Salt

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

on 9/6/2012 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i use sea salt mixed with water and put it in a spray bottle and use it twice a day as my toner. it works wonders for me as it calms my redness, minimises pores and clears breakouts! it also controls oil on my t-zone! super easy and affordable and incredibly effective!!!

on 9/26/2010 7:47:00 PM

WELL.

I went to a market and purchased a salt lamp, and decided to buy some himilayan crystal salt soap...and wow. The dry skin/dermatitus on the back of my thighs is almost gone, the patch of dry skin/acne I had on my chin is gone (I usually wake up with atleast 5 whiteheads, bluuurgh) and i rub it on my skin before I apply deoderant and it makes my deoderant last longer....dont have to use horrible chemical full crap anymore!!!! This is only after two days of use. But be CAREFUL. It's rock hard and very abrasive so It's best to rub it on your hands then on your skin coz you could literally tear yourself up...

Amazing. Amazing amazing. Will repost soon but I've never been this impressed this quickly.

on 4/13/2010 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

During a trip to China, we went to a hot spring resort that used salt water. After a day of soaking, I found that it was much easier to clean my pores.

I draw a bath up once a week, and put about 1- 1/2 cup of salt and let it dissolve Then I soak in it for as long as I need. I use normal table salt that I bought from the dollar store.

I also wash my face with salt water, just use a table spoon and dissolve in water. After your done, splash your face with cold water and moisturize! Salt is very dehydrating so you must moisturize.

If you don't mind the drying affects, it is an inexpensive way to clean your pores and help clear your acne!

on 6/18/2009 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have sensitive skin that reacts to chemical and dust mites, and my skin will got red, hot itchy whenever there's dust mites. I used to use hydrocortisone, it helps, but it's really slow. Accidentally, I found out that J&J head to toe baby wash helps to relieve the itch, whenever I got itchy at my bf's house, I rushed to clean the area with the wash. Anyways, I wonder why it helps, and I looked at the ingredients, I don't know the others but the Sodium Chloride (table salt.) So next time, I tried to add some water to the a lot of table salt and put it on the itchy site, although the redness is still there, I didn't feel that itchy any more! Then I used salty water on my pimples/whitehead before my sleep, it helps as well. What I think is the high concentration of salt water pulled out the "bad liquid" from the the area to relieve the situation. update: don't use it on open wound because the salt is going to damage the cell because salt hypertonic drawing out all the contents from the cell and burst the cell, making the wound bigger and uglier. Also, don't mix a very high concentration of salt in water.