Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lip Gloss (All Colors)

Filtered by age: 44-55

3.9

C18-36 ACID TRIGLYCERIDE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, POLYBUTENE, TRIDECYL TRIMELLITATE, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, LIMONENE, ALUMINA, SILICA, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, ETHYL MENTHANE CARBOXAMIDE, TIN OXIDE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, MEL/HONEY, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, CITRAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYPALMITOYL SPHINGANINE, LINALOOL, DIMETHICONE, FIL D36361/1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really don't like this lip gloss. I bought shade 095, Blush Essence. I got it on sale for under $4, and will toss it.

The smell is bad, it makes my lips itch, the applicator is odd and there is very little color payoff. If you want only a minimal amount of sheen, and the scent doesn't irritate you, this might work, but frankly there are better alternatives.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I bought this gloss in Plum Luster after failing to locate the elusive Mirrored Plum shade anywhere in the universe. I am very pleasantly surprised with this gloss. It is beautifully opaque, shiny, long wearing (even after eating), and doesn't bleed. That is a lot more than can be said for many high end brands!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Just by the looks of the outside packaging, this is meant for fun, for the young who hasn't ventured too much into makeup. That's why I accept the scent which is fruity and plasticky. I like that it has SPF. It is very moisturizing upon application but I find myself reapplying before the hour has passed -- what a waste of time. I've seen this on a young twenty-yr-old SA at Shoppers and it looks so natural on her even though she said she didn't like it as it wasnt her usual colour (guessing she was about NC10-15). On my NC25-30 skintone, it was too bright pink for my pigmented lips. After awhile, my lips looked like I cake-y mess: garish pink frosting that settled on lines within my lips (not outside). This would only work on very plump, young lips…which I think the product was targeted for. No, this is going in the trash.

I gave 2 for overall rating as I think it works for its target audience. I also gave a 2 for packaging quality as its design probably appeals to preteens and teens. I also approve that it is affordable for the target. For those beyond 18, stay away.

Not sticky, no taste, slight bubblegum orange-y scent, wears ok- but Broadway Bronze in the tube wasn't the color on lips. Color was way too light when applied.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got this lip gloss in Born With It, and I love it. Goes on nicely, great color that goes with anything (nice neutral pink) and it feels good on. It is not sticky at all and feels moisturizing. Doesn't irritate my lips at all, and I have had some problems with other products. Only reason I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 is the fragrance. I usually only get fragrance free products but got this anyway as it sounded so good and was on sale at Walgreens - and I am happy with it - but it does have sort of a fruity bubblegum fragrance. Luckily that fades very quickly so it doesn't bother me after the initial application. Overall great color, great price, feels great, love it. I plan to get more colors too.

I bought this lip gloss in Plumtastic. It's my first purchase from Maybelline's Color Sensational line. I am very happy with it. It is quite pigmented, not too sheer. So many lip glosses I try are just too sheer, barely any color. Sometimes that's the look you want, but I really prefer a lip gloss that provides a generous amount of color, and this one does.

It is not sticky or gloppy. It goes on very smoothly. I found it to be quite long lasting, too. I didn't need to reapply it for several hours after. It did not leave my lips dry. It doesn't have an unpleasant taste or smell. I just can't find anything bad to say about it.

It's a great product, especially for the price. I want to try this in other colors, definitely plan to buy more.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Another great find at the drugstore and another stellar new product from Maybelline. I have 3 of them and plan to buy more. Performs as good or better than pricier lip glosses at 3x the price! Color range is good, too. Not sticky and no gross taste either. I have 2 of the coordinating liners and plan to try a couple lippies next.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought one of these at CVS pharmacy and loved it so much I went back for two more. The colors are fantastic - not too shiney and not too dull - just right for every day, but the choices of color are very wearable.

They go on smoothly and do not dry the lips, and they stay on most of the day. Not all day, but it is a gloss and easy to reapply with precision.

They also have a great scent. Not all the time, but when you apply them, they smell like pineapple candy. Then the smell subsides. But the smell does put a smile on your face, it is that nice.

Let me repeat, the colors are fantastic. That alone is a reason to buy these. And of course, the price is right. A great drugstore find!