Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

4.1

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I read great reviews of this trio, but for me it was a little "eh." I like it for daily use - it's very light and flattering. A little too light at times. The base white colour is way too light - it doesn't really show up on my fair skin. However I love the light taupey slightly glittery eyelid colour - unfortunately the base one takes up double the space in the trio, as does the liner which I don't even use. The darker brown for the crease is okay too. I would repurchase the taupe colour, but not the whole trio. In addition to the unbalanced distribution of colours, the lid broke within a month of buying it, which is annoying. Not terrible, but not good enough to repurchase for me!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this quad! I actually like a lot of maybelline eyeshadows. they have come a long way form the crapy formula I remember when I first started getting into makeup. I find them to be very good quality these days. Natural Smokes is one of my favorites.

I am more into neutral/natural looks, so to me, this quad is more of a glam look then a natural look - that begin said, it isn't too harsh or anything, so I can wear this during the day and not feel all made up. It acutally comes out lighter on my skin then I expected it to. In the pan all the colors look very dark, but the lid shade is actually sheer.

I love the lid shade! It has such a pretty shimmer to it and I just love! And if you are a taupe lover, I do not think you will be disappointed. Although it is sheer, a sticky base and packing the color on with the sponge will make it show up darker. I like to wear this shade alone as a wash on the lid sometimes. In this quad, this color has the largest dip. I love the quad for this shade alone. The only thing is, the shimmers do have some fall out in this shade, but it's not too bad -- not like, say, UD's glitter fall out!

As a quad, I like this set. I like how it has a verity of finishes rather then all just shimmer like a lot of other drugstore eyeshadows - it really helps give it some depth. It is also versatile. You can wear is sheer for daytime, or really pack on the colors and intensify it with the darks. I do think they blend well and wear very well (although I always wear SOME kind of base). I find I use this a lot around the holidays or events where I want to be a bit more dolled up then usual, but not formal- like parties or nice dinners. this + falsies is sort of my go-to for those kinds of events if I dont feel like trying anything new.

Overall, very impressed! I would for sure buy again if need be.

very nice quad! it has all the eyeshadow components for a neutral, wearable smokey eye. the colors all work together really nicely, however I do normally put a little bit of a gold shadow through the crease to warm it up or I tend to look a little washed out. the darkest color is very creamy and I love using it as a liner. I absolutely LOVE the colour of the silvery taupe, however it isn't as pigmented and can be a little crumbly. If I work with this shade for a little bit though, I love how it looks. I got this very cheap, about $8 on sale which is a total BARGAIN here in aus (our makeup prices are insane). I would definitely buy again, and I'm now also wanting to try out some more of the stylish smokes quads.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this quad for work. I wanted something simple for every day. What could be simpler than this product that even tells you which shade goes where? I have some makeup skills so the result is partially how well the shades work together, the texture of the shadows and my ability. I couldn't believe the gorgeous smokey eye I achieved with this quad. My eyes never got so many compliments. The staying power is outstanding. No primer. Applied with the little spongies that came with it. Lasted all day and evening. When I went to remove it, 17 hours after I had applied it, with no touch-ups, it looked exactly the way it did this morning. Shocking. Will definitely repurchase because I foresee using this daily.

on 10/5/2010 5:38:00 PM

not very natural in my opinion. The colors are pretty dramatic and dark, so I would not recommend this to someone who thinks they're going to get a natural/naked eye.

Maybelline shadows are always very hard pressed so they make picking up shadow difficult; but they are easy to blend once you get enough on your lid.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

There are a ton of great reviews for this product already, and a couple of youtube tutorials using this quad so I do not think there is much more to say, but I will add my two cents to give it another positive review. I really like that I can take this with me of vacation and have a complete neutral smokey eye is a very slim and portable case. I do think that the outer corner color is too dark for my preference, but it could be added for a dramatic look, or left off for a more wearable look. The price is also good. I actually bought a backup of this because I like it that much.

on 8/15/2010 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my new everyday eyeshadow quad. The colours are so natural and even though they have shimmer, it isn't overpowering at all. The only problem I have with it is the 2 little sponge applicators that come with it. I threw them out right away because they were quite useless and they got in the way a lot. Other than that, a great quad!

on 7/14/2010 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this quad! The colors are great. I wore them without a primer yesterday and they lasted all day and still looked great! This is my favorite quad ever! Its about $4 and the quality is amazing! The only thing I dont like is the packaging, it boring looking. But I love the eyeshadows so much that I will look over that. I will be buying this again!

on 6/16/2010 9:59:00 AM

The lid color is really hard to get onto your eye, its like chalky it falls apart. I cant seem to get the colors to blend well together either. I am shocked that I didnt like this product I usually always like their eyeshadows. The price is not bad actually pretty cheap. I will not be purchasing this non pigmented eyeshadow again

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

The idea is good. I didn't like the consistency of the eyeshadows. These shadows need a base to stick to and there is a lot of fall out when blending. The price is quite fair and it is good if you don't own a wide range of quality shadows and don't want to invest. I would recommend to beginners but would not recommend if you don't like a pearl finish to your eyes(2 out of 4 shadows are pearl/satin finish and the rest are matte). For its price, great product!