Salt

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/6/2012 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i use sea salt mixed with water and put it in a spray bottle and use it twice a day as my toner. it works wonders for me as it calms my redness, minimises pores and clears breakouts! it also controls oil on my t-zone! super easy and affordable and incredibly effective!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This might sound a bit crazy, but I can swear it works!(well for me at least).
My skin cracks a lot near my wrist and ankles, I easily get bruises, I'm always knocking myself into things and I get burnt a lot from mishap episodes in the kitchen.
Anyways one day my mom burnt one her leg severely(3rd degree burns, had to get a skin graft etc) and during a visit at the specialist for her, the doctor was going on about how if she could take a swim in the ocean that would greatly beneift her etc and that salt not only disinfect her wounds, but also promotes healing.
After that appt for my mom, I went home, got the table salt and went to have a shower, I used the salt as a body scrub, and ever since then I seriously dont see the point of buying body scrubs at the shop anymore!
When I use the salt scrub on my body it did sting a little, but only around the areas where I had cuts/breakage in the skin. It most certainly did not leave my skin feeling dry and it wasn't as abrasive as I thought, only because the salt dissovles as your scrubbing.
And yes, it did promote faster healing especially areas where I had cuts.
I now use table salt at least 2x a week, and a bonus is its soo cheap!

on 6/18/2009 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have sensitive skin that reacts to chemical and dust mites, and my skin will got red, hot itchy whenever there's dust mites. I used to use hydrocortisone, it helps, but it's really slow. Accidentally, I found out that J&J head to toe baby wash helps to relieve the itch, whenever I got itchy at my bf's house, I rushed to clean the area with the wash. Anyways, I wonder why it helps, and I looked at the ingredients, I don't know the others but the Sodium Chloride (table salt.) So next time, I tried to add some water to the a lot of table salt and put it on the itchy site, although the redness is still there, I didn't feel that itchy any more! Then I used salty water on my pimples/whitehead before my sleep, it helps as well. What I think is the high concentration of salt water pulled out the "bad liquid" from the the area to relieve the situation. update: don't use it on open wound because the salt is going to damage the cell because salt hypertonic drawing out all the contents from the cell and burst the cell, making the wound bigger and uglier. Also, don't mix a very high concentration of salt in water.