Maybelline New York Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Maybelline New York Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

on 3/29/2012 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I love eyeshadows with the steps on the package & this had some decent reviews so I wanted to try it. The colors didn't really impress me once applied. The two darker shades are too similar in my opinion and don't really pop. It looked more blah than smokey + the vanilla shade was a little to white against my skintone. The textures of all three colors were chalkier than smooth. I won't repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Well letís see:

- The taupe colour has a lot of fallout and am constantly having to brush away a lot of glitter underneath my eyes.
-The taupe and maroonish colour are really hard to pack onto your brush; you have to really dig in to get a decent amount.
- If you are dark skinned like me, you may find the taupe colour hard to see, so I suggest packing on NYX Jumbo pencil Milk on beforehand, which did a whole lot of difference for me.
- I find it very cool toned, and I am very warm-toned, thus I find it very muddy-looking on me sometimes.

And for that last last reason alone, is why I wouldn't buy it again. Yes it's pigmented and the colours complement each other, and it is easy to travel with, but I believe there are better quality eyeshadows out there. Also, Maybelline tests on animals! Boo!

on 4/17/2011 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this quad last week and finally got around to using it today. I am a Mac NC45 and hmmmmm... I don't really like it YET. I didn't find the taupe color showed up well on me. The crease color and liner color did work well. The highlight color was not the best. I will not give up on this product because of the great reviews. I have to get a new UDPP and try this product again over primer to make the lid color really pop. Still think it's great.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm not very impressed by this product. The colors are not really pigmented and I feel I need to dig into the lid color to get anything on. The browbone color (the light beige) is chalky and basically useless.I have had better results with other drug store brands such as Wet n Wild (which is actually cheaper). I will use this for everyday looks but I will not repurchase.

EDIT: I have changed my feelings about this product and will give it a higher rating. I have since learned how to use it better. I prefer not to use the lid color and instead use MAC's Satin Taupe, but I use the other 3 colors. I notice I have been picking up this quad more than any other so I guess I do like it. I would repurchase it <3

on 1/24/2011 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is an okay palette. I have several Maybelline quads, and this isn't one of my favorites. It is great for a neutral smokey eye. My only complaint about this palette is the horrible taupe color. The color APPEARS to be pretty, but it lacks pigmentation. I have to literally dig my brush in this color to pick up any color.

on 1/21/2011 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Last year I was new to makeup, but i wanted to look "pretty" on my boyfriends birthday so I went to cvs and got this since it came with instructions (lol) My boyfriend complimented me so much and ever since then i have been addicted to makeup.

Its hard to look a mess using these colors. The brow bone color is light for me but its so pigmented that it actually show up on my skin. I wanted to get mac's satin taupe but since some people are saying that the lid color is a dupe, id rather wait til it finishes before i go out and buy satin taupe.

I had the charcoal smokes one, which was pretty also but i gave it to my friend since i felt like i rarely used that one because the colors are so dark and i like wearing eyeshadows during the day.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

Great for a nice smokey, taupey look. Not matte. I like it. Won't repurchase it because I forgot I had it and went out and bought another. (smh)
There should be a Makeup Addicts Anonymous, I swear.
Hi, my name is XYZ and I am addicted to makeup!

on 11/7/2010 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Very nice, especially for the price. I love to wear the crease color on the lid as a standalone shade, I wish I could find this in a single shade. I would think this quad would work for many different skin tones. For ref: NC50.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I just bought this today but played around with it quite a bit. The colors are very pretty in the pan and do stay true to color. However, on my monolid Asian eyes, they can get very muddy if I try to use all 4 colors. But the colors are pigmented and unique for drugstore, they're mathced beautifully and the bottom two shades are practically matte(though less vibrant). I clicked I would repurchase, but I'm not sure. I just like this product but it's not a holy grail or anything. I'd just keep it for the days I don't want to think about my makeup.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Simply phenomenal.I love that I can opt for something simple or go for a full on dramatic look!

I needed some soft smoky eyes for a wedding and just couldn't afford to but four different shades of MAC. I was NOT disappointed. These natural brown smokes complimented my complexion well and people thought I had gotten my make p professionally done, like the maid of honor. I recommend it for all brown girls who want to look effortlessly smoky.

My one dislike - I accidentally brushed away the words on the color palette, so I have to think carefully about where to place each color. continued >>