Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I read great reviews of this trio, but for me it was a little "eh." I like it for daily use - it's very light and flattering. A little too light at times. The base white colour is way too light - it doesn't really show up on my fair skin. However I love the light taupey slightly glittery eyelid colour - unfortunately the base one takes up double the space in the trio, as does the liner which I don't even use. The darker brown for the crease is okay too. I would repurchase the taupe colour, but not the whole trio. In addition to the unbalanced distribution of colours, the lid broke within a month of buying it, which is annoying. Not terrible, but not good enough to repurchase for me!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this quad! I actually like a lot of maybelline eyeshadows. they have come a long way form the crapy formula I remember when I first started getting into makeup. I find them to be very good quality these days. Natural Smokes is one of my favorites.

I am more into neutral/natural looks, so to me, this quad is more of a glam look then a natural look - that begin said, it isn't too harsh or anything, so I can wear this during the day and not feel all made up. It acutally comes out lighter on my skin then I expected it to. In the pan all the colors look very dark, but the lid shade is actually sheer.

I love the lid shade! It has such a pretty shimmer to it and I just love! And if you are a taupe lover, I do not think you will be disappointed. Although it is sheer, a sticky base and packing the color on with the sponge will make it show up darker. I like to wear this shade alone as a wash on the lid sometimes. In this quad, this color has the largest dip. I love the quad for this shade alone. The only thing is, the shimmers do have some fall out in this shade, but it's not too bad -- not like, say, UD's glitter fall out!

As a quad, I like this set. I like how it has a verity of finishes rather then all just shimmer like a lot of other drugstore eyeshadows - it really helps give it some depth. It is also versatile. You can wear is sheer for daytime, or really pack on the colors and intensify it with the darks. I do think they blend well and wear very well (although I always wear SOME kind of base). I find I use this a lot around the holidays or events where I want to be a bit more dolled up then usual, but not formal- like parties or nice dinners. this + falsies is sort of my go-to for those kinds of events if I dont feel like trying anything new.

Overall, very impressed! I would for sure buy again if need be.

very nice quad! it has all the eyeshadow components for a neutral, wearable smokey eye. the colors all work together really nicely, however I do normally put a little bit of a gold shadow through the crease to warm it up or I tend to look a little washed out. the darkest color is very creamy and I love using it as a liner. I absolutely LOVE the colour of the silvery taupe, however it isn't as pigmented and can be a little crumbly. If I work with this shade for a little bit though, I love how it looks. I got this very cheap, about $8 on sale which is a total BARGAIN here in aus (our makeup prices are insane). I would definitely buy again, and I'm now also wanting to try out some more of the stylish smokes quads.

on 10/5/2010 5:38:00 PM

not very natural in my opinion. The colors are pretty dramatic and dark, so I would not recommend this to someone who thinks they're going to get a natural/naked eye.

Maybelline shadows are always very hard pressed so they make picking up shadow difficult; but they are easy to blend once you get enough on your lid.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

There are a ton of great reviews for this product already, and a couple of youtube tutorials using this quad so I do not think there is much more to say, but I will add my two cents to give it another positive review. I really like that I can take this with me of vacation and have a complete neutral smokey eye is a very slim and portable case. I do think that the outer corner color is too dark for my preference, but it could be added for a dramatic look, or left off for a more wearable look. The price is also good. I actually bought a backup of this because I like it that much.

on 8/15/2010 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my new everyday eyeshadow quad. The colours are so natural and even though they have shimmer, it isn't overpowering at all. The only problem I have with it is the 2 little sponge applicators that come with it. I threw them out right away because they were quite useless and they got in the way a lot. Other than that, a great quad!

on 7/14/2010 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this quad! The colors are great. I wore them without a primer yesterday and they lasted all day and still looked great! This is my favorite quad ever! Its about $4 and the quality is amazing! The only thing I dont like is the packaging, it boring looking. But I love the eyeshadows so much that I will look over that. I will be buying this again!

on 6/16/2010 9:59:00 AM

The lid color is really hard to get onto your eye, its like chalky it falls apart. I cant seem to get the colors to blend well together either. I am shocked that I didnt like this product I usually always like their eyeshadows. The price is not bad actually pretty cheap. I will not be purchasing this non pigmented eyeshadow again

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

The idea is good. I didn't like the consistency of the eyeshadows. These shadows need a base to stick to and there is a lot of fall out when blending. The price is quite fair and it is good if you don't own a wide range of quality shadows and don't want to invest. I would recommend to beginners but would not recommend if you don't like a pearl finish to your eyes(2 out of 4 shadows are pearl/satin finish and the rest are matte). For its price, great product!

on 6/1/2010 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Absolutely perfect, a good combination of matte and slight shimmer and beautiful neutral tones.

Very wearable and quite good staying power. I reach for this quad time and time again.