Wet 'n' Wild 511B Nouveau Pink

Wet 'n' Wild 511B Nouveau Pink
511B Nouveau Pink511B Nouveau Pink511B Nouveau Pink511B Nouveau Pink511B Nouveau Pink

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

They must have changed the color and maybe improved the formula when they updated the tube. In my old silver tube the color is a berry fuchsia tone and the new black tube is a bright blue based Barbie or "Baskin Robbins" type pink. Both are beautiful colors. Both are creamy and wear really well. The berry color left a gorgeous stain but I prefer the Barbie pink because it's more of the color I wanted to experiment with as I'm looking for my perfect super bright cool toned pink...It's hard to find one that flatters pale skin. This one works well with my coloring. I just got this to update my collection when I saw they redid the tube, I'm not out of my old ones though so I can enjoy both versions. My complaint with this is the tube though. They suck so much still. The black tube is sleeker and less cheap looking than the silver, the cap stays on better but the lipstick doesn't go down, only up and it's easy to nick or smash it when talking the cap on and off. Considering the price I'm not surprised it's in a cheap tube but I'll happily pay a bit more for a better one. Still....gorgeous lipstick, great formula, excellent price and availability!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been on the prowl for the perfect princess pink, so I picked up this Silk Finish shade for $0.93 at my local Walmart. I play with all of my lippies as soon as I get home, and this is what I found out.

This shade, like all the others, has terrible packaging. The bullet doesn't retract all the way, and the one I received will not stay up after I twist it. I have to hold it up while I am using it. But, hey, who's going to complain for such a steal? Not me.

This is a very bold, bright fuschia that rivals Maybelline's old Fifth Ave. Fuschia. I have both and compared them. Very, very similar, but this shade is definitely creamier and has a hint of gloss to it. It definitely amps up any look, which means it is not very wearable for days that require a bit of subtlety.

The smell is business as usual: faintly lipstick-y, which is tolerable, but not enjoyable. Texture is creamy, which is fabulous.

I love this line, and this shade is a new friend of mine.

on 9/13/2015 7:58:00 AM

I bought this because I wanted to try bold lips, and didn't want to commit to the price of MAC or Kat Von D until I got a feel for it. I am strangely in love with this $.99 tube of lipstick. It was the perfect segway into the realm of bold lips. I just wore it out for the first time last night to a music festival and I felt like the color just brought my whole look together. It had great lasting power and the way it feels on your lips is smooth and comfortable. It does dry you out (as others said), but I didn't think that warranted knocking any points off of my review because I don't know what you want for a dollar, haha. Overall, it's a great creamy, highly saturated color. I have medium skin with very strong yellow undertones and found it super flattering.

I forgot all about this I used to wear this long ago but I bought a tube the other day for old times sake and I love it because it reminds me of MAC lickable for 99 cents its more than a deal its a very pretty color and texture and is not cheap quality by far.

AMAZING. One of the SF lipsticks I reach for the most! It's a creamy, bold pink! No shimmer, metallic, etc. If you love bold lipsticks, this is a good one for you.

on 12/18/2013 12:20:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

I have access to revlon, Christian Dior, Estee Lauder, lancome, shiseido, and many high end brand lipstick but I always end up going back this this wet n wild 511B lipstick. I've read some research on lead infested lipsticks and this wet and wild brand is one of the few that doesn't contain lead. Most of the high end brands contain toxic lead for some reason. That being said, here is why I love this lipstick the most.
it kept my lips moiste, color stay on like a lip stain, it brightens my complexion, it brightens my teeth !!!! it's great for a more glam night out. In the morning, I apply very sparingly and top with a gloss. It stays on through eating buffets. it gets rid of the ashy color of my complexion. This lipstick can get pretty gross when applies heavy handed because it is very pigmented. A little goes a long way. Less is more. On me it looks very natural . It just look like I've eaten some fresh berries. I think it's great for fair complexion. This is not a sheer color so if you like sheerness, you might want to steer clear of this one. My lips turn purple when it gets cold and this lipstick does a very good job to combat that winter purple look. for only $1 , I don't think any other brand can do better. Best of all, it's lead free. it also contain vitamin e, castor oil, candelulla, vitamin a, and aloe leaf extract to nourish and soften the lips

on 11/27/2013 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great quality for the price, it's very pigmented and lasts a while. Many people probably won't like it because it has the ''old-lady's lipstick'' smell but it doesn't bother me. The only issue I have with it is the packaging which is flimsy. I can't carry it in my bag because the cap would probably fall off. I should mention that this color is not similar to MAC's Pink nouveau, this one is more fuchsia and that one is more of a cool-toned baby pink.

Pros: High pigmentation Sheer to built Moisturizing Drug store brand Very inexpensive Cons: Not long lasting but can be reapplied.

I love this lipstick <3 What I've started doing with WnW lipsticks is putting a ChapStick or a nude gloss on BEFORE applying and then topping it off with more gloss. The staying power is better than most high end lipsticks and I've had no issues with feathering or dryness. For .69 cents, how in the world can you go wrong?! I've bought so many colors I can't begin to count them all. :-) Yep, I'm cheap lol I do love me some Revlon and MAC lipsticks though. I just don't own as many of the MAC as I would like. Maybe one day when I win the lottery teehee

on 10/21/2013 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

For the price I think its great! Got it today for 69 cents. It goes on smooth and is very pigmented and lasted quiet a while. I didnt give it 5 stars because it did stain my lip a lil bit. Will be trying out other colors.