Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

I didn't think I would like these eyeshadows but they are actually pretty good. I have a couple of these "smokes" and don't really have too many complaints.

I am a sucker for a really good ad in a magazine and lately Maybelline has some really rockin ads for their eye shadow quads. I picked up "Natural Smokes" and "Chai Latte." I used an eye shadow primer (Lorac). The good: these quads have some of the most beautiful color combinations ever and they are dirt cheap. The bad: color payoff..requires patience. I had to keep dipping my brush and applying to get the degree of color I wanted. If you're on a budget, these aren't bad. If you can afford Urban Decay or MAC, resist the temptation.

I love this quad, I absolutley love the lid color. I've HEARD its a dupe for satin taupe from Mac. It's a gorgeous color. Anyways, when used properly it creates a beautiful smokey eye. Doesn't crease throughout the day when i put it over my NYX jumbo eye pencil in milk.LOVE LOVE LOVE

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really really like this quad actually. I wear it quite a bit, especially the "lid" color...the shimmery cool brown, which btw def needs a base or prepare for falling shimmer all over your under eye and cheek area. It's an easy go to for me. Is this spectacular? Well...no....but it's pretty dang good, especially for a low end item. Browns like these are always flattering for my blue eyes. The lid color is the star of this quad, the others are just less special but still nice enough / adequate.

Overall, I really like the colours in this quad. I get the most use out of the shimmery taupe lid colour and the dark brown liner colour, which I use on my lower lash line. I unfortunately have the new design for the quad, where the lid and crease colour are puny, which is annoying because the white colour is so big and its useless. It's chalky with no pigmentation.

Overall I love the colours, but I'll be on the look out for more quality colours.

on 7/11/2012 3:13:00 PM

I have used this quad almost daily because I love the colors but they aren't very pigmented :( I have to layer them quite a bit to get the colors to show. The consistency is great though and I love the price and how it makes my dark grey/blue eyes pop!! I'll probably continue to use and buy this product because I haven't found another affordable quad with these colors.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The colors complement each other very nicely but are not very pigmented. Would probably buy again

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Bought this based on the great reviews and am disappointed. Terrible quality! Shadows are chalky and lack pigmentation. For drugstore, Wet n' Wild or Milani is a better bet. Also am a little lighter than NC15 and the colors were too cool on me.

A nice quad for a no brainer brown smokey eye. Pretty good quality, except for the highlight shade which i guess is ok for blending colours out but doesn't show up at all. The lid colour is my favourite, very pretty.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Is this the perfect smoky eye palette? For the price, yes. The colors are gorgeous, and it makes it so easy to get a nice smoky eye. I adore all of the shades that are in this palette and they work well for a variety of looks besides it's specialty, a neutral taupey shimmery smoky eye. This is basically like Kim Kardashian eyes in a single palette. (Sans huge falsies, of course.)