Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss (All Colors)

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

4.4

C18-36 ACID TRIGLYCERIDE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, POLYBUTENE, TRIDECYL TRIMELLITATE, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, LIMONENE, ALUMINA, SILICA, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, ETHYL MENTHANE CARBOXAMIDE, TIN OXIDE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, MEL/HONEY, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, CITRAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYPALMITOYL SPHINGANINE, LINALOOL, DIMETHICONE, FIL D36361/1

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Felt very sticky and had a very disgusting taste. I think it dried out my lips more than anything and the sparkle shimmer was too much.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

First of all let me say, I'm not a lip gloss fan at all. I don't like how it feels on my lips, and I certainly don't appreciate random strands of my hair being glued to my mouth whenever a light breeze decides to blow. I'm more of a matte/satin lip lover and that's usually what I always stick with.
Then I chanced upon this little gem whilst enjoying a swatch-athon at my local Boots with my friend. It seemed inconspicuous enough to warrant a try so I picked up the shade 'naked star' and decided to give it a go. It definitely exceeded my expectations.
This is a lip gloss without the sticky gloopiness that accompanies most lip glosses. It goes on smoothly, the consistency isn't too runny and the finish is nice and shimmery. The packaging is nice and slim, compact enough to carry around without any hassle.
This specific shade looks great on my skin-tone (Mac NC30) and can be worn over a nude lipstick, or even a pink one to neutralise it a touch. I really like how 'naked star' looks on my lips (I've tried some other shades but this one is definitely my favourite out of the lot) so I will definitely repurchase it when I run out. Let's just say, this lip gloss has convinced me into giving lip glosses another chance.

Although I can't say much for the others colors as I only own one, I found the lip gloss itself to be fantastic. The color that I purchased was 'Electric Shock', which is a bright fuchsia like Barbie pink, which I'm not in love with but it was on clearance at Target for less than four dollars, and I figured since it's Maybelline I might as well pick it up.
The packaging is simple, with no label which came as a bit of a surprise, but it still resembled something almost high end. It has a doe foot applicator, as many lip glosses do and I personally prefer because of the smooth application.
The gloss itself is not sticky in the least, and is very moisturizing on the lips. Others seem to have been mention there being not much pigmentation, but the shade I got it in is very pigmented and can be built up/blended depending on how you want the color to pay off. I was quite surprised with the lasting power; it left a pink stain that wasn't too harsh in the slightest throughout the entire day, even after eating or drinking. You may have to apply once more if you want it to look the way you put it on, which is sort of obvious since it's a gloss. There may be some minor faults, like it could appear to settle in the lines of your lips and not look so great, but overall for the price you're getting it, I'd say it's a fantastic gloss. As for smell, I didn't personally think it was too bad and it has a bit of a citrus-y scent to it, but that's all subjective.

Pros:
Simple yet chic packaging
Affordable
Staying power
Pigmentation (at least in certain shades)
Not too sticky

Cons:
Can settle in the lines of your lips

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Great looking, classy lipgloss, it doesn't have staying power, but anyway, it looks and feels good and it is cheap so reapplying is not wasteful. Will buy again and try more colours.

I've fallen in love with this lipgloss I went to the PX on base and they had this lipgloss on Clarence for $2.50 so I got this in broadway bronze the color is so beautiful and long lasting it really mosturizes your lips and not that stick lipgloss feel either! I can't wait to go back tommorrow and stock up on more colors whether it's on clearance or not!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lip gloss! I've been using it for almost a year, and it's great. It stays on a long time when i wear it over my lipstick. I wear it in plum tastic, and the color is really pretty!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am 100% in love with this lip gloss! I purchased Born With It as apart of a buy one get on offer to try it out and I have now found my HG lip gloss. I have very pigmented lips so the sheer colour of the gloss gives my lips that nice shine with out making my lips look over done. Looks amazing when layering over lipstick ( works well when matched with Nearly There form the colour sensationals lip stick range) .Maybelline have made a top quality gloss thaat we can all afford and easily accessable so a big thumbs up to that. Yes there is a scent to the product but it is not something that is too over powering and after a few minutes you do not notice it. The packaging is nice and slim which makes it easy to carry and is the perfect size to fit in your purse or clutch for touch ups. I am very pleased with this gloss and look forwarsd to trying more in the collection.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

3/24/10 EDIT

I bought all 12 of these of ebay for about 20 bucks, including shipping (great deal!!) and I love every single one, I tried on every color and they all work well for me. They are sheer but yet not too sheer, have a great feel and smell good, I love them so much!

Just bought this today at my local Rite aid (for about 6 bucks and some change) I was actually looking for the lipstick in Born With it and the gloss ( wanted to wear them together) but they didn't have the lipstick so I opted to get the gloss in Raspberry sorbet (#55). At first I thought it was gonna be to bright, but when I got home and played with it it's really sheer, but still a pigmented pretty pink not a lot of sparkle which i like. I love it is a great gloss, not sticky or too thick. Perfect! I can't wait to wear it out on date night with my hubby!! Good price too, I am sure it will come down as it is a new product, but at 6 bucks so worth it.