Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss (All Colors)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

3.8

C18-36 ACID TRIGLYCERIDE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, POLYBUTENE, TRIDECYL TRIMELLITATE, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, LIMONENE, ALUMINA, SILICA, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, ETHYL MENTHANE CARBOXAMIDE, TIN OXIDE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, MEL/HONEY, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, CITRAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYPALMITOYL SPHINGANINE, LINALOOL, DIMETHICONE, FIL D36361/1

I bought this lip gloss in the electric orange shade, i was very disapointed the colour didnt suit me at all! I found it was overpriced for what it was, it didnt stay on for long at all i found my self reapplying it all the time. I dont use this product anymore.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this lipgloss in the colour 460 "electric orange", a beautiful colour. Whilst it is a somewhat pigmented gloss, the staying power and moisture just wasn't up to parr for me.

I found that it didn't keep my lips moisturised for very long, accentuated dryness, and also feathered on my lips.

Another thing I didn't like was that it had a sweet taste. This is just a personal issue, and I am aware that some people like this aspect in a product, but I personally don't like that in lip products, because it makes me feel like the product builds up plaque on my teeth (again, just a personal issue).

The packaging is great, simple, and doesn't leek, but unfortunately the contents aren't too great. If I had to reccomend a drugstore lipgloss, it would have to be the Revlon Super Lustrous lipglosses.

i could probably write a book of all the reasons why i am absolutely in love with these glosses but i'll save you the time and effort and instead will write dot points.

pros;
-great pigmentation
-wonderful smell
-i love them
-feel super creamy on the lips
-none sticky
-do not taste gross
-did i mention i love them?
-great color selection
-inexpensive
- and i love them

cons;
-if you have one you will get addicted and will want to get every single color in the line!

okay i really tried to find a real con for these.... i swear i did but i cannot find one. that is just further proof of how awesome these really are!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this a while back so I don't remember the name of the color, but it was a corally light medium pink with shimmer. It was so sheer as it just looked like clear sparkly gloss which I didn't like. My air said it looked cute on me but it wasn't my style. Also the smell. It's just bad. An artificial super strong fruit scent. Not pleasant but bearable. It wasn't sticky but I just didn't like it. Also the packaging is cheap, the new ones are a lot nicer and classier.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I usually don't wear lip glosses but I really wanted to get a mlbb color and some youtube beauty gurus recommended the color Iced Chocolate. It is a nude pinky brown. It is so pretty. It is semi-sheer and has great color pay off. This would look good alone or over nude lipsticks. The lip gloss itself is really light and glossy but not gooey, tacky, and sticky! Highly recommend because it is not sticky at all :)

I love this stuff! I just got my first tube yesterday in the clearence section at walgreens for 97 cents! It was a steal! The color I got was 250 riveting rose its beautiful! Its very pigmented light moisturizing and smooth feeling! I will buy all the rest of the colors!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this product!! It makes perfect lips and it is not very expensive.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Just by the looks of the outside packaging, this is meant for fun, for the young who hasn't ventured too much into makeup. That's why I accept the scent which is fruity and plasticky. I like that it has SPF. It is very moisturizing upon application but I find myself reapplying before the hour has passed -- what a waste of time. I've seen this on a young twenty-yr-old SA at Shoppers and it looks so natural on her even though she said she didn't like it as it wasnt her usual colour (guessing she was about NC10-15). On my NC25-30 skintone, it was too bright pink for my pigmented lips. After awhile, my lips looked like I cake-y mess: garish pink frosting that settled on lines within my lips (not outside). This would only work on very plump, young lips…which I think the product was targeted for. No, this is going in the trash.

I gave 2 for overall rating as I think it works for its target audience. I also gave a 2 for packaging quality as its design probably appeals to preteens and teens. I also approve that it is affordable for the target. For those beyond 18, stay away.

Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium

Yes Id buy this again. Its a soft, creamy, non-sticky lipgloss. The colour payoff isnt as great as the ad says BUT is better than most lipglosses!!!! Id buy this again, as my lips seem to love it :)

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love these lip glosses. After spending a small fortune on a bunch of Buxoms over the past few years, I got tired of my family complaining when I kissed them with the "burning lipstick." Plus, my $20 a pop lip gloss habit was hurting our budget. I was surprised when a chic friend recommended the ColorSensational lipsticks. I bought one, and liked it, but I prefer the natural look of a glossl, so I started checking out the ColorSensational lip glosses. Well, they are fabulous.
Pros:
~Excellent color range - I like a variety of choices
~Smooths my lips and keeps them soft- no flakes!
~Subtle shimmer - gives dimension without big glitters!
~Gentle orange scent that fades quickly
~Inexpensive - many of us are trying to cut back these days
~Available everywhere - no inconvenient trips to the mall
~True to color - if it looks pigmented in the tube, it is - if not, it's sheer
~Makes lips look full without burning sensation
~Lasts longer than other glosses I've tried - maybe 3 hours
Cons:
~A trifle sticky - long hair might get caught on a windy day
~Plain package - not bad, but totally plain squared tube
~You might not like the smell if you prefer unscented products

I have five colors:
Raspberry Sorbet - fruity pink with a gentle shimmer
Mocha Glaze - shimmering neutral sandy cafe au lait, but doesn't come
off "dead" on medium complexions
Sugared Honey - natural coraly-rose with a soft shimmer
Pink Perfection - very, very light pink, but it leaves a lovely pearly shine
Broadway Bronze - despite the silly name, it is a pretty bronzy-caramel

If you like your lips to look healthy and radiant, not too made up or fake, I think you will enjoy these glosses. And I like that in this time of belt-tightening, my favorite indulgence no longer costs me a $20 bill! I like to purchase them at Harmon with a coupon. I hope you enjoy!