter. its very natural, light and non sticky. I would say it lasts for a long time but touch ups would be needed.
Lastly the sleek packaging is absolutely adorable and purse friendly.it is fairly inexpensive. however this is not a absolute must have in your collection

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this lipgloss in the colour 460 "electric orange", a beautiful colour. Whilst it is a somewhat pigmented gloss, the staying power and moisture just wasn't up to parr for me.

I found that it didn't keep my lips moisturised for very long, accentuated dryness, and also feathered on my lips.

Another thing I didn't like was that it had a sweet taste. This is just a personal issue, and I am aware that some people like this aspect in a product, but I personally don't like that in lip products, because it makes me feel like the product builds up plaque on my teeth (again, just a personal issue).

The packaging is great, simple, and doesn't leek, but unfortunately the contents aren't too great. If I had to reccomend a drugstore lipgloss, it would have to be the Revlon Super Lustrous lipglosses.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this a while back so I don't remember the name of the color, but it was a corally light medium pink with shimmer. It was so sheer as it just looked like clear sparkly gloss which I didn't like. My air said it looked cute on me but it wasn't my style. Also the smell. It's just bad. An artificial super strong fruit scent. Not pleasant but bearable. It wasn't sticky but I just didn't like it. Also the packaging is cheap, the new ones are a lot nicer and classier.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I usually don't wear lip glosses but I really wanted to get a mlbb color and some youtube beauty gurus recommended the color Iced Chocolate. It is a nude pinky brown. It is so pretty. It is semi-sheer and has great color pay off. This would look good alone or over nude lipsticks. The lip gloss itself is really light and glossy but not gooey, tacky, and sticky! Highly recommend because it is not sticky at all :)

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I bought this gloss in Plum Luster after failing to locate the elusive Mirrored Plum shade anywhere in the universe. I am very pleasantly surprised with this gloss. It is beautifully opaque, shiny, long wearing (even after eating), and doesn't bleed. That is a lot more than can be said for many high end brands!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

First up: the scent! It is fruity, but in a plasticy kind of way. It's gag inducing, honestly. If this was the most amazing lipgloss in the world, I still wouldn't repurchase based on smell alone. I can't deal with that. Now, once on the lips, this lipgloss seems to be a nice barbie pink color. It's pretty. However, in about thirty minutes, it oxidizes into the ugly dark pink/purple color that looks and feels...dirty. I think it cost around seven dollars. I think people who are just beginning with makeup would like this more than I do, but I wouldn't reccomend this to them since I know there are better lipglosses that cost less.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Great looking, classy lipgloss, it doesn't have staying power, but anyway, it looks and feels good and it is cheap so reapplying is not wasteful. Will buy again and try more colours.