Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Amazing, I cannot fault this product!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really really like this quad actually. I wear it quite a bit, especially the "lid" color...the shimmery cool brown, which btw def needs a base or prepare for falling shimmer all over your under eye and cheek area. It's an easy go to for me. Is this spectacular? Well...no....but it's pretty dang good, especially for a low end item. Browns like these are always flattering for my blue eyes. The lid color is the star of this quad, the others are just less special but still nice enough / adequate.

on 11/4/2012 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

As a disclaimer: over the years I have become a bit of a HE snob..I blame it on MUA haha. But in reality, the feeling of finding an amazing DS find is better than finding an amazing HE find to me. Sadly, that feeling is few and far between for me. I have had really bad luck with DS eyeshadows, and this is no exception. I bought this because a Youtube guru used it in her daily makeup look and it looked lovely on her. The eyeshadows appear to be absolutely gorgeous chocolates. However, once applied the pigmentation just flat out sucks. I was really unhappy about it. I tried packing it on but still the pigmentation was lacking. I just bought the Too Faced natural at Night palette and the pigmentation of those eyeshadows are amazing compared to the Maybelline quad.

on 5/25/2012 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I only really use neutrals on my eyes, and this is so far the best I've tried! I use the darkest shade as liner for my eyes and brows, and the shimmery taupe for my lids. I don't use the lightest shade or the crease shade as often, only when I'm going for a more dramatic look.

I recently ran out of the lid colour, and instead of re-purchasing I bought the single-colour Chic Naturals 250S Tastefully Taupe. I actually like this much better, it doesn't have as much shimmer and the colour suits me better.

I would purchase this quad again though, it's really handy for the darker colour and when traveling... but they changed the packaging and now you don't get an even amount of each colour, so I might be looking for something new.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I read great reviews of this trio, but for me it was a little "eh." I like it for daily use - it's very light and flattering. A little too light at times. The base white colour is way too light - it doesn't really show up on my fair skin. However I love the light taupey slightly glittery eyelid colour - unfortunately the base one takes up double the space in the trio, as does the liner which I don't even use. The darker brown for the crease is okay too. I would repurchase the taupe colour, but not the whole trio. In addition to the unbalanced distribution of colours, the lid broke within a month of buying it, which is annoying. Not terrible, but not good enough to repurchase for me!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

In theory, this could be a great palette. The colors are gorgeous and could suite a variety of skin tones. There is a basic cooler, dark matte brown, a matte cream/off white shade, a sparkly taupe, and a shimmery bronze- everything you could want in a simple, everyday or smokey eye look. The problem starts with the texture and payoff of the shadows and ends with the flimsy packaging. I had a hard time transfering all of the colors to my lid. The payoff was sheer and a bit hard to blend. Save your money, there are better products out there.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this quad! I actually like a lot of maybelline eyeshadows. they have come a long way form the crapy formula I remember when I first started getting into makeup. I find them to be very good quality these days. Natural Smokes is one of my favorites.

I am more into neutral/natural looks, so to me, this quad is more of a glam look then a natural look - that begin said, it isn't too harsh or anything, so I can wear this during the day and not feel all made up. It acutally comes out lighter on my skin then I expected it to. In the pan all the colors look very dark, but the lid shade is actually sheer.

I love the lid shade! It has such a pretty shimmer to it and I just love! And if you are a taupe lover, I do not think you will be disappointed. Although it is sheer, a sticky base and packing the color on with the sponge will make it show up darker. I like to wear this shade alone as a wash on the lid sometimes. In this quad, this color has the largest dip. I love the quad for this shade alone. The only thing is, the shimmers do have some fall out in this shade, but it's not too bad -- not like, say, UD's glitter fall out!

As a quad, I like this set. I like how it has a verity of finishes rather then all just shimmer like a lot of other drugstore eyeshadows - it really helps give it some depth. It is also versatile. You can wear is sheer for daytime, or really pack on the colors and intensify it with the darks. I do think they blend well and wear very well (although I always wear SOME kind of base). I find I use this a lot around the holidays or events where I want to be a bit more dolled up then usual, but not formal- like parties or nice dinners. this + falsies is sort of my go-to for those kinds of events if I dont feel like trying anything new.

Overall, very impressed! I would for sure buy again if need be.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Bought this based on the great reviews and am disappointed. Terrible quality! Shadows are chalky and lack pigmentation. For drugstore, Wet n' Wild or Milani is a better bet. Also am a little lighter than NC15 and the colors were too cool on me.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm not very impressed by this product. The colors are not really pigmented and I feel I need to dig into the lid color to get anything on. The browbone color (the light beige) is chalky and basically useless.I have had better results with other drug store brands such as Wet n Wild (which is actually cheaper). I will use this for everyday looks but I will not repurchase.

EDIT: I have changed my feelings about this product and will give it a higher rating. I have since learned how to use it better. I prefer not to use the lid color and instead use MAC's Satin Taupe, but I use the other 3 colors. I notice I have been picking up this quad more than any other so I guess I do like it. I would repurchase it <3

on 10/31/2010 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was never a fan of Maybelline eyeshadow until I tried this one. This is really nice. Love the color combo, love the color pay off and lasting power, and I love the price. I believe these are dupes for several of MAC eyeshadow for a fraction of the price.