3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

I have combination acne prone skin, so I have a lot of scarring. The full coverage is super good but I would suggest using a concealer over scares too. This stuff STAYS ON ALL DAY ITS CRAZY! sometimes it’s tough to wipe off! It also feels super light on the skin which is good as I hate the cakey feeling. I wish it had a wider pump as oppose to a small hole pump as less comes out. I also wish there were more colours like warm toned and cool toned. This is my new foundation though! I love it

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairOther

EyesGreen

a month ago

I love everything about this foundation except my skin breaks out every time i wear this. So so sad. I really love it, i love the coverage, very affordable too.

About reviewer (88 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

from

a month ago

Dear Maybelline: Please don’t ever change this product!!! Found my HG! Why 5/5/5’s? As a foolish teen I spent my summers in the sun with nothing but baby oil. At 40+ developed quarter-sized liver spots on both cheeks and temples, plus spots all around that make me look like a Star Trek life-form. Dermatologist Rx’s, OTC treatments, have been totally ineffective. Some made it worse by creating a deeper contrast. In 25 years of concealers, color correctors, foundations, THIS product has outdone them all! After pure aloe gel for moisture and a ‘nourishing primer,’ I dab a kabuki brush in a few drops of foundation and apply a light over-all layer with quick strokes for an even color. A second stippling with the kabuki brush over the liver spots and a soft eye shadow brush for smaller freckles and tiny moles covers 100%!!! A spritz of matte setting spray (setting powders eliminated) I’m ready for eyes, lips and cheeks detail. My skin looks photoshopped to perfection, with 220 an exact match to my medium shade Asian skin. No caking, no artificial highlight glitter, no oxidation over time. Excellent packaging, what you see is what you get, which makes color selection simple. A controllable plunger, so no over-dispensing. Price (even without CVS discounts) is unbelievable! Note: Didn’t need the matching stick version I purchased for concealing. BTW, first test of the stick product, I put the wrong cap back on and smashed the product end :( Definitely a packaging design flaw!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairSilver

a year ago

This is my favourite foundation. I've tried others but keep coming back to it. I do find that the Maybelline Fit Me Matte is a bit easier on my skin (less hormonal breakouts) but it doesn't last long enough for my work day. SuperStay lasts a very long time, and that can be extended by pairing it with their primer and using a powder on top. I have sensitive, acne prone skin and used to break out with cystic acne, small bumps, and whiteheads. But I've hardly had any since switching to Maybelline foundation. I've tried expensive brands but none work as well as this. It gives a matte finish but still some natural glow and doesn't settle into fine lines. I have deeper lines in the corner of my eyes so I mix a little of my moisturizer into it and it works almost like a BB cream and doesn't crease like some fuller coverage products. It also covers up my scars, dark circles, and rosacea without needing a cover stick. It really can be used as a one step product and I think it's a good choice for any age!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

a year ago

I wanted a full coverage drugstore foundation and came upon this one. The coverage is great but I wouldn't say its extremely full coverage as my redness sometimes peaks through and I need to apply concealer to certain areas. The texture is good as well. The only thing that is extremely annoying is that it oxidizes really bad right after application. I would suggest to mix with a lighter foundation you might have lying around. That seems to remedy the problem of using it alone, or opt for one that is 2 shades lighter than your skin color.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

from

a year ago

I was not pleased when they discontinued the old formula a few years ago! I loved it and it looked so good on me! This version is a bit dryer and needs to be buffed to blend a bit more, but it is a decent full coverage drugstore line. I do like how it has more shades than the old formula. It is definitely matte. I was going to pick up 330 Toffee, but Ulta has few “exclusive shades” and I ended up going with 332 Golden Caramel.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Coarse

2 years ago

I got this color in 128 Warm Beige. Upon immediate application, this was my perfect color (MAC NC25)...but after it oxidized....it turned at least 2-3 shades DARKER. I would definitely go a shade or 2 lighter with this foundation. It provided very good coverage... I wouldn't say FULL coverage...but a full medium? It didn't look cakey on my skin and did minimize the look of pores. I have dry/sensitive skin....and this didn't make my skin look extra dry considering it's a matte foundation. I used a good moisturizer underneath though. This foundation had great staying power. After 8hrs of wear, it still looked as if i just applied it! I probably wouldn't repurchase though. It's extremely hard to find your right shade let alone right color undertone with Maybelline (or most drugstore foundations). All of them either pull too pink or too orange... Price is on the higher end as well. I believe this retails for $14.99+ CAD.

About reviewer (913 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

love that this came with a pump. great shade selection and match for my skin. looks great all day without setting powder. dries to a matte sort of finish.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBlack

3 years ago

this foundation has good cover but no full cover. I think that is more for wear in special occasion because is so heavy. I have combination skin and the foundation sometimes is too grease for me.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

I have acne prone skin, with breakouts mainly around my chin/mouth and jawline, I have quite an oily t zone but the rest of my skin is fairly normal. I don't think I would use this foundation every day, after about 5-6 hours of wear it started to feel a bit slick and heavy and it became quite shiny in my t zone after a few hours, especially around my nose, even with setting powder. I also found it didn't do much in the way of covering fresh breakouts unless I layered it on. However for a night out with friends or a one off event it does the job and I always keep a bottle lying around for when I run out of my more expensive foundation and need a more affordable product. Finding the right shade may also be a problem as I could only really wear it if I had fake tan on, I have quite fair skin naturally but even their lightest shade is too dark for me. I did find that it didn't create any new breakouts or make any current acne worse which was fantastic! It did oxidise a bit but nothing to extreme.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24