Salt

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/18/2009 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have sensitive skin that reacts to chemical and dust mites, and my skin will got red, hot itchy whenever there's dust mites. I used to use hydrocortisone, it helps, but it's really slow. Accidentally, I found out that J&J head to toe baby wash helps to relieve the itch, whenever I got itchy at my bf's house, I rushed to clean the area with the wash. Anyways, I wonder why it helps, and I looked at the ingredients, I don't know the others but the Sodium Chloride (table salt.) So next time, I tried to add some water to the a lot of table salt and put it on the itchy site, although the redness is still there, I didn't feel that itchy any more! Then I used salty water on my pimples/whitehead before my sleep, it helps as well. What I think is the high concentration of salt water pulled out the "bad liquid" from the the area to relieve the situation. update: don't use it on open wound because the salt is going to damage the cell because salt hypertonic drawing out all the contents from the cell and burst the cell, making the wound bigger and uglier. Also, don't mix a very high concentration of salt in water.