Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lip Gloss (All Colors)

Filtered by hair type : Other

3.9

C18-36 ACID TRIGLYCERIDE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, POLYBUTENE, TRIDECYL TRIMELLITATE, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, LIMONENE, ALUMINA, SILICA, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, ETHYL MENTHANE CARBOXAMIDE, TIN OXIDE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, MEL/HONEY, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, CITRAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYPALMITOYL SPHINGANINE, LINALOOL, DIMETHICONE, FIL D36361/1

these are great lip glosses to be worn alone, they dont work so well for layering, they tend to almost bunch up a bit

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I can't believe the good reviews!
I have used only Lancome lip glosses, but I run out and was desperate to try some affordable options.

Color Sensational Lip Gloss is simply awful! It's sticky, smells bad and + lasts for my lips only few hours - who has the patience to reapply the gloss every few hours?
Also - the applicator is simply silly. The lower lip is fine, but to apply on the upper you have to try so hard as it's so hard to work with.

Very dissapointed.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this at a discount at a Christmas tree shop (the retail chain) In the shade 'Coral heat' This is an amazing summer colour, and will definitely go with me to Colorado in a few months. It's not sticky, the formula and applicator feel amazing.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

i like these i only have 2 tho, i prefer more of non shimmery gloss so the pink and orange ones were the only without shimmer

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

First of all let me say, I'm not a lip gloss fan at all. I don't like how it feels on my lips, and I certainly don't appreciate random strands of my hair being glued to my mouth whenever a light breeze decides to blow. I'm more of a matte/satin lip lover and that's usually what I always stick with.
Then I chanced upon this little gem whilst enjoying a swatch-athon at my local Boots with my friend. It seemed inconspicuous enough to warrant a try so I picked up the shade 'naked star' and decided to give it a go. It definitely exceeded my expectations.
This is a lip gloss without the sticky gloopiness that accompanies most lip glosses. It goes on smoothly, the consistency isn't too runny and the finish is nice and shimmery. The packaging is nice and slim, compact enough to carry around without any hassle.
This specific shade looks great on my skin-tone (Mac NC30) and can be worn over a nude lipstick, or even a pink one to neutralise it a touch. I really like how 'naked star' looks on my lips (I've tried some other shades but this one is definitely my favourite out of the lot) so I will definitely repurchase it when I run out. Let's just say, this lip gloss has convinced me into giving lip glosses another chance.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I bought this gloss in Plum Luster after failing to locate the elusive Mirrored Plum shade anywhere in the universe. I am very pleasantly surprised with this gloss. It is beautifully opaque, shiny, long wearing (even after eating), and doesn't bleed. That is a lot more than can be said for many high end brands!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love these again I am a lipgloss junkie. I Love my lips to shine and look great. These are very cheap and do a great job for the money. The smell is not over powering and the consistany of the product is great. These lipgloss are great they have more then enough colors and every one that is looking for a gloss will find a color that they like. Try these if you have not. I get the ones that go with the lipstick that I have. Which is almost all of them.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Bought this tonight as a replacement for my BE Buxom gloss (I couldn't afford to replace that right now). I have to say that I am very pleased. I bought #055- Rasberry Sorbet.

The color payoff is wonderful - it's just slightly less coverage than a full lipstick. I was sort of wary of the sparkle/shimmer/pearly specks in the tube, but I was pretty suprised that they aren't noticeable once it's applied.

The formula, in my opinion is awesome. It is incredibly smooth and creamy and it doesn't feel like a traditional lipgloss. I first put in my dark car as soon as I bought it. I couldn't see well but when I felt the texture I was almost positive that there was no shine because it just felt too velvety. I was expecting to go home and find a matte color. I was super stoked to see that it actually did shine like a gloss too. Score!

As for the smell - it's a very light orange-y taste. It certainly isn't the worst I have encountered, but not awesome either. It wouldn't prevent me from buying it again, however. Unless you are really sensitive to smells and tastes, this won't be a problem for you.

I hate the packaging...it looks way cheap (but, it was, so you get what you pay for I suppose). There is no label on the outside body and it just looks very retro to me. Maybe I'm vain, but I'd rather spend extra money for a prettier package (think Dior glosses) to carry around in public.

This gloss was worth the $5.68 I paid for it and I'd buy it again for sure, but it won't be one that I carry with me mainly because the packaging is ugly. I'll keep it in my makeup drawer for use before going out and touch up with something else during the day.

I picked up 2 of these glosses this week from Rite Aid: 'Luminous Lilac' and 'Pinata Pink' which are both (I believe) limited edition, so I might go back and pick up a few more before they're gone.

I've been on the hunt for a lipgloss to replace my beloved Luxiva (Merle Norman) Delites tube gloss, which unfortuneately, are being discontined (why, I have no clue, as they are a top seller of the line, and a big hit here @ MUA). Anyway, I think I found a pretty good replacement, although not totally the same, but pretty close. I prefer the squeeze tube that the Delites offer, but I can live with the doe-foot appicator of this gloss (I can't stand glosses that have brushes; to me, the application is streaky and just plain terrible).

These glosses feel great on the lips and seem to last a fair amount of time (I need to reply after eating, but that's no big deal). No stickiness, and wears like both a gloss/lip moisturizer and a lipstick (same as my beloved Luxiva glosses) and they smell (and taste) great! The 'Lumonus Lilac' shade is more like a cool pinky-rose that is gorgeous and is like the shade of my lips. The other one that I have is 'Pinata Pink', a light peachy pink that goes on lighter than it looks in the tube but that's fine with me;sometimes I wear this over the luminous lilac shade or a lipstick.

Overall, these are a nice substitute for my Delites liglosses and I will definitely buy again, plus you can't beat the great price tag. Check these out; I promise you that you will love them!:)

I got two of the new colors for spring. one is Strawberry Glaze and the other is triple yum. I love them there not sticky or smelly. There morsturising and very pretty colors. There my fave glosses besides the ones I have from TheBalm. I love them and am getting more colors.