Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/16/2015 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is probably the only palette in which i actually use all the colours, which should amount to 5 lippies by itself, but i deducted a lippie simply because of personal preference and nothing else. I originally bought this quad because the liner shade matched my eyebrows perfectly and at around $16 AUD (i bought this online so it's a bit cheaper than the price in stores), it's not exactly expensive, considering the array of over-priced $20+ drug store products in Australia. I use the liner shade for my brows and the lightest shade as a brow highlight and both colours are extremely pigmented. The only shade that i'm kind of on the fence with is the lid colour, which some reviewers have stated that it's a dupe for MAC's satin taupe. Don't get me wrong, it's a very pigmented shade and blends like a dream, but personally, i think that the shade is a bit too cool-toned on my warm, yellow skin. I use this shade with a very light hand all over the lid and i blend the chocolate brown shade in my outer-v. All shades are very pigmented and blends well except for the highlight shade which i find a bit chalky. Would i purchase this product again? I've put down a 'yes' simply because i have yet to find a good brow colour by itself. The other three colours are great, but they are not the reason why i would buy this quad again because even though i use them, i have better ones that actually match my skin colour.

on 10/15/2013 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I haven't bought Maybelline eyeshadows in years. I wore them in my teen years because that's all I could afford then and I hadn't ventured into the world of high end brands.
I took advantage of a promotion and decided to get this quad set based on the reviews here and I'm glad I did.
I think Maybelline has stepped up its game and I love the look of these eyeshadows. The texture isn't quite up there with MAC, UD or the other brands known for the dense pigment but it's reasonable. Having said that, a good eye primer is necessary for these shadows to last the day. Otherwise they may end up looking slightly powdery. (hence the four lippies)

The Natural Smokes quad is just that; a naturally smokey eye look that's perfect for the day. Of course you can always add more for a night look.

I'm very pleasantly surprised by these shadows. Now if Maybelline could improve their mascaras.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I use this quad every time I wear makeup because the darkest shade is perfect for my eyebrows! The lightest shade is great for all over the lids for minimal makeup & I use the darker shades if I want a smokey eye. I think they've re packaged it since I bought mine, but it's a great natural smokey palette.

on 3/29/2012 8:35:00 PM

In my opinion, drugstore eyeshadows are very hit and miss. However, I think this one is a hit. The colors here are gorgeous. The one is actually a dupe for MAC's satin taupe.. and I believe a couple of the other colors are MAC dupe's as well, if not all of them. The only color out of these I don't much care for is the "brow" color. I can't tell that it's even there but I don't mind much because you can use it as a blending color and the rest of the colors are so excellent, it's still a great deal.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The colors complement each other very nicely but are not very pigmented. Would probably buy again

Awesome product! I've been a lifelong Maybelline fan and I was definetely not disappointed about this. When used correctly and with a primer, these eyeshadows give you incredible color and longetivity. I wear all my eyeshadows from 5:30 am to 10 pm and my entire look hadn;t even creased one bit!! I am so amazed at the wearability of these shadows, I can use all of them at once and it still looks appropriate for the day! The price is good for a quad as well. The quality here can match Urban Decay.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like this palette. I use the dark brown matte color to fill in my brows. The pigmentation is alright. I like that the highlight color is a matte bone color. It helps when blending out the eyeshadow. The gray color is pretty nice. I recently used it alone when I was rushing out the door. It gives a nice definition to your eye. I love the shimmery brown color. It looks so pretty on the crease. I enjoy this palette. I believe I paid around $4.50 for it. I have the older palette that comes with the eye shadow in the same size. I'm not too crazy about the newer packaging. If I find the same palette once I run out, I will repurchase. I do wish I could find the dark matte color as a single. I love it for my brows. The packaging is pretty cheap, but that's to be expected I suppose.

on 7/11/2011 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am impressed by the quality of these shadows. They blend easily and have good pigmentation. The colors are a gorgeous taupey brown eye. I would definitely buy again!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this was just ok. I wanted to like it more than I did. the color payoff is decent, especially over primer, but I really only liked two of the colors. The white color and the taupe shade weren't really that great for me, and had the least payoff. However, I do love the matte dark brown color and the coppery color. I didn't have any problems with staying power, but I do use them over TFSI, so I don't know about not using them without it. I don't think I would buy these again, just b/c I'm pretty sure I can find other colors to replace the ones I like.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Is this the perfect smoky eye palette? For the price, yes. The colors are gorgeous, and it makes it so easy to get a nice smoky eye. I adore all of the shades that are in this palette and they work well for a variety of looks besides it's specialty, a neutral taupey shimmery smoky eye. This is basically like Kim Kardashian eyes in a single palette. (Sans huge falsies, of course.)