Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap

Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap

3.9

(**This is the list for the non-organic large bar. I believe they are the same but the small bars ingredients are organic**) African Black Soap Base , African Shea Butter , Oats , Aloe , Plantain Extract , Vitamin E , Essential Oil Blend , Vegetable Glycerin , Palm Ash , Rosemary Extract , Iron Oxides

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this twice a day for about a week. So far I really like it. I love the way it makes my skin feel. It seems to do a good job at moisturizing, but doesn't make my skin oily. I bought it to help with acne breakouts and I really hope it works. I haven't gotten any new pimples since starting it and the ones I have seem to be healing quickly.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Gave it a low score for packaging but who cares? My daughter has been using it for a few days and her acne is almost gone with no dryness and her face is less red and irritated looking as well. We tried all the otc brands as well as proactive. They didn't work at all. We bought it Monday night and today is only Thursday. She already looks amazing. I'm so glad we avoided harsh chemicals and pills. How is this huge messy bar of soap not being sold everywhere? I had never even heard of it.

To Read all 107 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/16/2016 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff. Removes my makeup really well. Pores look smaller and my face looks brighter. Will definitely be repurchasing.

on 5/8/2016 9:10:00 PM

I am 23 and developed cystic acne around the time I turned 20. I have been to countless dermatologist appointments, tried antibiotics, topicals, high end products, birth controls, etc basically everything short of Accutane and noting has completely cured my cystic acne like this soap. It literally healed existing spots in several days and stopped new cysts overnight. I have not had 1 cystic acne pop up since I started using this soap approx 3 months ago. Great price and great product! I have oily skin and it might be a bit Drying but my skin recovers well. My sister has similar acne issues but dry skin and it still is ok for her face, she's just good about her night moisturizer. My one complaint is the bar form isn't good for travel if you use it and have to pack it up because it's wet and hard to dry completely. But I won't complain because this product has made my skin so flawless!!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have used this black soap for 7 months and have bought it twice. I got this soap mostly for my face since I was going through a mild breakout on my cheeks back in October. This definitely helped and dried out my pimples faster. Also helps with scarring. It does dry me out though so make sure you moisturize after! Then after a month or two I was breaking out on my back so I used this and it helped dry out and prevent most of my bacne! Oh and make sure you cut this bar into pieces because it will last longer and stay fresh. I have given this soap a break recently, only because I barely get pimples or bacne now and am experimenting with the OCM :-) But if you have acne try this out! (I saw improvement about 2-3 weeks after use on my face and about 1 week when I used it on my bacne everyday)

on 4/3/2016 6:39:00 PM

I love this so much! Dosent dry me out, dosent cause acne, removes my makeup and when I dry my face off, it feels baby smooth like I just did a facial. Love it!

on 3/23/2016 2:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this stuff is all hype it is the worst from their hair moisturizers to their body washes I had clear skin until I used shea moisture products and now I'm broken out so bad and the hair products dried out my hair and made it feel tacky and sticky that's their leave in conditioner and their products are pure garbage and I highly doubt this is shea straight from Africa smh spare me the bullshit ppl will say anything to market a product trust me when I say these products are all garbage.

on 3/17/2016 11:26:00 PM

THIS IS NOT A FACE WASH. I would not use this as a face wash, I'm not quite sure why any of these people are. This is a body soap and works quite well as one. The smell is amazing. Me and my bf love it, he has his own bar. It makes me skin really soft, but it also can be drying so I wouldn't use it daily or every shower. The bar is huge and lasts awhile. The price is great. I love how it doesn't have any harmful ingredients. But my favorite part is the smell. I don't notice it making me break out and I can't say it prevents breakouts either cause my back breaks out a lot from different reasons.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have suffered with acne since I was a freshman in high school and I am now a sophomore in college. I read such positive reviews about this face wash and how it helps with acne-prone skin. While using this, my face didn't necessarily get worse, but it definitely didn't get better. I got a facial and the esthetician asked me which face washed I used and said that it was doing nothing for my skin. Also, the packaging is awful. It's super messy and gets gross really easily because it's always moist. This would probably be a good face wash if you have clear skin or even some pimples here and there. I wouldn't recommend it for dry skin people either because it is extremely drying. I really wanted to love this product, but sadly it didn't work for me.

on 2/29/2016 3:58:00 PM

This is not for people with dry skin or if you live in colder climates. And i totally agree with people who say to cut this bar in cubes (its HUGE). I dont recommend anyone using this everyday, its so drying and my face literally feels squeaky clean when i'm done. That being said, if i use this sparingly (like once a week, or as a spot cleaner/treatment on breakouts) it works wonders. I noticed my breakout along my jaw line clearing up the very next day.

FOLLOW UP WITH A GOOD MOISTURIZER.